In this minor update (1.6.10), several known issues from the previous update are now resolved. Please UPDATE your game to apply the latest changes. In addition to the Friendship Day gift, you’ll also be receiving a second gift. We want to thank everyone for being extremely patient with us while we worked on fixing the known issues as quickly as possible. Be sure to check your Terror-Mail!
Kevin, our beloved Lead Game Designer, also took some time to address several concerns from the Community. See “Developer’s Note” below.
- Fixed the visual glitch not displaying the Dragon’s health bar
- Fixed the visual glitch not displaying the proper wave number in battle
- Fixed the Alpha log titles and texts not displaying the correct information
- Fixed the incorrect “ends in” counter in the store pop-up
- Astrid’s Duties will be fixed later today on the server-side
Note: If you would like to report a new issue that hasn’t been addressed on this list, please report it in our Bug Reports forum.
Kevin - Lead Game Designer
Thanks to everyone who’s sent their feedback about the latest update. The level of passion and constructive criticism is a reminder of how many players truly care about making this game great. I promise you that we read your comments, play the game ourselves, and test the game constantly. Obviously, we need to get better at squashing bugs (and not create new ones ), and the team is working hard to improve our update process.
Part of that process is being more proactive about hotfixes and small updates. Hopefully, you’ve noticed that over the past few days, and we want to do more of that in the future when necessary.
We also want to improve our communication with the community. I know some of you are upset about the Duty balancing, so I wanted to shed more light on the design intentions:
- Our goal is to allow players to open a certain amount of Hard Duty Chests every day. Some players were able to open more, which indicated that some of the Duties were too easy.
- We initially took out Exploration Energy since we give some with every completed Duty. We immediately got the feedback that you still want Energy in the Duty Chests, so we fixed that last Friday.
- We also added more Runes to the Duty Chests. This helps compensate for the removal of Runes in the Alpha Chest. We wanted to create a stronger identity for each of the Chests, where Duty Chests are a great source for Runes (especially for Flight Club members), and Alpha Chests provide more Dragons—including Maeve’s Buffalord, which is a new 5-Star Trust Dragon that’s exclusively for those who engage in Alpha Battles.
- The Pet, Train, and Hatch Duties from Fishlegs have always been some of the easiest—and we want some Duties to be easy. Since they’re easy, however, we have to make sure they don’t appear too often. We pushed the appearance chance too low, however, yesterday we increased the chances a bit more, and so far the results appear more balanced.
- The “Level Up X Dragons” Duty has always been problematic. The original intention was to count the total number of levels gained—instead, right now it counts the number of times you triggered the Level Up sequence. We’re aiming to change that soon, which should address the current difficulty.
- Several of Astrid’s Duties broke, and unfortunately we didn’t catch that in time. That greatly contributed to the slow pace of Duty Chests with the new update. The broken Duties are now disabled and should be fixed shortly.
- We added Snotlout’s Clan Duties, which slightly affects the speed in which you can open a Chest.
I know this was especially frustrating to Flight Club members who recently re-subscribed. After the fixes to Astrid’s broken Duties, the re-balance of the appearance of Fishlegs’ easy Duties, and the addition of Snoutlout’s Clan Duties, we need a bit of time to analyze the results. If motivated players are struggling to open Hard Duty Chests after these most recent adjustments, we’ll take additional measures to provide a better experience.
Thanks again to everyone who took the time to provide feedback. We know it comes from a shared goal of making the best game possible.