Ludia Forums

Forum Rules and Appeals Process

Welcome to the Ludia Forums! Below we have outlined some basic rules we’d like our community members to follow so that everyone can enjoy the space.

Please note that our Forums are currently only available in English, though we allow other languages if they include an English translation. On to our rules:

Basic Rules: Please don’t do the following

• Create an account if you are under 16 years old

• All Caps Post; we view this as screaming and we would prefer if you didn’t

• What constitutes an All Caps post? Your comment/post will most likely get flagged by a member of staff if 50% or more of its contents are in All Caps.
  • Use animated GIFs as your avatar or backgrounds

• Thread Bump, Necro-Post, or Derail Threads (including “first” posts)

• Thread Bump: consistently posting on a thread to put it back at the top of its list.
    • Necro-Post: post on a thread that’s been inactive for a long period of time. 3 months of inactivity is the usual cut-off, though some exceptions apply (on a case-by-case basis).
    • Derail Threads: post a comment that’s irrelevant to the topic it’s being posted under. Feel free to create a new thread and link to it if you want to start a new conversation!
  • Be rude or aggressive towards other members or Staff

• Troll or Name and Shame

• Trolling: we believe that comments/threads should always remain constructive. Any comment or post that doesn’t bring anything constructive to the conversation or that is inflammatory in nature will be considered trolling. Before posting on our Forums, ask yourself: Am I contributing to the conversation? Will my comment rub people the wrong way?
    • Name and Shame: post text/screenshots showing another alliance or person’s username or heavily alluding to a specific alliance or person in order to put them on the spot or have the community league against them.
  • Spam

• Use foul or vulgar language of any kind (otherwise known as swearing)

• Bypass our language filters; your creativity in this capacity is boundless, but we would prefer you didn’t

• Bypass filters offences include: replacing a word with symbols, using abbreviations, using stars (*) to complete a prohibited word, replacing a word with emojis to complete an expression
  • Argue with Staff decisions, we consider the following arguing with staff

• Disputing a ban on the public forums, see below on ways to appeal a ban
    • Continuing to argue with moderators or staff after we’ve explained why you were banned; we don’t mind explaining but we will not go back and forth more than 2-3 times
  • Impersonate Staff

• Advertise, solicit, beg, auction, raffle, sell, or post referrals

• Post about Drugs and Alcohol; unless it’s specific to a Story plot, we don’t want to see anyone talking about it. References to Smoking/Tobacco Products also fall under the Drugs and Alcohol category.

• Post about Religious, Political, or otherwise controversial topics; we know these are major issues for a lot of our members but this is not the place to talk about them.

• Political: this includes the use of political slogans and imagery

• Religious: we allow the use of terms otherwise considered religious in non-religious contexts. E.g.: “what the hell?” and “OMG” are allowed.

• Post sexually explicit, vulgar, discriminatory content, or offensive language

• Use extremely rude or aggressive behaviour towards members or Staff; we feel so strongly about this we have this one listed twice

• Create Multiple Accounts

• Post Moderated Content; if a moderator has hidden or asked you to edit your post because it goes against the guidelines, do not post it again unedited

• Post Copyrighted Material

• UGC Content must follow these guidelines found in the Content Creation Guidelines

• Post PMs, emails, chat logs, or conversations; please refrain from posting private exchanges on the forums (any type)

• Violate the Terms of Service; we take this very seriously. Any evidence of the violation of our terms of service or of exhorting others to break those terms will be subject to severe disciplinary action

• Abuse of the Flag System; we understand that conversations can get pretty heated. With that being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Do not use the flagging system as a weapon against fellow users. The button should only be used for the following:

• Inappropriate post
    • Spam
    • Off-topic post
    • Other (you’ll be asked to provide a comment)

Zero Tolerance: these last 2 rules will earn you a permanent ban for breaking them

• Using Hate Speech of any kind
  • Threats of any kind

Any rule breaking can lead to warnings, suspensions, and permanent bans.

Ban Appeal Process

If you wish to appeal a ban for any reason, we have outlined how here.

• Write an email to support+bans@ludia.com with Ban Appeal in the title

• Include your forum username and the date of your ban
    • Explain why your ban should be repealed
    • Staff will reply to you with their decision - this decision is final
  • DM a moderator

• Explain why your ban should be repealed
    • Staff will reply to you with their decision - this decision is final

Remember, if you see a rules violation you can help by reporting it to us using the Flag button. Our Staff regularly reviews all member reports.

Updated 10/05/2021

28 Likes

@J.C, in the fourth bullet point, Thread Bumping, and necro post are mentioned. Please clarify what those are.

7 Likes

Where is the rule that we can talk about bots in the game? Because when I try to post about it, it keeps getting removed? I didn’t see any of that in the guidelines, and I just consider that freedom of information

6 Likes

Hi Guccisimo, no it does not break the rules however you post may have been caught by our filter. If this is the case it can take some time for our moderators to review and approve posts. You should have received a “Your post has been temporarily hidden” notification if it was caught by the filter.

3 Likes

“Some time” can be translated as “up to twelve days” for the uninitatiated.

2 Likes

Very surprised to read you’re OK with people discussing bots on here.

I’m assuming they’re referring to cheats/hacks rather than the AI which takes over in a battle if someone lags out.

I don’t think discussing cheats/hacks is a good idea…

2 Likes

To be clear, you can talk about the AI, your frustration with cheaters and bot programs but you can’t talk about how to cheat or use scripts (also know as cheater bots or bot programs). We also don’t now allow naming and shaming. If you find a cheater please report them in game. Hope this helps!

9 Likes

Makes sense, thanks J.C

1 Like

pls uptade to figth with friends

The rules are definitely reasonable, great idea making the forums! I couldn’t find a sub reddit page or a place to share my thoughts or gameplay. You really created such a great time with this game! :blush:

4 Likes

Is it allowed to post links to useful outside articles and guides (e.g., Metahub)?

1 Like

You can, there is also a topic from Metahub in the content creators section that you can link to.

1 Like

Dear J.C, I’ve written a post about what should be changed in JWA, but the forum straight censored it for no reason (as it doesn’t breaks any rules here). Also, i have a post that is hidden since 3 weeks. Could you stop hiding my posts ?

1 Like

How will spoofers be alerted to having been caught spoofing

A post was merged into an existing topic: Reset

A post was split to a new topic: Battle help needed

Hello JC,

I was directed by a friend to ask you a question and he said you would know the answer.

I’ll be traveling to China for three weeks. Is the game playable there? I know google map is blocked there so I’m thinking of using VPN to log in. Will this work? How do you suggest me keep play the game when I’m in China?

Thanks!

2 Likes

MichaelReilly

What are the guidelines for the filter? What does it look for to temporarily hide posts? A post that is not doing anything that’s up there in the rules could be hit with the temp hidden filter. Why is that?

1 Like