Flocks ruin tournaments

Flocks are garbage. Yes, they have counters. Yes, they can be taken down. But the problem is with these stupud tournament rules. There are not enough common and rares with group or bleed attacks. Secondly, comp gen2 should not be able to consistently use it’s priority move (courageous alert) over and over again. Needs delay and/or cool down.

2 Likes

It’s compy g2’s “quick move” ability if it had a cooldown it would be useless but a delay will do

1 Like

Eh I don’t think it needs a delay or cooldown on CA. Compy needs a health nerf if anything. The new rare flock preon is a lot fairer to fight against because resilients can oneshot its flocks

8 Likes

My diplodocus can one shot a lvl 22-23 anurognathus but not compy g2

bruh a base level Ankylomoloch can one shot level 26 Anurognathus and Preondactylus

3 Likes

The problem is being able to do that one move over and over and over and over again. Priority move should not be able to be used over and over again. Not without a one turn cooldown.

1 Like

Rare compy isn’t even that good. use apato or any group attack and it’s dead. it has low dmg and resilients can just tank it’s low dmg

3 Likes

Flocks would be fine if they didn’t have an in battle heal (the swap in heals are fine). That coupled with the lack of group attacks is what makes them a little overpowered in my opinion.

7 Likes

Oh the flocks are horrible. I never liked the idea the moment it was announced. Then as time went on, I couldnt stand them even more. Ludia tried something cool, didnt work imo. And then theres the nagging little bit of me that cant get over the idea of a flock of pigeons taking down a boosted Trex. I mean, i know the game is far fetched, but that is just over the top ridiculous that my brain has a hard time letting go

1 Like

Flocks are a badly implemented system. I’ve already mentioned here, on how it should be.
Flock creatures - Attack Vs HP - Jurassic World Alive / General Discussion - Ludia Forums

Based on how many members left on a flock, the damage should vary. It can’t attack each time with full damage, even when there’s only 1 flock member.

For example, If a flock has basic damage of 999 and all 3 members are alive, it should do full damage. If only 2 members are left, it should do only 666. If only 1 is left, it should do 333. However if it’s 1 and heals, damage should go back to 666. Same case should happen, when its swaps in & heals. By this way, all creatures can better handle flocks, without any group attacks.

But if we do this now, it will be a huge nerf and will break the flocks mechanics.

2 Likes

Use a resilient creature. You know cunnings are pose to counter fierce right?

4 Likes

How did this go 20 minutes without being flagged?
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Flocks aren’t that hard to counter. You just need a thank or a creature with an counter. And luckily more normal creatures get group abilities. Antarctopelta and Fukuisaurus are good non hybrid flock counters

Flocks have many counter but 90% of them are irrelevant, the only two tanks I can consider running in epics for example are diplod, scuto, and pelta for example, in rares there’s only draco and doedic. While I do agree that the epic flocks won’t usually be too much of a pain, the rare ones sure are. One of their best counters in draco is a swapper and will usually be chipped when flocks come into play

Team rng can screw you over as well. I run 3 archae counters on my tourney team, but sir tell me what I do when rng gives me trike/albert/coel/compy g2 vs an archae

3 Likes

I did a tourney battle earlier this morning. They had Dracorex, Compy G2, Coelurosauravus, and Preondactylus. It. Took. Over. Fifteen. Minutes. while there are more balanced flocks than broken flocks, we still need more ways to deal with them fast and effectively. Rather than only group attacks bypassing Absorb, there should be a “Bypass Absorb” effect, allowing not just group attacks, but other moves to bypass absorb without making raids too easy.

3 Likes