Ludia Forums

Get ALL your dinos to level 20!

After playing this game since almost the beginning, I have watched this pattern.
Level 20 is the overall level used to create most dinos, especially the higher ranked dinos.
Also Ludia seems to be notorious for introducing new dinos that require using a dino that most players will not have had any reason to level up or collect DNA for. This is their way of keeping people at bay from automatically being able to create new dinos and allows them to sell incubators with that needed dino DNA.
So to all players, concentrate on levelling all of your dinos to level 20. This will ensure that unless it takes absolutely new dinos to create new releases, you will be at the point with every dino to at least start creating new dinos almost instantly.

1 Like

I’d rather just stockpile the DNA and only level when needed.
Leveling something I wont be using short term would make me low on coinage.

18 Likes

I don’t see why anyone should do that. All Uniques are created at level 21, therefore obviously their non-hybrid ingredient will be at level 20. But not every creature gets a Unique hybrid directly. Levelling your Woolly Mammoth to 20 would just be a waste.

Also, there’s no point in levelling superhybrids to level 20 on the off chance that they do get a Unique, because they can’t get hybrids in the first place.

6 Likes

I tried it just cuz. Then I realized that I could’ve used that wasted DNA on its hybrid that could get me the dino I want. Don’t do this, it waste valuable DNA and coin. Only do this for dinos that make uniques

My own game goal is all prehistoric creatures to level 20 and I’m almost there. I don’t plan to take them higher as 20th is a suitable goal and I don’t bother with non-canon hybrids.

I think setting yourself a in game goal is a good way to play. You can slow play your way up the Arena and boost the ones you really like anyway.

Best is to lvl up everything to its lowest possible hybrid lvl, then lvl up only what you plan to use in arena and/or tournaments.

5 Likes

I’d take the best 8 of those specific rarities and take them to lvl 30 for advantage tourneys…

Would rather not waste my coins on things that can’t get another hybrid or are superhybrids just to level them to 20, sorry
Would rather keep them 5 levels above creation level, that way you won’t be wasting coins for a L15 when the hybrid is an L10 hybrid

Pero cómo sabes a qué nivel debes parar?

Moderation Edit

Translated from Spanish:
But how do you know at what level you should stop?

1 Like

I understand this would not apply to Unique dinos. I also understand it would take a lot of coin to happen. It would be a work in progress for those who can spare the coin here and there. My main point is that some dinos at Legendary and especially those at Unique typically require both dinos to be at lvl 20. We can say wait on dinos that already fuse into another hybrid but don’t count them out because we have seen some of those dinos get new hybrids that then require you to level them up to 20. This is an observation and doesn’t mean go out and invest all of your coins into your low level dinos right away. Just be conscious that this pattern exists and it would help to be prepared in case a new hybrid comes out. These mostly useless common and rares tend to have this happen eventually.

Zero Legendaries require L20 hybrid material.

1 Like

You can put commons to lvl 5, rares to level 10, epics to lvl 15, and legends to lvl 20. Other than that you let dna stock pile until it does get a hybrid. Don’t waste coins.

3 Likes

@Oriondestiny You have any input on this? :laughing:
I bet I know what you’re going to say.

Good for having fun, but a lousy strategy as per OP’s suggestion.

Only unique components need to be level 20.

Unique hybrid - ALL components need to be lvl 20
Legendary hybrid - ALL components need to be lvl 15
Epic hybrid - ALL components need to be lvl 10
Rare hybrid - ALL components need to be lvl 5

The signs are also in the lvl that they unlock at.

Unique = 21
Legendary = 16
Epic = 11
Rare = 6

As you can see they unlock at the lvl above what the components need to be at.

Your advice to players is poor and based on lack of knowledge of game mechanics.

The best advice to give anyone (I personally feel) is either:

1. Stockpile dna until it is needed. Then all you need is the coins to lvl them up.
  2. Level each one to their lowest required level. i.e. don’t level Rare above lvl 5, don’t lvl epic above lvl 10 etc.

Of course the rare rarity isn’t so much of an issue as they are cheap that low level and you may need them a bit higher in the early days for battles.

But man your advice is bad, really bad.

Sorry. I stand corrected on this. It is Uniques.

That does not necessarily change my advice though. Anything from Common to Legendary can become necessary to create a new dino. I get all of you that say stockpile DNA instead. I too started this way. My advice isn’t to go out and just coin dump. My advice is to spare coin here and there to increase levels of those dinos with stocked DNA. Sure stockpiling can get you all of the DNA needed to level a dino up to what is necessary to create a new dino BUT what then? You stockpiled all of that DNA and then continue using your coin here and there anyways only to have a new dino come out and you have all of the DNA needed but now you actually have to have enough coin so that you can “coin dump” to get the dino to the level necessary to start your journey to creating. My advice may not be for everyone but it doesn’t mean it is worthless advice. Plus, I’ve battled level 30 commons that were boosted and had my uniques stomped.

Actually, first you need to have coins for leveling creatures that are not neccessary. Until you are working on creating new hybrids, you usually don’t have extra coins. Once your team gets two lvls from max it will eat a lot of coins. You again don’t have those extra coins.

When you have dex full and you don’t need to lvl up your team, you can give some coins to creatures you need for tournaments. Again many will not lvl up best one, cause the have superhybrid and their dna is too valuable. Some of them are exclusive.

You can say lvl up everything to lvl 20, cause most likely many can’t afford spending coins on something they won’t use in arena. Especially new players.

My end goal is to have all creatures at lvl 30, but thats a lot of coins and will take time.

1 Like

That is terrible advice.

It is a waste of coins, which are very important.

It is a waste of valuable DNA which could be used to level the hybrid.

Better advice:

Don’t level creatures any more than needed at the time.

Just let the DNA stock up.

1 Like

Anyone who is reading this thread… do not do this. Stockpile your DNA and coins until you know what you need them for. Never level a dino unless you are using it in the arena or if you need it to be a certain level to create a hybrid. There is no benefit to leveling all your dinos to lvl 20 in preparation. Especially since there are a lot of them that only need to be lvl 10 or 15. Don’t waste dna or coin.

1 Like

Everyone is mentioning a lack of coins. Have you considered using your requests to get coin? The fact of the matter is that just about everyone has a series of dino DNA they are trying to attain and most of it is the same that the rest of your alliance is also trying to attain. Sanctuaries give less DNA but gives guaranteed DNA. Common dinos will give players 1 for 1 if they donate to other requests. Rare will give 3 for 1. Have your alliance find a dino, preferably a rare that nobody needs anymore in game and just have everyone keep cycling the DNA to each other. Everyone request the same dino. It gets donated to you as you are donating it to the next. Sure some players at lower levels are considered lower donated but that doesn’t completely ruin the cycle with a stockpiled dino that nobody needs anyways. Coin problem solved… :+1:t5::joy: