Gorgosuchus vs Tryostronix: which is better?

Just what it says on the tin. Which of the two is overall the more useful creature to use? Gorgo has the advantage of damage/number of damaging attacks, and Tryo has the advantage of immunity and speed. In the current meta, which is the way to go?

Tryo for sure.

10 Likes

Both fill a similar role…but the immune faster one does it far better especially with its boosted health… tryo beats gorgo 1v1 as well… and tryko

Hands down Tryostronix… started to level mine up and the potential is evident after the latest patch! :wink:

The problem is that Gorgo still does 172 damage more than Tryo though, making it easier for it to one-shot things.

1 Like

That 172 damage does all of zero good when its stunned or slowed… something tryo never has to worry about

7 Likes

Make room for both if you can. You can chew through lots of meat. Sometimes all in one gulp. But if you absolutely must pick just one, then gotta be Tryo.

1 Like

Hands down tyro for me, now tat stunning % is increased for some dinos, would immediately swap out my gorgo for tyro if both are same lvl. Gorgo is 21 n tryro 17 :frowning:

1 Like

or bled!  

Tried to replace my level 24 Gorgosuchus with my level 20 Tryostronix, but the latter wasn’t cutting it… Obviously, I am still trying to level Tryostronix, but Baryonix, in particular, is quite hard to get, so it is a slow process… Kaprosuchus and Gorgosaurus, on the other hand, are a lot more common and it is easier level Gorgosuchus. So, I guess, it depends on what level your dinos are at…

1 Like

As it currently stands, my Gorgo is level 22 and my Tryo is level 21. Though I’ll probably be able to level it up within the next couple weeks.

Anyone that says Gorgo over Tryo is either lying or ignorant

2 Likes

Well at least prior to Tryo getting a hp and speed boost, I wouldn’t even have hestitated to say that Gorgo was better overall. And even now Gorgosuchus rivals Indoraptor in terms of potential raw damage output. Hell, I’ve managed to take down a couple of them using only Gorgo, while Tryo pretty much always got killed.

Gorgo wasn’t better in the higher end meta before the update either it was just easier to run overleveled. Now Tryos is easier than ever to get to level thanks to Barry becoming a global anytime spawn and he’s even better than before.

7 Likes

Agree, not denying the fact that Tryostronix is better… Just saying that, for the time being, I prefer to use my Gorgosuchus, which is 4 levels higher.

2 Likes

That is certainly reasonable. Extra levels can make a huge difference in performance and 4 is a large amount.

1 Like

benefits of using gorg or magna over tryostronix is that the defense shatter is readily available with no delay. id still choose magna overall if his hp got buffed or if his ingredients were easier to get. for now im using tryo.

2 Likes

I hate Tryio. Hard to counter for my team and deals lots of damage.

or in a different arena than you, and facing different competition.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t make any difference. A Tryostronix v a Gorgosuchus at the same level, Tryostronix is always better. Always.

1 Like