Ludia Forums

Gyrosphere - VIP only Item - Rent for F2P - Money for Ludia

With winter coming and a taste of it as I had snow on Halloween, it got me thinking that Ludia should add a Gyrosphere to the game to be able to go hunting and darting from home during rainy weather, cold, snow and for those who live in dangerous to walk areas. The Gyrosphere would travel and 10 Kph and travel a certain distance on a charge.

Ludia can make this a VIP only GOTTA HAVE item but can also rent to free players at what ever costs per Kilometer. You would be able to get it out, use it for a while and put it back and then take it out and use it till the distance runs out. This way a player can drive to strike towers, sit in one spot and do them from the comfort of the gyrosphere

As and example, for VIP, the Gyrosphere would be a rechargeable item that will be able to be used for 5 Km each day. Ludia can sell batteries at some cost to extend the charge, 1 Km at a time. A free player could use the gyrosphere but would have to pay for the use. I would guarantee that after trying out the gyrosphere, the free player will want to sign up for VIP to get the free mileage every day.

Bringing the gyrosphere out of your inventory puts it at your GPS location and you control the gyrosphere the same way you aim on darts. It travels the direction of your finger. It stops when you take your finger off the screen. It will stay at that GPS location till you put it back into your inventory. When it’s out of a charge, the charge bar will flash red and as you to purchase batteries for more distance. If your VIP and wait till the next day, you can start where you left off so if your not wanting to waste a charge driving to the next zone. You can leave it where it is or you can put it back into your inventory and bringing it back out will put it at your current GPS location.

For none VIP players, you go to the store and rent a gyroshere which will put it out at your current GPS location. You drive it around and it will stay were you leave it till you run the distance out. It will let you know when you are 200 meters from running out of charge where you can stop and extend the distance if you would like. If you run out of charge, you pop back your current GPS location. You can rent another gyrosphere but you start from your current GPS location again where VIP can start at the location they left off.

The snow reminded me the difficulty in playing during the winter and this item would be worth getting VIP for and spending extra for mileage so I can travel to other zones to hunt for creatures I can’t get to.

Please consider this Idea. I’m trying to help you guys with ideas we players would like AND make it a way to sell this game and make money.

15 Likes

Winter is already gone here and it’s hot as hell =)

2 Likes

I like it, its actually a good idea

1 Like

@Oriondestiny, I can see myself spending HC on this.

1 Like

Certainly more useful than boosts now.

2 Likes

I like the idea. This would benefit a great number of players that are unable to go out and actively hunt due to a number of reasons. All for this.

1 Like

Sounds good. Even though I go outside even during somewhat cold winter days, if a blizzard heads this way and there’s a good event going on, would be a bummer to not have a gyrosphere. I’d pay HC for it in that situation.

1 Like

I started with free 3 Km but realized that is only 2 miles which isn’t much as one who’s been riding my bike around all summer. 5 Km is 3 miles which could get someone at a zone border through their own zone and down into the next zone and be able to hunt around a little before running out of mileage.

The only abuse I could think is that you can camp your gyrosphere in a good location such as a park or high density drop area and just not drive anywhere and then just keep going to your gyrosphere like a camping point to spin drops and dart things. They may decide that it should be a timed item where the time counts down when driving or at your gyrosphere location. You could still camp for drops and dart things but you would have to buy recharging batteries if you stay for any period of time.

Either timed or mileage, it would be a gotta have item that I would pay for VIP to have and even spend extra cash to use longer.

1 Like

This idea has been bantered about for as long as I’ve been here and is generally agreed upon as a form of spoofing, I can’t get behind it. I understand, Florida (where I am) is among the most active places on earth for Lightning and it rains often but the bottom line for me is it will obscure the tracks of spoofers and the game is in theory about going to get it. I know people want something like this but I at least, for what it’s worth, can’t square it

1 Like

Last night at Halloween. Made it pretty outside, but the older i get the colder I get.

4 Likes

You must be close to where I live then.

10 Likes

Northern Michigan

1 Like

Chicago area in Illinois but same weather system.

1 Like

Brazil… It’s HELL down here in the end and beginning of the year

1 Like

Right, spoofing is bad, @Creative_Screen_name!
VIP is good.
“Extra super-duper VIP,” I suppose that is what this would be considered as.

The 3km distance is too much.
Another 25 meters as an enlarged circle for “Gyrosphere Mode” could be a modification? @Oriondestiny?

2 Likes

That is actually reasonable. A timed range extension would add so.e reach without breaking things too much

1 Like

The gyrosphere could just have the little circle when your driving, not the big 150 or 200 meter one. So you have to be in little circle range to dart dinos or grab drops. This would make parking or camping not AS great as you wouldn’t be able to sit in one spot and spin drops and dart creatures at a distance and not use up mileage like when in your real location. They could even make the circle smaller to 25 meter diameter from 50 that we have.

3 Km is about 2 miles which i think would be better at 5 Km in order to get to a zone and be able to do some hunting in that zone. BUT if VIP people can start back where they left off with being able to drive 2 miles for free each day would be enough to get to hunt in the zone they left off, grab event drops, towers and complete rare DNA daily missions. They we could pay for more mileage if we want.

I walk 2 miles (3Km) at lunch all spring, summer and fall. It’s not that far. I spin drops and grab good dino’s on both my accounts. When your darting and spinning, the 2 miles is just about an hour of play. So maybe 3 Km or 2 miles would be enough free drive each day.

1 Like

Why not make it available for everyone. Not just the VIPers. It would only seem fair to have it available for everyone.

2 Likes

I would love this as it is gonna be very cold and rainy for atleast another 3 months

1 Like

It would be available to everyone. F2P would have to spend cash to rent it while VIP get it as a perk with daily distance or free time to use.

The problem is there isn’t any real draw to get VIP if your an active outgoing person like me.

1 Like