Gorgotrebax is SERIOUSLY underated

When compared to the other apexes like Hadros lux, Mortem, Ceramagnus, and eventually Hydra boa, Gorgotrebax seems underpowered and because of that most people don’t even bother to try it and just go for the other aforementioned apexes. I was one of those people until I saw this battle.

Summary

One of the “weaker” apexes finishing off the strongest creature in the game, then taking on 3 full hp tyrant creatures. All while not even being max level. This made me realize how powerful a well boosted trebax can be and I myself am considering placing it on my team once I have it unlocked.

12 Likes

How did Trebax not take any damage from Testa? What moves did Testa make to not cause even the slightest damage?

2 Likes

yeha the start of the story is detha dear got smacked hard only had a little health the gorgo came in revenge hit enough to kill it then the other uy who should have used the compie to soften it up didnt but loaded the chernobyl murder bird which was never going to work just bad play i have had big gorgos and with health canpretty much slam a gorgo that dear didnt have a chance…no dig in and not enough health

Ah yes I was missing the fact the Testa had already killed something, I was thinking for some reason they’d started with Trebax.

Shhh. I like everyone thinking it’s terrible and underestimating it. I’ve gotten all three kills of a battle with it a couple times now, and it’s great for revenge killing all kinds of stuff.

4 Likes

I really enjoy using mine too, the only issue is since there wasn’t a boost shuffle i’m not able to make it any faster. You can tell from that first image that the Trebax is very highly boosted in speed. It’s health and attack are a lot lower than mine and mine has 139 speed at lvl 29.

It’s the favourite in my team as well. Best creature to bring on a setup mortem, destroys grypo, SR3, indotaurus, can beat in 2 turns hadros lux (if used at the right time) and ceramagnus, monolorhino as well, beats compsocaulus pretty easily, hold its own against tenontorex. It only really struggles against resilient creatures but that’s normal and erlikospyx but we don’t see much anymore and it will be less the case when it hits level 30.

trebax is easy to kill. it wont stand a chance in battling head to head with testa and dioraja. he has no immunity to speed dec and vulnerability. even ankylodicurus can kill this bad boy easy. swap with good resilient and you wont have a problem.

Most creatures are “easy” to kill when you put them against their hard counters. You just picked the ones you know easily kills them.

Not sure there’s many, if any, Dio’s or Ankylodicirus in Shores or high Gyro.

6 Likes

Exactly the main danger is testacornibus in shores. I haven’t seen a diorajasaur up there as they get instantly grypoed!

1 Like

That’s exactly like saying, “Testa is easy to kill. It won’t stand a chance battling head to head with grypo and indotaurus.” :laughing: Everything in the game has at least one direct counter. What matters is everything else it can beat.

12 Likes

if its easy to kill, the raids will be easier

That’s not true because the raid bosses don’t have the same stats and move-sets as the actual creature plus they have 2 minions. So not a true statement at all.

5 Likes

raids has diffrent stat. it was designed to be played with teams. pls dont mixed it.

IMO, everything in pvp can be easily defeated if you have the right counter. and if you dont, you can sacrifice 2 dino to take down that opponent. practice more and plan a good strategy

Shhhh, don’t bring this to everyone’s attention :shushing_face: hah
Trebax is a beast :fire:

Exactly… Now, players will ask for a nerf… It’s an Apex, so it should not be better than Uniques… Hey, wait…

2 Likes

Trebax is my biggest fear. Not saying it’s the best, but I have lined up some pretty strong deer counters to survive at the beach without using my own deer. And guess what, Trebax wrecks them all.

5 Likes

Trebax was never underpowered, but it is a little slow and there are so many counters out there. It has become more relevant since resilient moves don’t slow anymore. Properly boosted and used, there are many many strong dinos. If you have a decently powered creature and your opponents bring out only creatures which are weak to yours, there’s an ok chance that you’ll wipe them clean.

1 Like

Gorgotrebax is so common in my area.

The resilient move changes were a huge indirect buff for it. Lux & Magnus eating fat nerfs helped it a lot, too.

2 Likes