Ludia Forums

🌸 Guide: The most optimal decoration layout and Coin Generation

Hey all, so I made this guide because as a min-maxer, I find it interesting about using trial and error to find optimal ways to play games. The goal of this thread is to share what I’ve found in terms of decoration layouts to provide the best intel for those who want to maximize their coin generation in their park.

Updated: Nov 7, 2020

Table of Contents:

(ctrl + F can allow you to jump to a certain section for those on a PC)

• A. Introduction

• B. Starting out: Optimal Decorations

• A table for every base-game decoration.
  • C. Space vs Percentage Layouts

• Maximum Percentage
    • The “Strip Mall”
    • The “Duo Mall”
    • The “Compact Mall”
  • D. My Layout

• E. NON-VIP Layouts

• For those who are not VIP or do not have easy access to the VIP decorations.
  • F. Paddock Offsets for Carnivores and Amphibians.

• How Carnivore and Amphibian Paddocks can utilize up to 6 more decorations.
  • G. Decorations that are event based (Work in Progress)

A. Introduction:

So decorations are fantastic for boosting revenue. In my experience they are far better than buildings, the cheapest investment to boost coin production, and do serve a purpose outside of maximizing coin production (via Trade Harbor, easy XP level increasing).

Buildings are subpar to dinosaurs because most have inefficient Coin Productions Rates (which I will refer to as CPRs. Now they can be boosted by decorations too but to put it in perspective the Bonitasaurus has the worst CPR in the game at 28,570 coins/15h. The best building in the game is the Horizon Observatory at 15,120 coins/18h. That’s a huge loss. That’s why in my park, I only use buildings to complete missions or fill up free space.

Now not every decoration is good. The decorations larger than 2x2 in size simply aren’t worth it. The largest and most expensive decoration in the game is the Apatosaurus Fossil. It’s base is 5x3, with a boost percentage of 10%. Even with just 2 John Hammond Memorials that’s a 14% boost for about half the space used. However, the Apata Fossil is thee #1 most lucrative item in the game outside of dinosaurs to trade with and is also amazing for leveling up your park level.

These are the only decorations worth using as a max-level player:

• Clocktowers (16% over a 4 tile range) (thee best decoration in the whole game, however it is a VIP decoration so it’s vary rare if you aren’t a VIP member.)
  • John Hammond Memorials (7% over a 6 tile range)
  • Sundials & Mr DNA Statues (10% over a 4 tile range)
  • Park Oasis (10% over a 3 tile range)

With just these decorations you can do wonders for your park income. Despite the massive percentages you can achieve with decorations, there is a tradeoff between space and percent. The highest percent increase from decorations that I have come across, is 708% from JH Memorials and Clock Towers. Details for that will be below. But despite that massive percent, it is roughly the size of 4 island tiles. Just for ONE paddock. There are compromises, which I will discuss below.

B. Starting out: Optimal Decorations

For newer or low level players not every decoration will be available, so I devised a simple table for the best choice for decorations. The basic explanation is that there are a maximum of 3 rings. Certain decorations are best in certain rings, which is why it’s important to put the correct decorations in the correct ring - for maximized percentage.

The Inner Ring is what surrounds/besides the paddocks. The Middle Ring is what goes on the outside of the first ring. The Outer Ring is the furthest you can place certain decorations that still have a boost effect on paddocks.

In the example below, the Inner Ring is the ring of Fountains. The Middle Ring is the Geysers. The outer Ring is the John Hammond Memorials.

Now one VERY interesting note, is that because of the paddock size differences between Carnivores/Amphibians and Herbivores/Pterosaurs there are actually differences between how some of the decorations work better.

Below is the table that lists the order of decorations from worst (left side) to best (right side). To use it, simply use the decorations you have unlocked that are on the rightmost side of the table and use them in the correct rings.

Least Prefered Decoration Most Preferred Decorations
Carnivore and Amphibian Paddocks
Inner Ring: Fountain Amber Pedestal Tropical Planter Velociraptor Garden Statue JW Flag Geyser Bonfire Triceratops Sculpture Daisy Bed Water Path Garden Flowerbed JH Memorial Park Oasis Sundial & Mr DNA Clock Tower
Middle Ring: Velociraptor Garden Statue Geyser Bonfire Triceratops Sculpture Daisy Bed Water Path Garden Flowerbed JH Memorial Park Oasis Sundial & Mr DNA Clock Tower
Outer Ring: Flowerbed JH Memorial
Herbivore and Pterosaur Paddocks
Inner Ring: Fountain Amber Pedestal Velociraptor Garden Statue Tropical Planter JW Flag Geyser Bonfire Flowerbed Triceratops Sculpture Daisy Bed Water Path Garden Park Oasis JH Memorial Sundial & Mr DNA Clock Tower
Middle Ring: Velociraptor Garden Statue Geyser Bonfire Flowerbed Triceratops Sculpture Daisy Bed Water Path Garden Park Oasis JH Memorial Sundial & Mr DNA Clock Tower
Outer Ring: Flowerbed JH Memorial

