Ludia Forums

Fix Stegoceratops and Monostegotops

After the last update, Stegoceratops lost its stunning impact and over 500 attack… Which is a HUGE nerf. All that just for a swap in strike. It doesn’t make up for it. Not at all. It would be best to make them back the way they were, or otherwise return their attack power by a significant amount.
These dinos have now become pretty useless for me.

6 Likes

Speak for yourself.
My Monostego is still as dangerous as ever.
I’m quite enjoying it so far.

8 Likes

While we are at it, doesn’t everyone get bothered by the soundless dig-in animation? Or is it just me…

5 Likes

It’s just a different player on the team now. I haven’t had a chance to play with it too much, but I don’t think it’s a bad change. Just different. Gotta learn how to play with the new playstyle and move set. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I play with all sound muted :shushing_face:

11 Likes

Also mine, if only it could stun

1 Like

I was also sad when I first played with him; but today I just 3-0’d a guy who tried to Rat me, mostly thanks to Mono. So yes, it’s a different role now but it’s growing on me!

4 Likes

Same, I’ve never played with sound. So annoying. And my Mono is definitely quite fun to use now. Green chicken rampage and run into swap in stun strike = death!

4 Likes

Also, predicting the Rat swap in by swapping in your own stunning, armoured, and in my case faster tank is just plain amusing

5 Likes

I’m good with everything but seriously they need to buff damage a little bit.

12 Likes

Agreed. It was a bit rude taking that much damage away.

6 Likes

Also, Stegoceratops 'Swap-in stun strike cancels dracoceratops 'Swap-in rampage. However, then Dracoceratops is not locked in and just swaps back out… Must be a bug?

1 Like

a little bit more damage please.

5 Likes

No. If one doesn’t perform their SIA, then what’s the point of them being locked?

Then again, it makes stego or monostegotops useless because it will just swap in again later…

They can both do the same, and with damage too.

I alternated back-and-forth between Monstego and Rat one battle. I’m surprised I didn’t see an angry post about it in the forums after that.

for monostego’s swap in, perhaps a couple of factors help to make it not feel like a cheap move, which in turn does not generate so much player uproar imo.
One of its ingredient (epic mono) is much harder to find. And the swap in damage output is only 1x, alto it is armor piercing, still its impossible to one shot a fresh dino.

I tried out different swapping moves with mono and rat in 1 battle as well, gotta say it created some interesting gameplay, and I felt the opp player was thrown off a bit by the swapping in and out of the 2 dinos. :grinning:

1 Like

I like the new move for ceratopsians, but I agree that the stats need change. I would buff the stats back to almost what they were before, but not quite there because of the swap in ability, and give Greater Stunning Impact back to all the dinos who lost it. Then they will be balanced again. The nerf in stats was far too much.

3 Likes

They really need to buff attack of all Ceratopsian. Not on previous numbers but close. That Dig in move needs to go, it’s waste of turn. GSI should be back.

3 Likes