Ludia Forums

Gigantophis Mods Tournament - 12/13-16

Rules for the Gigantophis Mods Tournament have been posted. Other than Mods, no special rules are in play. It is a Jurassic Tournament.

2 Likes

With the Titanoboa tournament earlier, and now this, i think giant prehistoric snakes really liked MODs.

3 Likes

Gigantophis was first (and most recently) available the week of 2/25/19. Unfortunately, this appears to be the week before we started collecting data on tournament scores. Unless someone has their own data to share…

Here’s a reposting of my links to our discussion of previous Mods Tournaments

3 Likes

The titanoboa tournament needed around 890/900 for the bottom of Dominator. And it was a three day tournament.

6 Likes

Round one battle. This could get ugly

2 Likes

I’ve not yet had time to get higher than Survivor league… and already hit my first Survival mod which cost me the win. Ludia definitely not making me like mod tournaments at all with how difficult they make these. It’s just so much harder than the modded PvPs in terms of the level of mods you get and so many mods they’ve added since the last one that can screw your game up. If I already had this creature I’d definitely be sitting it out.

FYI - I assumed with less participation the opponents might be harder so bumped up from what I usually bring at each level. This helps somewhat in dealing with a bad mod lineup against you. So I have not experienced anything like the opponents in Andy’s screenshot. Bnb

3 Likes

1st run…too difficult to maintain position…lost so many matches to reach here!done for the day!

1 Like

It is a little bit harder than normal tournaments, I had three losses and one crash so far.
But it could some kind of funny from time to time too.
In my fourth battle my opponent had two survivor mods, I saw no chance to win it. But then I recognized that he had this mod in his first slot…picture because I do not know its English name.
Screenshot_20191213-180306_Jurassic%20World
He shuffled and gave himself rubbish, I won without any problems.
I was suspecting this and now I know for sure that this is one of the most valuable mods there is…for the opponent.

2 Likes

Check out this mod matchup I got… bottom of Predator. Actually managed to win this battle… and got a very lame 27 trophies for it!! Ludia really should fix how these are determined so you are rewarded for the difference in mod rarity not just dino AFS.

@Keith @Ned - is that something you could pass on?? It just doesn’t seem fair to not get extra points for getting such a hard lineup of mods to defeat.

2 Likes

Oh, how I hate the survivor mod. I have won a couple of battles that I should’ve gotten way more points for considering the battle. I am in cool down mode and only got this far.

2 Likes

The AI definitely loves that Survival mod. It’s frustrating how often you have to face these incredibly hard mods that no real player would have so many of to use!

1 Like

No problems getting into dominator, only lost one battle. Toxin has turned out to be a godsend in this tournament. @Mary_Jo if you are having trouble with survivor, pair your last dino with toxin. Once you “defeat” the dino and survivor saves them, toxin takes them out. Good luck everyone

I probably won’t have time to finish this, and i already own Gigantophis, but i did an initial climb for the S-DNA and community event. Look out for that Super Rare Shield Mod. It nearly cost me a match.

1 Like

Not liking this tourney at all. The enemy uses too many high level mods. Thought if I was using my high lev teams that I could get away with low lev mods but I was wrong when the AI came out with far far better. I don’t even know what the mods do as I despise them so much that I don’t even want to read and remember that bilge. I will probably get through the tourney but no doubt will be losing a few more fights that I shouldn’t. My newer account doesn’t stand a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere due to no coins or other resources to buy mods and having to use 3 every battle. Newer players are not going to get anywhere at all.

2 Likes

Sigh… I hate when the strategy to survive these battles involves spending lots of DBs to get legendary mods. Nope, not going to do it. I work WAY too hard for the DBs that I’m able to collect to ever spend them on mods. The one time I’ve tried that I ended up with a whole handful of Mirrors instead. The very very few Toxins I’ve gotten have come from TH offers, but they seem to have become exceedingly rare, as more and more other mods have gotten added… ones that are little benefit to the player, but that really can screw your game up when the AI has them. So definitely not wasting them on a tournament when a matchup might not even HAVE a Survival mod, I prefer to save them for a PvE where I know that the Toxin is going to be needed to get past a bad set of mods in a battle.

3 Likes

Yes, the SR Shield is essentially just another Survival mod. At least though you can take it out easier since it doesn’t require a kill shot to do so. I thought I disliked mod tournaments before, but this one is just a nightmare. Games are supposed to be fun. This is NOT fun at all… because you simply can’t strategize around the massive variations of mods they’ve added to the game.

For once the ‘older’ players seem to have an advantage.
So far I only spent custom mods and made it to the first place in dominator by losing three battles. I always use a combination of two meat shields and one lvl 40 VIP, I got more than 20 of them. This seems to be working until now most of the time.

3 Likes

Yeah, being able to put in creatures that are way better than you know the opponents will have is definitely the BEST approach to mod battles. But yeah, not an option for us newer players. So basically those that already likely HAVE this creature unlocked are the ones that can get through this tournament without the kind of difficulty being inflicted on the rest of us.

2 Likes

I definitely relate to this sentiment. In the process of purchasing mods I got 11 shuffle mods… what even am I going to do with those… for a legendary mod I don’t see much use in them strategically

1 Like

That SR Shield is a menace. Lol. :confounded:

1 Like