Ludia Forums

Give us a choice of legendary at end of event

This event took a crazy amount of time. My characters are all level 11. Frankly, with as few legendaries as I have, getting one that is now 1 of 5 to level is a bit underwhelming. If I had an option to pick one that would have a significant impact on a player, I would be all in.

3 Likes

Would be nice even if it was “random”. Kind of like challenges where you roll dice and then pick one.

1 Like

Picking the reward would certainly help players with maxed items. Getting another copy of a maxed legendary item is absolutely useless. Unless there has been a recent change, these extraneous legendary items cannot be used, traded or sold. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Absolutely a much worse situation to be in.

I agree as many of the legendaries are junk and gaining 5 or 10 of few good legendaries will take years… it is not making want to feverishly get my ranger his bracer of fury. As it is I would get a junk armor or trinket etc.

I would say there are only around 10 good legendaries from a pool of 60 or so. We should be able to choose both legendaries and silverhand rewards. Then more people play pvp events and more gems get spent = good for Ludia!

2 Likes

You nailed it, @Chris_Gray. There has to be a better incentive to complete that event. Imo the return for the cost in time and $ is a bit light.

1 Like

I disagree. Everyone always picks ranger gauntlets until they are maxed, then on to the second most powerful piece. All the parties look the same in the end.

What they should do is 1: you get a brand new legendary you don’t have a single copy for. This prevents players like me from happening. (I don’t have the bracers at all yet, but already leveled up armors.) then if you have 1 of everything, 2: pick one of 4 truly random characters to get a piece for. Random rolls should be weighted towards items you have less copies for, so you are less Likely top out items while having next to nothing in something else. 3 topped out items are dropped from the random pool until everything is maxed. Silverhand should be treated the same way But in its own pool.

1 Like

Let us say you are right for a second… so I spend 5 weeks getting my fury bracers to level 3 and then it would take other 10 weeks to get to 4. That is 4 months on a single item. Even by being allowed to choose it would take me 6 months to get 3 or 4 items to level 3. That seems fine as it is only 3 of my 10 characters with one nice legendary each. Some of them will use two lege daries such as the bard so that character might take months on her own. All we will need is harder content to allow us a challenge.

Alternately, let us melt or forge items so we get rid of useless items and have shards of items we can choose what to make with. I.e. melt 3 to get shards to forge 1 item of your choice.

1 Like

I like your melting idea. The problem is that Ludia is trying to slow us down progress wise. Your suggestions would speed us up, so they wont fly with the dev team. Mine is just as slow, but perhaps frustrates players a little less. I do really like your melting thing though… it’s a good, fun idea, and works to address dead corners in the game. Maybe if we needed 10 melted for 1 new, it would not be too fast…

2 Likes

I agree 100% @Slimeworms. While I am uncertain the objective was to hamper progression, numerpous changes over the past year have certainly imposed a negative impact. These include secondary spellbook caps, limits on the number of passes or rewards from challenge events, pay walls, event rigging and dispersal of rewards among too many heroes.

It seems it will onerous for newer players to adequately improve their heroes to competition with top players. Those of us that have been here since the onset remember when the app was much more enjoyable prior to corruption of these features.

Unfortunately, I suspect the inherent nature of being a developer is preventing the team at Ludia from observing these concerns from a player’s perspective. If the team were able to view these changes the way players do they may be able to understand why players feel abused. My advice would be to consider how many of these changes have negatively impacted playability, Hopefully something gives and they begin responding favorably to player concerns.

1 Like