Flocks are seriously stupid

Flocks are the only thing that is making this tournament frustrating. Ludia almost got this tourney weekend right, but flocks can still completely ruin a tournament. I was facing a dodo and compy with my ankylodocurus and using protective alert and alert scurry they almost killed my tanky, resilient, armored anky. If this doesn’t prove how broken they are, I don’t know what will. Oh, and fierce creatures are 100% hopeless against flocks. At least they can fight against normal cunnings.

10 Likes

I made these reworks a while ago to fix the 2 most infamous flocks. The reworked versions are still annoying to fight and are still tournament viable, but they’re much more doable.

2 Likes

I think flocks are a brilliant idea, done terribly wrong… If we’re gonna have so few group moves, then flocks should have way less HP, or not be able to heal… But the healing makes sense (in fact, I think it’s the only type of creature in the game in which that ability makes sense, considering we can simply imagine more tiny creatures arriving and not the dino magically recovering)… So yeah, HP/damage nerf or more group moves are needed for rarities under Unique.

Many times when we complain about a creature, someone usually shows up mentioning something about the stupid class system, like “it’s Fierce so it’s normal to lose to Cunning”… Well,the Epic flocks are Cunning and they kick most Resilient’s behinds! Only a couple of them can deal with flocks more easily. That’s the kind of thing that narrows viable options and makes teams repetitive…

13 Likes

This exactly. I shouldn’t need to have 4 creatures on my team all specifically for dealing with Teryx. It’s the sole reason why most people have more than half their team members resilient (yet Teryx is still troublesome)

5 Likes

I hate flocks. They have ruined tournaments for me. It’s long and boring and not fun at all.

13 Likes

I’ve been complaining about them since they came out. Another example of Ludia being too cute with their creative designs and gameplay, and actually hurting the game more than helping. HATE the flocks, and their paragraph long movesets

7 Likes

Yep. Flocks have single-handedly ruined tournaments for me. I was never a real tourney grinder (aside from the occasional unique tourney) but I’d often do a little extra and aim for a better reward. Now I do my 10 takedowns and get out.

5 Likes

There is also something odd with epic flocks having much more health than regular epic cunnings which have about 3k max

4 Likes

The problem is, we need more group moves, but Ludia don’t want to add too many group moves in case the raids become too easy, it would seem.

It’s ridiculous that resilients are falling to them, just as it was when fierce kept losing to resilients.

5 Likes

ludia has introduced a few more group moves into the game. Group cunning rampage, hostile glow, and group resilient impact are all group moves,

1 Like

Why are you complaining??
Flocks dies in my hands without even losing a dino lol…

Most of the new uniques or legendaries (or even apexes) are being made with group moves, the new Troodoboa is going to be a brilliant counter for flocks. Mind in tournaments it’s a little different since you do have to rely on resilient or cunning’s with distraction immunities.
Small note: Albertosaurus can do pretty well against the flocks sometimes. And Pelta does excellently against them

Flocks are seriously stupid & seriously strong.
Well, i wrote something related to this here.

1 Like

Because they ruin tournament metas. Literally everyone saying flocks are too strong aren’t saying anything about arena, because uniques are actually capable of easily countering flocks. They are more built for PVP than epics, and usually have better, more well-rounded stats and moves than epics. The problem is when you get to tournaments like the one going on currently, there is an insanely low amount of counters to creatures like Teryx compared to other creatures. It doesn’t matter if Teryx are countered by Ankylod, Pelta, and Suchot (and literally nothing else lol) or if they barely lose to Majundaboa and Megalogaia. The simple fact that they beat anti-cunnings like Brachio, Titanoboa, and Brontolasmus is already enough proof as to why they’re too strong.

1 Like

Flocks destroy most tournaments because most of them allow epics/rares (and now commons). These creatures of lower rarity do not have the best group abilities to dispatch flocks; DoT being your best gamble.
The occasional resilient that does have a GDI or GDR have low attack. Yes, they can inflict vulnerability, but that can be cleansed by H&M, etc. Additionally, most group attacks do not cleanse distraction and/or bypass dodge - both of which are important while dealing with dodgy distractionists.
Before the BAN (Big Argenteryx Nerf), it countered above 80% of the creatures allowed in the epic-rare tourney. (I won’t say counter percentage increased dramatically after BAN, because it still helps in 3-1 victories) But look at it now, will you?
It still mashes Titanoboa, Brachio (even Bronto and Ankylodi at times); the first two purely because they don’t have any group moves. Ankylodi and Pelta survive below a third of their health. Fierces are doomed, while most cunnings also do not have group attacks.

I understand Ludia’s perspective; they may think that giving group attacks to many may make raids too easy, but tournies aren’t fun when your opponent has a creature that counters more than half the meta while you don’t have a viable counter.

4 Likes

And exactly how many of those are on legendaries and epics?

Teryx isn’t as bad as it used to be, a lot more viable counters for it this time around. And keep in mind, the current tourney is without it’s hardest counter being playable. Last epic-legendary tourney is sucked. If it had to get a nerf, I would reduce it’s hp, 1250 per flock is way too much. Maybe 1100-1000 per flock.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think much will change about flocks… for the better players I think we need to hope that there won’t be an flock apex’s. Especially since I am making it to the point where I’m 1 arena away from library and will soon deal with these good creatures

Wait a minute, why are you me?

just group resilient impact

The other day, I had compys and Dodos x 4 in ONE FIGHT. Do you have ANY IDEA how long it took me to fight that ONE battle? So, so annoying to spend 45 minutes literally just trying to win one battle.

Then tonight, one set of lvl 16 compys took down 3 lvl 18+ dinos of mine.

Compys, Dodo, and Argentavis are absolutely RUINING the game, the battles and Tourneys are becoming so disheartening.

I’m about to Uninstall because of this - anyone getting SUPER frustrated by the use of these in battles and Tourneys??

2 Likes