Ludia Forums

Gorgosaurus tournament

This week’s tournament is the Gorgosaurus (i know, we’re all sad it’s not my beloved Yutyrannus :joy:)
Good luck to all who take part.

As for opponent strenght, i kinda already miss the last tourney (Damn you lvl 40 VIPs! :joy:)

3 Likes

Boy those early levels sure do drive me crazy. I first went with some lvl 20 commons, and the AI stomped me into oblivion. So, upped my game on the next try to some lvl 30 commons… and it comes with lvl 1-10 commons and I get a measly 24 trophies as a result. Sigh.

3 Likes

I’m always relieved once I reach dominator. Then I know in most cases what to expect.

3 Likes

Here is my data from today.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have nearly as much trouble OTHER than that first one in Hatchling league. It’s not just a matter of not knowing what to expect, it’s the AI itself not seeming to know what it wants. I know that in a regular tournament it often gives you very low commons in that first match, so figured my level 20s would be MORE than sufficient. I guess I just need to give up on trying to get decent trophies on that first match since the AI on it is so badly screwed up.

I am continuing to notice how determined the AI has become to not use all its points. Particularly noticeable on those matchups where it has a guaranteed kill… and still uses less points.

Case in point, just had one where I had 4 points reserved. AI needed one hit to kill me and had 5 points. You’d expect it would use all 5 points to get a guaranteed kill, right? Nope, 3 points with 2 put into a block. Granted, while it’s annoying and does in rare cases cost me a win in a tight match, this often ends up helping me out by the AI so often leaving me alive, and I’ve almost come to count on it keeping a point back in the last matchup as often as it does it.

2 Likes

I have noticed that, too. It almost always reserves one point.

I noticed the other prize packs that were devoid of cash now have dinobucks. THANK YOU. It really wasn’t fair to all players that certain packs had money (bottom couple and then the top) but the middle twin packs didn’t.

1 Like

Here is where I’m at so far in the tournament I might do one more round before I go to bed tonight

2 Likes

For data projections.

3 Likes

Pls help why the enemy is so strong

1 Like

The opponents are based on the level of the tournament you rise to. There’s also an element to the AI where if it thinks you are sandbagging with a team that’s not good enough for the level you are at, it comes at you with a doubly-hard team compared to what you would get if you matched what it wants.

So when you are a new player this generally means you’ll get to a point quickly where you can’t win, and you have to wait until you fall in the standings to play another round. As you progress in the game, each tournament you’ll be able to get a bit further.

3 Likes

Morning run

1 Like

Meanwhile I possess so many dinos, I spend more time scrolling through my list than I spend with fighting.
It should not be too complicate for Ludia to implement two buttons to jump forwards and backwards page by page.

4 Likes

For those that have not already made the jump to Dominator here is episode #2 which details out my run to Dominator from Hatchling. Also have some code 19’s in this one if folks are looking at how to do them.

4 Likes

Or a way to filter out creatures that are in cooldown

4 Likes

Replace ‘or’ with an ‘and’. Both should be no problem.

4 Likes

Nightly run.

3 Likes

My actual data.

1 Like

Thanks for doing these, I am still new enough to benefit from seeing how the experienced players do things! Particularly those Code 19s which I expect I’ll never get super reliable at doing at the hardest level. Although yesterday I got one of my VERY rare perfect scores on a level 10… and then proceeded to get only half points on the lvl 8 and lvl 5 that followed. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

Love that idea! And agree, that would NOT be hard to implement. You should send that in directly to them to make sure they get it.

2 Likes