C. Space vs Percentage Layouts

There is no way that I’ve found to have maximized space efficiency while providing the highest percentage possible. That’s why below here I will list out the best compromises that I have come across.

Maximum Percentage, Too much space needed.

Picture of thee absolute highest percentage possible, at 708%. However it takes up 4 park tiles, just for 1 paddock.

The “Strip Mall”

Connect Paddocks in a line, outlined by decorations.

The “Duo Mall”

Like the "Strip Mall", but 2 rows of dinos are included with 2 layers of decorations separating the 2 rows.

The “Compact Mall”

Like the "Duo Mall", but there are no decorations between the paddocks.

D. My Layout

So on my second Island, Isla Sorna, I am setting up for maximum coin generation using all the Hybrids, Tourney Dinos, Super Hybrids, and VIP dinos. Basically every non-base game dino is on that island.

In this screenshot it shows how I utilize space using 3 of the decoration layouts I listed above.

Towards the Top Left, I have my Pterosaurs and Herbivores in a “Duo Mall” layout. Then with a JH Memorial Wall I have my Carnivores in a “Compact Mall” layout towards the Bottom Right.

This setup isn’t as ideal because I am currently struggling for space because not every tile of Isla Sorna is unlocked, and so I am simply waiting for more tiles to become unlocked. However this layout grants me ~60 million coins every 12 hours. Keep in mind this is only on Isla Sorna. I get another 12 million from the main Island, Isla Nubar.

E. NON-VIP Layouts

Now not every player will have VIP, nor the time/resources to gather a lot of VIP decorations, such as Clock Towers or Sundials.

The best decorations that are not VIP, are JH Memorials and Park Oasises. Essentially the Inner and Middle Layers are Park Oasises, and the Outer Layer is full of JH Memorials.

The layouts I listed above is section C still work with Park Oasises, just replace the Clock Towers with them and that is the best decorations you can get without being VIP.

F. Paddock Offsets for Carnivores and Amphibians.

One important thing brought to my attention is paddock offsets for Carnivore and Amphibian paddocks. This was brought to my attention by @Falconhawk.

For decorations that have an even range between the decoration and the edge (For example, the Clocktower has a range of 4), if you offset the paddocks by 1 tile you can increase the percentage by up to 6 decorations.

Throughout my testing this only works with Carnivore and Amphibian paddocks that are cover a 4x4 area. With the Herbivore and Pterasaur paddocks being 5x5 they are offset but only by one side.

This is a picture that demonstrates the offsets.

The Tyrannotitan paddock on the left side is not offset, whereas the Sphenacodon paddock on the right side IS offset by 1 tile, causing the Daisy Bed (4 tile range, 5% boost) to give it’s percent boost to ONLY the Sphenacodon.

This is an example of why the Herbivore and Pterasaur paddocks do not work with the ofset

The offset is canceled by the 5x5 paddock size and so the Daisy Bed does NOT have an effect on the percentage.

G. Decorations that are event based

@Andy_wan_kenobi brought up the suggestion that I should include event based decorations.

Here is a list of the decorations that fall under this category:

• Exclusive Decorations (by certain unlocks OR buying certain packs)

• Snack Statue (6 x 7%)
    • Jurassic Park T. Rex (6 x 10%)
    • Jurassic Park Gates (5 x 10%)
    • 1st Anniversary (???)
    • 2nd Anniversary (???)
    • 3rd Anniversary (???)
    • 4th Anniversary (4 x 5%)
    • 5st Anniversary (???)
    • Booster Legacy (4 x 4%)
    • Charlie Statue (4 x 4%)
    • Echo Statue (4 x 4%)
    • Delta Statue (4 x 4%)
    • Blue Statue (4 x 4%)
    • “Haast” Eagle (6 x 10%)
  • Boss Statues:

