Godzilla KotM

Most definitely stayed for the end credits scene. One of my fav parts was the titans getting credited as themselves lol.
The expressions were AMAZING. You could see Lefty’s curiosity and amusement, and Mid/Righty’s frustration with Lefty.
Mothra’s benevolent warrior spirit was portrayed with perfection.
And when Serizawa delivered his “gift” to G, you could see how tired he was just by his eyes. He looked like he was saying “I want to fight, but did you see what I just went through? I need a minute.”

4 Likes

A certain head of a certain someone… hinting at a certain Mech, possibly, in the future. Or a straight-up return.

4 Likes

Oh snap, can’t believe I missed that. Fail 101. :wink:

4 Likes

I personally believe they will make a clone or even a hybrid out of our good old BIDIBIDIBIDI, as the Monsterverse has been consistent with trying to root the kaijus to reality. And imo mecha would push that.

That, and at the start of the film, Titan DNA weaponized was hinted.

5 Likes

You’re probably right. But part of me hopes it’s the mecha… I’m fond of the fantastic cheesiness of the older movies lol.
Still hoping to see MechaG one day.
But cloning is very intriguing as well. It could lead to a Pacific Rim-esque army of Kaiju (Titan) clones.
Edit: I say MechaG meaning Mechagodzilla. Confusing since they don’t use King in reference to Ghidorah. I’ve always used MechaG and MechaKG as abbreviations.

4 Likes

Hahaha, I can actually hear that in my head! “BIDIBIDIBIDI” :rofl:

5 Likes

My theory is that they will try to clone Ghidorah, but the alien cells will go hairwire and start working abnormally.

And since it has been proven they are capable of rapid reproduction to the point of regenerating missing limbs, I think the scientific experiment will result in not a clone, but either Destroyah or Hedorah, since they both are kinda living, mutant amalgams.

4 Likes

Could King Ghidorah not just grow the other 2 heads and the rest of his body? :smirk:

4 Likes

Sounds legit to me. I’d like if they threw in that the Oxygen Destroyer has something to do with the Ghidorah mutation, though. Maybe the alien cells absorbed it in the explosion?
And Hedorah would be nice as a waste byproduct of the experimentation.
Keep both of them a lil close to the roots :wink:

4 Likes

That’s always a possibility. We’ve seen that regeneration is part of Ghidorah’s repertoire. But there’s always the question of it being a power shared by the whole body, or just the main head.

4 Likes

This thread makes me SO happy. It warms my heart and soul to see more G-fans out there, old and new, excited and full of opinions/theories.

4 Likes

I believe the Oxygen Destroyer didn’t affect Ghidorah because it has all-around weird physiology, being an alien. The thing can absorb electricity, regrow head, make magnetic storms and survive thousands of years embedded in ice. Also, since it apparently “fell from the sky”, I would assume it could travel in space? So doesn’t even breathe oxygen (unlike Godzilla).

4 Likes

Adhering to the “realism” of Monsterverse, that would definitely make sense. It’d be a shame, though, to leave the OD with such shallow effects. Killing everything in a 2-mile area is nice, but lacking the impact the original had.
I keep going back to the fantasy aspect lol. But what if the OD led to Destoroyah forming as it did in the Heisei… and the Ghidorah head led to us finally getting Bagan on the big screen?
I dunno bout you, but Bagan is my favorite Kaiju design in the entire franchise.
Some of its powers were shapeshifitng and healing in drafts of movies and whatnot. The only time it actually appeared, in that one game, it was augmented using G and KG’s cells if I’m not mistaken. So it may not be too much of a stretch.

3 Likes

I can definitely see those two as possibilities. And good ones at that.

Only time will tell.

3 Likes

I think you need to be involved in some G-movie making. Your thoughts and concepts are :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

You are making me blush

Raven-teen-titans-38864512-245-184

3 Likes

Haha, I did that too when I saw the pre-credits. And then I realized that Marvel leaks out their good stuff during that time.
Legendary takes their time and waits until the real credits are finished. And then :exploding_head::crazy_face::grin:

5 Likes

JWA helped inspire the design of Ghidorah :laughing:

6 Likes

We saw it last night, wanted to be there opening night but work… I cant pretend it was a perfect movie but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I left the theater grinning and will even say I had way more fun with this 1 than with end game

4 Likes

I think the human characters are much more of an improvement than 2014 and especially 1998 (we never speak of that one ever again). Having family drama and a smaller, yet likeable, military crew like in Kong Skull Island shows how much Legendary actually listens to the fans and not just the critics.

3 Likes