Ludia Forums

Game is rigged

So let me tell you this weird scenario that makes me think the game is rigged. I just tried to play a match. I didn’t get an opponent so I waited. The fight ai button came up but I waited. Eventually I hit the cancel button. The next screen that came up said opponent wins. Showed that I lost 3-2. I thought this was strange but brushed it off because unfortunately this game is loaded with bugs. Besides I didn’t lose any trophies. So I decide to try and play again immediately. Get a match rather quickly. I end up get a terrible hand versus what my opponent has. Then everything goes against me. Evasive indo doesn’t work, utarinex stun doesn’t work, Thor doesn’t crit, opponent lands a couple 5% crits etc… I lose 3-2. The strange part is that this opponent was the same as the one that popped up before without me even playing a match. This is impossible to happen

4 Likes

Another tinfoil hat-wearing post where someone refuses to accept that they were unlucky and blames the game for intentionally making them lose. Keep them coming, they’re absolutely hilarious.

5 Likes

Read the post. I didn’t play a match and got a loss to the same person I actually played and lost.

1 Like

Yeah, actually nevermind. The game is out to get you, and Ludia personally has a vendetta against you.

4 Likes

So explain how that happens?

Like you said. The game is buggy. And you had a bad hand. It happens. Stuns have a max of 75% success rate (unless its DC’s acute stun) so they can fail a min of 25% of the time. Evasive is a 66% to dodge some damage. It can also fail 33% of the time. And damage goes through regardless. Crits work roughly the same way. 40% chance to crit. 60% chance to fail. 5% to crit 95% chance to fail. What happened was a perfect storm of bad luck/ rng. It happens to everyone.

1 Like

What @Qiew said. Bad rng happens to all of us all the time. Nothing is rigged.

No what I’m saying is that when I cancelled trying to find a match I got the opponent wins screens with opponents name. I didn’t even play the match. Then I played a match and lost. To the same person that I didn’t play before

Game bugged out on the first match. Pitted you against them again due to its algorithm. no one gained or lost trophies so this is highly possible.

Are there truly so many people in the world just waiting in the wings to Ambush somebody with their negativity? Yes it’s a bit odd that you had a match that didn’t happen and then fought the same opponent but it does happen that being said to the people responding on here with the excessive nastiness for God’s sake learn to be nice to other people whether or not you thought it was a legitimate concern you could have answered with some level of decency

5 Likes

You should be happy about this gift you have. I wish i could see the results of the match before i battle.

2 Likes

That’s not at all what OP suggested.
His suggestion is that the developers of the game are greedy and will do anything to make players pay money, including sending players on win and loss streaks. Psychologically this is a solid plan, based on gambling/gaming house strategies.

Your proof that Ludia does not engage in gambling style addictions for profit is what, exactly?

3 Likes

I have similar concerns about the matchmaking/how rigged the game is.

The other night I played a series of matches where I met different players with identical teams and strategies. I had the same “B” team each time, while I was outmatched every match. It felt very much like the movie Groundhog day where each day is exactly the same. I was actually shocked to see it wasn’t the same player every time. I played 5 matches like this, then was dealt my “A” team against weaker opponents for 2 matches where I won.

While it’s extremely likely this was just bad RNG, there is a distinct possibility that the developers could very well program matchmaking to include intended win and loss streaks. No tinfoil hat needed, just corporate greed. We know that the developers have included AI “bot” opponents before, with pretty bad AI that weren’t readily identifiable as playing AI other than the naming scheme and then player doesn’t show in recent opponents. If they were able to do that, why not this?

3 Likes

Yesterday I went from 5470 trophies too 5143 trophies, but I decided to continue playing and eventually my losing streak went to a winning streak this happens all the time, Eventually I will be back at 5400, but then I thought, well at least this is good for the alliance mission rewards. so ya of course this game is rigged otherwise people would only spend 20min a day in the arena making it hard to find a match and meet the requirements for the defense incubator reward.
it’s not very fun for the player, but better for the game.

1 Like

Because assuming the game is rigged instead of bad luck and bugs is preposterous.

No one is denying there is logic in place that is profitable for Ludia, but the tactics they use are pretty straight forward and obvious. Thinking the game is rigged and the devs target specific players to lose for no reason is an assumption based on nothing but hunches, illogical thinking, lack of knowledge and fear.

To answer the OP, this is what happened:
You had a hickup in the connection to the server, this made the match actually start, but your phone didn’t get the establishment. After the match was done on the server, you get the screen that you lose. After that you battle again, and you get matched to the same person because you both click at the battle button right after you’re getting the end of battle screen and you’re still a match. What happens next is just a run of bad luck and you lose, and the next battle you win again. Yeah, Ludia is spending hundreds of hours of manpower to make sure you lost THIS particular match, only to let you win again after another attempt.
What the OP is assuming is ridiculous beyond words.

5 Likes

This forum is just cancer

2 Likes

Claiming that a perfectly legitimate game with some bugs and a luck factor is rigged, that’s worse than what this forum is.
The title of your post is: Game is rigged.
It is not. It’s a bold claim with no proof. So you can expect some backfiring on that. Welcome to the internet.

2 Likes

Thank you for your insight.

You’re welcome.
Now do you still think the game is rigged?

Most people just seem to be reading the part about bad luck and skipping the part about losing to ‘bob’ (what I’ll call your opponent for now) without battling, then battling and actually losing to ‘bob’ with some bad luck. I get what you’re saying but I would suggest you hit cancel, ‘bob’ got matched with you before you were withdrawn from the pool (lag between your cancel and the server registering it). Bob probably sat there looking at the waiting for opponent screen for a minute and then it timed out. You got the ‘you lose’ but no trophies taken away. Then when you battled again, Bob had also started looking for a match again - this time it lined up, you got matched, battled and lost.

Frequently when battling a few times in a row I will get matches with the same player over and over, which is what happened here. The bug made it look like it was rigged when it was just another silly bug for the funeral pyre… so yeah it looks like a pre ordained outcome but most likely a bug and you got matched twice in a row with the same guy, but cancelled one and the you lose bug happened. I see why it looks very suspicious, but I think there is a more reasonable explanation - bugs… So many bugs.

3 Likes