Critical Chance: 5 %

Moves:
Defensive Hit
Defensive Rampage
Evasive Stance
Passive
Immunity

Hybrids:

Gastosuchus (Gastornis + Deinosuchus) (Legendary)

Diet:
Carnivore

2 Likes

My Gastornis version:

Rarity: Epic
Hp: 2700
Dmg: 1390
Speed: 131
Armor: 0%
Critical: 10%

-Sidestep
-Raking Claws
-Cleansing Impact

Swap In Dodge
Immune To Deceleration (Passive)

3 Likes

Sounds like something you take a Rolaids for.

4 Likes

What are you talking about?

Can we please remember when considering Gastornis that scientific evidence has shown it was herbivorous!

3 Likes

It was not an herbivore. I never seen it eat plants in my life. And I have only seen it kill and eat early horses

1 Like

These are the skills that I think would fit.

statistics: to your liking, but I think if or if the Speed ​​must be 130 points.

abilities

Defensive hit: Damage x 1, 50% chance to dodge and leaves the target vulnerable for one turn.

Definitive Rampage

Evasive stance

Passive

Immunity

1 Like

Hopefully the link works. Have a read and be enlightened

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24563098/

1 Like

Take a look at this

1 Like

Gastornis is omnivorous, end.

4 Likes

Walking with Beasts (which I absolutely love btw) is over 20 years old!

Scientific knowledge continually changes. Yes, 20 years ago this was the accepted version of Gastornis. Further research has however changed this assumption about its diet.

We will just have to see if/when Ludia release Gastornis what version they go for. The scientifically accurate or general public view?

2 Likes

If they added gastornis, I would have to rethink calling Erlikospyx as “murder duck.” Thai being said: of more cenozoics must be added, I support gastornis.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m Sorry

Interesting. According to Prehistoric Wildlife (my first stop on prehistoric info), it may well have been herbivorous.

“One of the most conclusive studies concerning the diet of Gastornis was published in‭ ‬2014‭ (‬Angst et al‭) ‬and was focused upon the analysis of calcium isotopes preserved in the fossils of Gastornis .‭ ‬These isotopes clearly indicate that the Gastornis fossils tested all came from herbivores‭ (‬plant eaters‭) ‬and not carnivores‭ (‬meat eaters‭)‬.‭ ‬Because of this Gastornis is now perceived to be mostly if not exclusively herbivorous and using its powerful beak to shear through tough vegetation.”

3 Likes

It was maybe an Omnivore, who Knows

2 Likes

Moves

Sidestep
Raking claws
Weak and leave

Weak and leave
Deal 1.5x, target is vuenerable for 3 turns and lose 10% max hp for 3 turns. Swap out
Del: 2 Col:1

Immune to swap prevention and slow down

If I;m not mistaken that is the same paper I am quoting and it also concluded all “Terror Birds” were likely herbivorous.

It also said only phorusrhacus was carnivorous which was due in part to there being no apex mammalian predators in South America until the continent collided with N America at which point mammal outcompeted phorus leading to it’s extinction

I’m quite happy believing carbon isotopes and what they indicate. If you can produce a recent paper that directly counters the quoted paper I would be happy to read it.

In the scientific community as a whole this whole debate and scrutinisation process takes place before a paper can be published and I’m sure at the time this debate was also had!

1 Like

I’m not an expert in dinosaurs but I believe a paper who a person (who’s trustworthy enough) reviewed (that is newer) it is better to trust than an older video which may have not been reviewed yet :slightly_smiling_face: