Ludia Forums

Fixing the Apexes and some other stuff

Idk how many of you were around when I first signed up, but my first topic was Fixing the high tyrants and some other stuff .

Well I hope you’re ready for a sequel.

I had some controversial thoughts at the time, but with a lot of ideas pinballing around in my head recently, an onset of boredom for when I’m not doing final exams (You thought I did this in a day?), and just being better versed in balance in general, I think it’s time to spitball with the community again.

I have no problem if people wanna share these ideas, just please remain factual with them, since I don’t want anyone to be confused because someone miscommunicated. I’d be glad to explain further if requested.

This one is pretty straightforward, toning down how it beats cunnings while also allowing it to beat the resilients much more effectively. I thought about adding no escape, but figured that probably wasn’t such a great idea.

• Love it
  • Slight Rework
  • Dislike it
  • Hate it
  • Leave creature alone

0 voters

A really small change, but now that Lux cannot open with rampage and have the speed advantage, it effectively can’t output 6k damage by turn 2 unless it is faster than its opponent, it still retains a good T1 and great bulk, but becomes a lot easier to deal with.

• Love it
  • Slight Rework
  • Dislike it
  • Hate it
  • Leave creature alone

0 voters

This next one was rather difficult, but I found one I think works. Now Magnus isn’t as much of a sucker punch, can’t effectively deal an unblockable rampage, and is easier to kill. I was trying to go for a more offensive MRhino, and I think I succeeded here.

• Love it
  • Slight Rework
  • Dislike it
  • Hate it
  • Leave it alone

0 voters

I don’t wanna touch on the cunning Apexes since I don’t see much problem with them right now. This may change as they become more widespread.

Onto uniques!

Spyx was a very basic change, I gave it GACS so that it counters the new Mortem, and upped the stun res to reduce the RNG factor.

• Love it
  • Slight Rework
  • Dislike it
  • Hate it
  • Leave it alone

0 voters

Another simple move, but with drastic changes in arena, Thor now reliably beats Lux and Magnus, while no longer 2 tapping cunnings that don’t have ID

• Love it
  • Slight rework
  • Dislike it
  • Hate it
  • Leave it alone

0 voters

Poukandactylus

Attack changed from 1050 to 1300

A simple buff, it still feels a wee bit underpowered compared to to other uniques

Geminititan

Speed reduced to 109 from 110.

This change was done so that Gemini now loses to Mortem.

Note: the Miragaia minion in the Magnus raid will have its speed dropped to 113 to compensate for this change

All right, the should be enough that the meta isn’t in shambles any more. On to new creatures!

First one is a CompyC counter.

This one seems a bit over the top, but it does it’s job well and gets hammered by Mortem and Thor.

(Note: It shouldn’t have stun res)

This one was meant to be a fast MRhino counter, so that it beats MRhino before it can run. It may need to be toned down tho.

That’s all I got at the moment.
Feel free to totally light them up, I want these guys to be perfect.

3 Likes

My opinion:

My problem with the morty rework is that it’s now more of a fierce resil. Rather then a fierce, personaly i like a morty that has some form of non damaging cleansing move that also buffs it. Which is what u did, but then again my main problem is the shield

For hadros, honestly i feel like it should keep the counter, u could argue it could be changed to a medium decelerating counter (that might actualy pop up erlidom as a slight counter), but i feel like thats what makes it unique as a hadrosaur
I’d deacerese it’s damage, you’re automaticly nerfing all of it’s abilitys, so overall fierpower, healing and the counter

Magnus i feel like it’s swap is the big problem, so deacresing it to swap in headbutt or in my version “swap in greater stunning attack” (75% dmg) that would help to nerf the swap in. Then a delayed GA would also make a lot of scense. The shield is kinda wierd… when it has this much firepower idk about raising it’s defences

Then for uniques

I feel like spyx would be pretty exelent against morty even without the cunning strike
Kinda unnesecary

For thor i feel like the extra armour is quite unnesecary but the GSS, YES PLEASE. I’d personaly go with an impact but yeah defenetly would go with that instead of an IC

Also very thoughtfull on that gem change

For the first hybrid, it’s kinda a mess of a unique

But i kinda like it, but then again i feel like a dsungaia hybrid would better fit as a group hitter unique to counter CompyC

Then the 2nd one i’m kinda disapointed it polls nothing from gryleneken
But honestly if u realy want a fully anti-swap creature i’d personaly start with that earlyer in a liniage, making a boa g2 legendary anti-swap creature that would then fuse into a unique that would take it even further

I like these ideas! I think you did a good job at rebalancing and fixing those creatures.

I would like to contribute to this discussion a bit by sharing my opinions on how the Apexes and Uniques you listed could be reworked. Here are my two cents regarding the creatures you altered:

Mortem: I like the boost to her Stun resistance, as well as the removal of Cleansing Impact. Since Mortem is a fierce creature, I don’t think she should be able to cleanse distraction at all, unless she were to gain a priority damage increasing move such as Group Ferocity or Group Takedown.

Hadros Lux: I’m not sure that removing her counter-attack balances her enough. She can still take out Mortem, assuming Mortem doesn’t get a crit on DSR. This could be fixed either by lowering her speed from 108 to 107, or by increasing Mortem’s speed from 108 to 109. Being faster will allow Mortem to be able to defeat Hadros more often than not. Another way she could be reworked is by trading her Rampage for Decelerating Impact to lessen her damage output.

Ceramagnus: I like this rework quite a lot! The only thing I would’ve changed is leaving Acute Stun in place of Group Shield, and maybe giving her a shielding move as her basic attack instead of resilient strike.

Erlikospyx: I love this rework! I think this is, by far, my favorite rework out of the ones you shared in this topic.

Thor: This is exactly how I would’ve reworked her! I especially like the 15% armor you added. That will ensure she can survive more attacks from resilient creatures she’s meant to defeat.

Poukandactylus and Geminititan: I agree with these changes. I don’t have much else to say here, though.

Compicide: Looks pretty balanced to me. As for an alternate name, maybe Brontolanqa would suffice?

Dodoserpens: Looks fairly balanced. I’d normally be a bit iffy about a creature with fierce attacks being 100% resistant to Distraction, but I don’t think she’s necessarily overpowered or anything like that.

I think you forgot to actually up Spyx’s stun resistance in the rework.
Funnily enough, Primal Brace is also something I’ve suggested for Mortem Are Apex too Strong? Discussion - #300 by Qaw
Are Apex too Strong? Discussion - #357 by Qaw

I think there’s some good ideas here, and I agree on a lot of things. I do think Thor should keep Instant Charge though, and be reclassified to part Resilient.