Ludia Forums

GPS glitches on new phone and spoofing

I got a new phone recently and, I’ve noticed that when I’m stationary the GPS randomly flings me all over the place, waaay more frequently than my iPad (what I’ve been using all this time) does or my previous phone did. Recently someone alleged that they were banned because of a similar issue, presumably because it was assumed that they were spoofing, so I want to know if I have anything to worry about or not. Is it a bug that’s happening to other people after the new update, or is it a problem with my device? Is there anything I can do about it?

I also have gotten this “glitch” all time, sometimes it brought me to another side of my city, sometimes just 10-100 m away.

1 Like

This happens to me all the time. Have not been flagged or heard of others being flagged for this. It’s completely involuntary. People call it “drifting” and it usually happens when I either switch to another app and then back to the game or if I switch between Wi-Fi and cellular. I will sometimes try to use it to my advantage to drift into a dino that’s just out of my range but you have to be quick because it usually corrects automatically fairly quickly

1 Like

Nothing to worry about, it’s very common.
My current phone doesn’t really glitch more than 50m or so, but I once had an iPhone and that had specific spots it glitched to, usually about 100-200m away. Occasionally a random spot ~10km away. Never had any complaints from Ludia.

1 Like

It’s been happening more often for me lately, but usually it just drifts for a second and then snaps back. Recently it jumped and got stuck in a spot about 4km away that I haven’t been to in quite some time, which was weird. It stayed there until I restarted.

1 Like

For me it’s not because of JWA btw. When my map says I’m in a weird spot and I switch to Google Maps for example, I’m at that spot there as well. Phone related GPS issues, satellite malfunctions, software messups, gravitational shifts or solar flares perhaps. Who knows.

1 Like

You wont get banned for it.
I have no clue how they detect spoofing, but they seem to be able to tell the difference.
I had a bad month December 2019 where my GPS just plain dint work and kept putting me in a retention pond. a mile away.
It went away on it’s own in 2 weeks or so.

1 Like