Frustration with lack of "random" dino picks

Hi Ludia, I have a L18 Stegodeus on my dino team and I have not seen it at all today in arena. Turns out I have lost all my battles without it. And not just today, this is a trend going back weeks and it is very annoying. Sure I lose with it but not 5 or 6 in a row as I do without it. Just for fun, before my last loss, I switched in a L15 Wuerho and guess what…it was on my team!!

Whatever algorithm is used to pick the 4 dinos before a battle is not random at all. A few weeks back, I played 4 or 5 battles with only 1 dino change each time. In other words, the same 7 dinos (of 8) in each battle with only one changed out. I don’t know if this is a bug but I’m close to quitting this game because there is no use in upgrading and fusing dinos only to find out the h2h software aspect is not performing as expected.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

The algorithm tries to balance out your dino level and the enemy dino levels.

Meaning if you have a Noobodeus several levels ahead the game will try to drop it out unless the enemy has such a lopsided team as well.

Rightfully so.

3 Likes

I mean you got like 4 1 in 8 chances of drawing it so it happens. The best thing to do is build a team that doesn’t need a stegodeus in every hand to succeed

7 Likes

This would make more sense if it wasn’t happening in the higher level arena that I am barely making any traction in but it is. As a result, now I’m back in the lower arena and still no stegodeus but my L17 IRex has been in for most of the battles this morning. :man_shrugging:

Easier said than done.

I’m at 7 or 8 battles now this morning, no stegodeus but the ones I swapped in for others showed up in battle right away and one was a legendary as well.

just don’t rely on it, it’s getting nerfed anyway :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Bad luck I think. My stegodeus is 2 levels ahead of my other dinos and I have not experienced anything like that. But, I don’t depend on it that much. I do admit he is a powerhouse that makes it easier many times.

Are you referring to the expected superiority strike nerf?

yep. 101010

In that case I’d call it a debuff. There was a time when it didn’t even have ss… ^^

Can’t rely on just 1 or 2 or 3 good dinos. Make a good logical case for ALL of them to be on your team. And then mentally go through having combinations of any 4. This is also when friendly challenges are great for practice.

1 Like

I’m not relying on ANY dino to win…my point is that one dino is consistently NOT being picked as 1 of the 4.

verb (used with object) ( lowercase ) Slang . (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful: The game development team nerfed several guns in the recent update.

They’re nerfing ss, which nerfs every dino with ss.

I replaced 2 of my team members with L1 dinos.
Yes. Your guess is right. Both got selected for the next 5 battles.
All of my L28s and L27s never got selected. For ages.

:rofl: