Give new morty a chance

this might be a bit controversial but hear me out. everyone says morty’s new kit is ruining it’s raid capability, but really, all we need is some new strats. even though roar now has a longer cooldown, it gives everyone boosted attack (on top of morty’s already 2000 base attack). also it has a potential 0 cooldown rending takedown to use against bosses. so, an attack boosted rending takedown with a potential rtc thrown in there from an irri twice in a row seems pretty raid capable to me.

7 Likes

I think people’s criticisms about the changes are entirely valid, but I agree with you that it’s a little extreme to say that Mortem will be entirely useless before the changes are even out. It might become a self-fulfilling prophecy, where people drop Mortem just because they think everyone is.

13 Likes

And then they’ll run into those of us that kept Morty, and then complain that Morty’s new ability makes it super OP and say it should be nerfed

4 Likes

that’s just average forum user logic ¯\(ツ)

7 Likes

I think a lot of users are also disgruntled by what is perceived as a major nerf in PvP.

1 Like

I mean for some time many people have been calling out for Cleansing Impact to be removed because Mortem could basically one-shot most cunnings with it(something that no fierce should do according to Ludia) and want did we get with this upcoming update? Yes, Cleansing Impact is finally removed but now, most people are complaining that Ludia should’ve never done that and keep Cleansing Impact so that it at least stands a fighting chance against CompyC and Scorp G3, things that should triumph over it due to them being Cunning which should counter fierce regardless of rarity.

3 Likes

Honestly it’s more of a raid nerf. The new basic move is basically as good if not better than Roar (except against flocks, which Mortem probably wasn’t beating anyway). It lost cleansing impact, which it should have, and gained what should still be a good move in it’s place with the new Roar. Maybe Roar should be 1.5x damage, but other than that Mortem should still be fine in PvP except maybe against cunnings (who it should have been losing handily to anyway).

3 Likes

I just don’t think rend on morty makes much sense. Its damage output means the rend will often results in less damage than an impact or rampage. The changes don’t really make it any more viable in the meta, and the new roar is going to mess with a lot of raid strats.

Morty needed an on-escape move to make it more viable in PvP. The swap and slaughter strategy will continue unscathed now.

3 Likes

I agree with you there

1 Like

The only potential positive to the changes would be if roar boost morty’s attack that turn, essentially making it a group shattering impact. The wording on the new roar is clumsy though so only time will tell.

2 Likes

Yeah either that or keep the buff like it is, but make the attack do 1.5x damage by default (basically damage buff for three turns instead of 2).

1 Like

Yep. We should see first how the new roar and abbilitiy work before judging them. Peoples argue that mortem can’t stand against flocks or cunnings without cleanse but thor and allosino do that pretty well without having any cleansing moves so why not mortem

They have Instant Charge though -basically an extra 1x damage before the cunning has the chance to distract them again (or Rally for flocks).

3 Likes

I’m not too bothered about raids so much because we always experience times where new strats are needed, this is no different.

However, those that invested in Mortem to reduce Hadros raid to 8 turns because it is the most boring longest raid ever invented is now going to be screwed and most likely have to revert back to it being longer than 8 turns.

Also for some raids like Trebax being too powerful can be a bad thing, but again new strats will be needed anyway.

I think PvP is where a lot of the frustration is coming from regarding it being useless.

2 Likes

Yep. My point is if other fierce can defeat flocks without cleanse then why not mortem

1 Like

They can, but there are special tools that allow them to do that (like priority damage, in the case of Thor and Allosino), which Mortem doesn’t really have.

I would be ok if Mortem had a cleanse… but not on an impact, that’s too much damage. Although I agree with other posters that what Mortem really needs is an on-escape move (preferably a damaging one) to keep dinos like Testa from swapping to a cunning in the first place.

No need to attack the users when we’re having a civil conversation.

1 Like