Ludia Forums

Fusing Scents

So this I think would be a good addition to the game. What this would do is it would allow you to create bigger and better scents. Say you have 2 rare scents. With either Coins or Bucks, you can fuse them together to create a Large Rare Scent, which could in theory last for 30 minutes and produce 2 creatures at a time. This could go for all scents, excluding Giga Scents as they already last for 3 hours. Then, after fusing into Large Scents, they could fuse into Huge Scents, which could last for 40 minutes instead of 30, again using either Coins or Bucks to fuse them. I think it would be a fun addition to the game as well as an improvement to the scents.

Leave your thoughts down below! Hope you like it.

7 Likes

It would also be cool if you could fuse different kinds of scents, combining their spawn pools in the process. Dinos that appear in both would get a higher chance of spawning. That might be harder to do though.

2 Likes

Maybe if you could fuse Epic scents with themed scents so you get only themed creatures, or something like that. If you could fuse themed scents or Epic/Rare Scents with Giga scents that would be awesome.

2 Likes

They could make this work with a few ground rules.

  1. Different sized scents have standardized time limits (ex. Small = 5 minutes, Basic = 20 minutes, Large = 1 hour, Giga = 3 hours). For names, Basic scents would simply not have a name modifier (like most event scents and group scents have now), so scent capsule would now be called “small scent capsule” and large scent capsule would simply become “scent capsule”. These could have different values than what I listed, but each higher level should last for more than twice as long as the previous level.
  2. Scents must be the same size (i.e. active for the same amount of time) in order to fuse.
  3. When two identical scents are fused, the scent increases by one level (same dinos, but active for longer). This way, getting to larger scents becomes increasingly harder. For example making a basic scent would require two small scents, but making a large scent would require two basic scents or four small scents.
  4. When two different scents are fused, the spawn pools combine, but the time limit remains the same. Each dinos spawn chance for each scent would be converted to a decimal, and added together for each dino that appears in both. Then the spawn chances for all the dinos in both scents are added together to find the new total, and each dino’s combined spawn chance/total gives the their new spawn chance. For example, if scent A has a t rex spawning at 2%, and scent B has it spawning at 10%, then this would be 0.02 and 0.10 for a combined 0.12. Spawn chances from two scents would add up to a total 200% or 2.0, so 0.12/2 = 0.06 or 6% chance. So it would fall between the other two scents. They could even give these an extra 2x boost for each shared dino, so it would be 12%. This would decrease the chance of non-shared dinos appearing, which makes sense. For this, say scent A has a 20% chance of spawning T Rex and 80% chance of spawning Velociraptor. Scent B has a 10% chance of spawning T Rex and 90% chance of spawning Apatosaurus. The combined chance of spawning T Rex would be (0.20 + 0.10) * 2 = 0.60. The chance for Velociraptor would be 0.80, and for Apatosaurus 0.90. Note that this adds to more than 2.0, 2.3 to be exact, so this is the total chance we use. So in the fused scent C, the chance of finding T Rex would be 0.60/2.3 = 0.26 or 26%, which is higher than either starting scent. For Velociraptor it would be 0.35 or 35%, and for Apatosaurus, it would be 0.39 or 39%, both of which are much less than in their original scent. Now if you wanted the fused scent to last longer, you would have to combine another Scent A and B to make an identical scent C, which you could fuse with the scent C you just made to make a larger version of scent C. If they wanted, they could also do something similar when you fuse rare or epic scents, with a fusion of two rare scents giving a 2x boost to all rare dinos as well as the time increase, and a fusion of two epic scents giving the same to all epic dinos.

It would be hard to name all these different combinations, so they would just be “(size) Custom Scent” that would be stored individually, with identical custom scents being stored together.

3 Likes

I love it! Now I’m really hoping this is implemented. I know it likely won’t, but I love this idea.

1 Like

Me too! I never thought about this before, but your post is a great idea and really inspired me.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t realize that this post could go this far. If the devs do implement this, I may have started it, but you my good sir developed it into a much grander idea, of a much larger scale.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really hope they consider it. And you should get credit too, because I never would have come up with any of this if not for you suggesting it in the first place.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the credit, but I think that alot of player would like if you could fuse scents. That’s why we are here to share ideas, we either enjoy the thought of the idea or think it would benefit the game

1 Like

Exactly. It’s been fun thinking this one over, so thank you for posting!

1 Like

Well thank you for improving on my idea! Its now a much deeper and better system.

1 Like