• Omega 09 (Trex, 5 x 6%)
    • Vulcan 19 (Triceratops, 5 x 5%)
    • Juggernaut 32 (Nasutoceratops, 5 x 5%)
    • Salamander 16 (Microposaurus, 5 x 7%)
    • Phoenix 44 (Pterodactylus, 7 x 7%)
    • Valkyrie 77 (Pteranodon , 5 x 7%)
    • Colossus 04 (Megaldon, 5 x 7%)
    • Akupara 81 (Archelon, 4 x 5%)
    • Kraken 18 (Giant Orthocone, 5 x 8%)
    • Maelstrom 08 (Megaloceros, 4 x 8%)
    • Ourboros 66 (Titanoboa, 6 x 6%)
    • Behemoth 93 (Elasmotherium, 5 x 7%)
    • Dodo (4 x 7%)
  • Seasonal Decorations

• Dodo Easter Statue (3 x 8%)
    • Alpha 06 (T. rex, 4 x 8%)
      • GOLD Alpha 06 (T. rex, 7 x 7%)
  • GOLD Boss Statues:

• Omega 09
    • Vulcan 19
    • Juggernaut 32 (5 x 5%)
    • Salamander 16 (5 x 7%) [Failed to make goal]
    • Phoenix 44
    • Colossus 04 (6 x 8%) [Failed to make goal]
    • Akupara 81
    • Maelstrom 08
    • Ourboros 66 (Titanoboa, 7 x 7%)
    • Behemoth 93

The statues that I have crossed out I do not own in my park and so I do not have the stats for those decorations. I also do not know if at this point in time every Boss Statue has a gold version. Credit to @Sionsith and @Andy_wan_kenobi for adding a few decorations that I do not own :grin:

When I have a completed list I will organize it into a table like I did for the base-game decorations.

I hope this helps, and I’d be more than happy to answer questions below when I can get around to it, as I am a pretty busy person :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

You deserve an award :trophy: for your excellent work

6 Likes

I love your ideas @OstaposaurusBae like @Jurassic_Fury said, you should receive an award for your work :smiley: :trophy:

3 Likes

can I also see your lineup ( your dinos are amazing to look from their paddock itself) or could you link it to me if you have already posted it in the forum?

3 Likes

You might want to mention Boss Statues, Haast Eagles, and other special decorations

4 Likes

Thanks for pulling this together, but I think you might not have the optimal max-level configuration if you are maxing out at 708%. With only clock towers and JH, I am getting 786% on a small paddock and 874% on a large one. Pics below.

image image

With a few of the Boss statues that Andy_wan_kenobi mentioned, I’m getting 807% on a small paddock and 885% on a large one. Again, pics below.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for putting this all in one place.

7 Likes

Nice job @OstaposaurusBae, if anyone is interested in a video that goes over similar tactics…
Game Tutorials

3 Likes

Yes, just let me find where I last posted it, if I did.

Good point. I didn’t originally want to include them because they aren’t obtainable like the rest of the decorations are, but due to some of them being larger and/or higher % it would be better to include them.

Ah I see. I will correct it now :wink: Good catch.

3 Likes

Sure take your time!

1 Like

Ok so I listed out the ones I have.

If you or any other players have any decorations that I am missing, I’d be happy to add the range and percentage of the decorations.

I’ll continue working on a table for those decorations in the meantime.

2 Likes
  • Exclusive Decorations (by certain unlocks OR buying certain packs)

• 1st Anniversary (???)
    • 2nd Anniversary (???)
    • 3rd Anniversary (???)
    • 5st Anniversary (???)
    • Haast Eagle (6 x 10%)
    • Jurassic Park Gates (5 x 10%)
  • Boss Statues:

• Valkyrie 77 (Pteranodon , 5 x 7%)
    • Ourboros 66 (Titanoboa, 6 x 6%)
  • Seasonal Decorations

• GOLD Boss Statues:

• Omega 09
    • Vulcan 19
    • Salamander 16 (5 x 7%) Failed to make goal
    • Phoenix 44
    • Colossus 04 (6 x 8%) Failed to make goal
    • Akupara 81
    • Maelstrom 08
    • Behemoth 93

Added the ones I have and left the ones I am not sure about, there are no other gold boss statues that have been offered other than what you or I have laid out.

4 Likes

Jurassic Park Gates 5x10%
Ouroboros 66 6x6%
Kraken 18 5x8%
Haast Statue 6x10%
Dodo Boss 4x7%
Gold Salamander 16 5x7%

The only Gold Boss statue that has been offered that you don’t have is Gold Salamander 16

Edit: @Sionsith beat me to it. And I forgot about Gold Colossus

4 Likes

Bit late seeing this but wow, this is so informative. This is gonna help so much with coin production in my main park

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Necro-posting