Ludia Forums

GPS freezes

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: GPS freezes

Area is was found in: game map

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- open the game
Step 2 - move from the point where you are standing… Map remains where it was when the game was opened…
(add
Step 3 - 3 or 4 minutes later, Owen pops up telling me I’m going too fast…
Step 4 - I politely inform Owen that I am a passenger…
Step 5 - map refreshes and freezes again at the point where the refresh occurred…
Step 6 - repeat steps 1 through 6…

How often does it happen: all the time, since the 1.7 repair patch was launched…

What type of device are you using: Huawei Mate 10…

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here) battling is broken because of boosts, now this…

Hey Anthony_Papadopoulos, try going into your device’s GPS settings and toggle off the Improve Location Accuracy setting. Some players had reported that toggling that option off should help.

There is some more information here on this thread: GPS marker in game don't move when Google Improve location accuracy is On

Thanks Ned, will look into it…

You’re not the only one. My wife and I have the same problem. Support has never gotten back to me on this or the not being able to collect my daily reward. Still waiting on my 100 erlikosaurus dna I missed out on.

The only way I know how to fix it is uninstall the app and reinstall it, but it only lasts a few day then you have to repeat the process.