Game super laggy since update 2.3

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: The game is extremely laggy during most hours of the day ever since I updated to 2.3. The map and darting are especially very laggy (getting darting scores way lower than before). The battling is laggy enough that I’m now losing all speedties, when before I could win maybe 30%.

Area is was found in: Map, Darting, Arena, Tournament, Mission Collecting, Sanctuary, Lab, etc. Everywhere.

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Update to 2.3.
Step 2 - Play the game
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: 90% of the time since 2.3. The few times the game is not laggy when I log in, it becomes laggy after like 10-15 minutes.

What type of device are you using: iPhone 7+ with fully updated iOS.

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

Please find a solution or fix this please. It is greatly impacting my darting scores (which is annoying when we are getting new creatures and exclusives under drops right now) and my battling performance.

I have already tried clearing cache, restarting, re-installing. Can’t think of what else to do.

If anyone else has had this problem, have you guys found any solutions?

4 Likes

I’ve had stuff like this happen with previous updates, always just after the update. I remember having to restart the game every few minutes while running Gigas back when Archaeotherium and Meiolania were added. I think it just resolved itself after a while. It’s hasn’t been very bad with this one, right now I’m not having any negative effects but the game was behaving a bit weird directly after the update, and it wasn’t running as smoothly as before.
Fully updated iPad btw.

1 Like

I do hope it resolves itself. I’ve had it happen before but it was usually gone within a day or 2.
I didn’t post about this one until today because I was waiting and hoping it would go away like usual.
The intensity of lag for me is also much worse than usual.

1 Like

Same issue here. iPhone 7. Super laggy. Hoping it’s a bug and they will fix it soon. Very very annoying as I can barely play anymore. :roll_eyes: I tried changing the settings on my phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Running on cellular or WiFi makes no difference.

2 Likes

Yeah agree with all of your post. Is it just an older device issue then?
But they never mentioned anything about this, and considering we are still running on the latest OS, I’m not sure how this would be a problem…?
@Ned hopefully we can get an explanation or solution or fix for this asap?

1 Like

Yes ipad mini 4 it’s dreadful. Again have u installed and re installed. Only game I have on it. Its a 2nd account. Got 8gb spare on it as well only 12 applications in all mostly apple ones

1 Like

Yeah I have reinstalled. Tried pretty much everything I could think of

Hey there, Dragonclaw927, it might be a device issue. However, could I ask you to contact our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key and device info, if you haven’t already? Our team would be happy to investigate further.

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Bug Description: every time I try and do things it’s always buggy and laggy. It takes way longer than usual to load up a creature. Whenever I try and battle it just stops and freezes or either just boots me back to the loading screen error thing when your battle doesn’t load.

Area is was found in:
2.3. ( is that a valid answer?)
Step 1-
Step 2 -
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: a lot. Ever since I updated to 2.3

What type of device are you using: iPhone 6+

Anything else? All updates before 2.3 have been running fine for me. What happened now?

lag may be because of the snow particles

Yes, many players in my alliance are having same issues on old-ish devices…lagging, freezing, crashing, overheating, excessive battery drain, etc. Just atrocious performance in all areas of the game since 2.3 dropped.

1 Like

Weirdly alot of the iPhone 6 phones are suffering from this apparent lag judging from the posts I’ve seen scince update 2.3 came out .

If that was the case alot more phones would be effected . It’s easy to blame the snowflakes but we had the snow last year as well. It’s more likely older models of phones .

I have noticed a bug/glitch on the Aviary battle areana. For me the water is all pink and it seems like a pink bacround was just pasted on top of the water.

Yeah, that one’s been there since the update rolled out. Pretty weird.

Bug Description: Game is almost unplayable due to how glitchy and laggy the game has gotten since the update. Supply drops taking ages to open . Can barely dart a creature without it crashing.

Area is was found in:Entire game

Step 1- Open the game
Step 2 - Play the game
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Every time I try to play

What type of device are you using: IPad mini

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

Ever since the latest update my game has been super laggy. During battles it may go into like this slow mode and freeze on frames. Sometimes after a battle it’ll show the dino just standing there moving for about a minute. Spinning supply drops could freeze the game. Darting a dino could either lag or freeze. The game crashes to Home Screen at random and the phone gets hot. These issues remind me of an update many months ago. I hope there’s a quick fix for this. Prior to the update i experienced none of these issues.

2 Likes

For me it’s been hell to play since the last update as well. The game will just crash or freeze at random moments, which is very annoying if it happens during pvp or raid battles. Opening incubators takes a very long time to load. I know i have an iPhone 5S, so i shouldn’t expect the best performance, but it wasn’t anywhere near this bad before the last update. Since the update i’ve only managed to win 2 raids, whereas before the update i did them all.

1 Like

I also have problems with the game, almost nothing works, although before update 2.3 everything was ok. I use 6 IPhone, I think the problem is in the game itself, because there are already massive complaints. I wrote to the support service, nothing is said, 7 days have already passed

1 Like

do you know what support answered me? Change the phone — since mine is no longer relevant and a very old processor — I certainly understand, but not everyone can afford 12 IPhone, and not even reimburse the damages for the sanctuary - in which my Dinosaurs are stuck — which is not a job 36 days after version 2.2. Which I could not use in the tournament and some raids - cool Ludia continue - maybe soon everyone will delete your game altogether