Ludia Forums

How do you get help from support?

I have posted within these forums, I have contacted the in game support, and I’ve emailed the support team here. Absolutely no response. This is absurd. What does someone need to do to get some help? I’m tired of the responses on here suggesting I do this or that. I want answers to my questions and solutions provided to the problems I’m experiencing.

Hey Humtrutricky, could you send me a private message of your support key and the email address you used to contact our team? I would be happy to take a look at this for you.

Ned,i got the same problem,can you help me??
I send them a message 5 days ago and i still have no answer,i start to doubt if they are on holliday or if the email is wrong

Hey shining, did you use this email address, support+forums@ludia.com?

exactly: it was :"support+forums@ludia.com"
I send them 3 message and i still no have answer,so i don’t know if the support team is still here , if there is a bug with their email or if they have too much work atm

Please send me a message of your support key and the email address you used to contact our team. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hello, my ranking misfunnctionned in last tournament. I asked help in the ingame support, but no answer. How Can I get help ?

Support of Ludia : myth or reality ?

I’m sorry you’re still waiting for a response from our team, Demicaramel. Once our team gets a chance to see your message, they’ll try and get back to you as soon as they can.

In the meantime, please make sure not to update your current message before our team responds as it could reset your position in their queue.

Thanks!