Ludia Forums

Game keeps crashing

Hi,

Every time I log in to the game with Facebook, the game starts to load, I hear the backgeound music but it freezes on the loading screen and crashes.

Any idea what’s causing it?

Thanks

Hey Callum_Grover, our FAQ here might have some information that could help you: https://ludia.helpshift.com/a/jurassic-world-the-game/?s=troubleshooting&f=why-did-my-game-close-unexpectedly&p=all
However, if you’re still having issues after trying those troubleshooting steps, could you reach out to our team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key so they can investigate further? Thanks!

Hi, the game continues to crash despite attempting the troubleshooting steps. I have sent an email with my support key.

I hope our team can get you back into the game soon and I’m sorry to hear that I wasn’t able to help. However, one last thing I can think of is making sure that your game is updated to the latest version. Depending on your device and settings, you might have to manually go into the app store to check if you have the new update. For Android, go into the Google Play store > My apps & games, for Apple devices you will need to go into the iTunes store > tap on the Updates tab and refresh the list of updates you have. If you’re playing on the latest version of the game and is still having trouble, our team will try and get back to you soon once they get a chance to review your ticket.

Will it crash every time? Have you considered the factors such as excessive equipment burden, lack of storage space, and unstable Internet? Or have you tried to remove the cache and data and reinstall the application? Usually after doing this, the problem of the game keeps crashing can be solved.