Ludia Forums

Guild Raid

Anyone think this rally is too hard? I’m a top 50 or so player and struggling to get5 or 6 rooms. Having a fairly new guild we won’t get a quarter of the way.

2 Likes

I agree this is unreasonably hard. I’m clearing only 5 or 6 rooms too, too often tough toons are one shotted. I like a challenge but not a pounding.

If he stabs the ground I’m dead. Hitting me for up to 58k damage. Sometimes in room 1. 1 st room is level 19 boss for me and then level 20.

Ok finally got to room 12 only because he never stabbed the ground but then he did! Lol. Hit me for 160k. At room 12 the boss was level 22.

1 Like

10 keys spent 12 rooms cleared the level 19 1st room has killed my team 3 times. I wonder if this is what they think is funny

Ludia did it again. Completely unbalanced, nonsense, when it hits the ground with his sword it causes 100k dmg, lol…Ludia, why?

Completely insensate.

2 Likes

Oh, glad it’s not just me taking longer than normal to clear rooms:)

2 Likes

4 rooms in he went on a stabbing spree. Ridiculous :face_vomiting:

The stacking bug had no bearing on what is currently happening. Without the stacking bug all the top people could still clear 600 rooms it would just take way longer. Now starting in room 1 we are getting 1 shot by a totally unbalanced boss.

1 Like

Forge’s boss flames always oneshotted a character before, but no one complained so hard because they knew that sooner or later they were going to oneshot him thanks to the stacking bug. Not that it’s not working anymore i find people in all discord server and forums whining abot this raid. And for me it’s fun.

1 Like

whatever you say boss. I been playing a long time and it didnt one shot my characters last raid and it certainly was not hitting for 160k dmg like ive had happen to me so far on this raid. it used to one shot me ONLY IF it crit but the average character with a dodge or ac buff on could live through it, now they get hit for 20 times their HP, it was never that high before. Also even if you used the stacking bug to one shot him he still won initiative often or before your mage/cleric and ive had him do his sword ability first round often so it was not like if you were using that bug it prevented you from dying.

2 Likes

What is interesting to me is that when I complained that the raids were too hard, and my guildmates and I were being wiped in the first room more than not, I was told to use a bunch of maxed out gear I didn’t have and to “play better”, although I’m at a loss what exactly I could do better when 40% of the time I had a toon down before I really had a chance to throw a buff on, or even have a turn sometimes.

So now that y’all are in my boots, why are your complaints valid? What has changed? Oh, you are no longer at the top. You are merely level 20, so you can get wiped by a system set for level 30, just like I, at level 12, was getting wiped by level 20 system.

I have to thank Ludia, because it is easy to forget the whole “walk a mile” adage.

Ultimately, you are all correct. The raid should be reasonable to play at all levels. (Getting at least 3 rooms in if not 5 per key). But, if they were unwilling to look at balance before, why would they now, especially after a history of people criticizing it being called “poor, sore” players by others in the community? Best of luck undigging that hole.

3 Likes

Never used that glitch, I see your point tho. The reality is Ludia is forcing us to spend more skeleton keys…that’s fine with me yet +100k dmq in a shot you cannot avoid is completely stupid. I can avoid meleeing lvl 22 Kurgaloth if I want but I cant do anything if the Forge Boss decides to use its sword.
That’s super nonsense.

This is a tough raid boss this is the topic about the first time we had a forge raid. It was oneshotting people with flame, but no one complained really hard, guess why?

This is like those 1980s pizza parlors that cranked up the difficulty on their solo Pac Man machine. Cranking up the difficulty to get more quarters and in this case give out less prizes until…people stopped playing altogether.

1 Like

Unfortunately @Gwylym12 I have fallen foul of the rules a few times they don’t like any references to drinking - despite the fact that the start of all adventures in Warriors of Waterdeep are at the Yawning Portal Inn and one of the loading screens clearly displays some of the adventurers enjoying a couple of ‘Special Elixirs’ at what appears to be a tavern - effects of the potions in question are reported to hit you with greatly increased miss chance, -5 dexterity and a 50% chance to be hit with a sleep effect each turn.

2 Likes

You remember 1980s pizza parlors? Shaky’s? That was a good one.

Why is Drakevalos’ post flagged? I have seen a few posts that were flagged recently that I’ve wondered about.

3 Likes

My understanding on @DrakeValos and @Pino posts they have been flagged and hidden in this thread because they discuss what the Devs and Moderators consider to be a game exploit.

Funnily enough, I also had a lengthy discussion once about what I considered to be an exploit in gaming and in my opinion using the game mechanics to your advantage isn’t an exploit because quite frankly if the feature isn’t intended or is a bug, then it is the responsibility of the Dev team to remove such mechanisms ASAP if they don’t want players to use them. It’s a bit like building a prison with a trap door for criminals to escape out of and then complaining that they’ve gone on the run.

As it is their game and their forums I have to respect their definition and what they don’t actively want to encourage in game.

2 Likes

This seems to be a new interpretation of the forum rules. I have personally mentioned this specific exploit in other threads without issue. I hope neither of these users have had their forum or gaming privileges suspended for contravening an often overlooked rule.

1 Like