Ludia Forums

How do you stay motivated?

I love this game, but lately im just not feelin it. Facing stuff like this on an otherwise level 20 team:

Is just getting tiring. I can level mine up too - but thats the point - ive already put in dozens of hours to get mine to almost 26 from 16. I spend far more time hunting than battling, and im getting burnt out.

How do you fend off burnout? Debating dropping to 4k for easy chests till end of tourney.

6 Likes

I would like to know the answer to that as well. Even though I spent far too much on this game, I still do my daily grind. I drag myself out of bed at 6am and start driving around looking for dinos, using scent capsules when I can and then I do the same again at lunch and after work, often hunting until 2am. I did some calculation yesterday and find that most waking moment outside of work for the past month had been grinding for dna - no wonder my back ache, that’s close to 8 hours of walking and being in the car driving :rofl: From a completionist perspective finding dna is a grind, and often discouraging when countless hours of hunting + scent capsules + lottery incubators later, I am still far from my goal. I also realize saving them all is not an achievable dream because more dinos will come so I either shift my goal to something else in this game or find something else that’s fun with the game (but unfortunately battling isn’t my thing :joy:)

For now my conclusion is I need to find a new hobby and quit mobile AR games. :laughing:

5 Likes

Two words… Mobility scooter… Soop that bad boy up and go dino collecting the way the good Lord intended… Way more fun than grinding…

6 Likes

Love it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m not bothered by the Arena’s. I’m playing to complete the regular dinosaurs, Indominus and Indoraptor.

2 Likes

I’m a completionist, so that motivates me to collect. I also love battling, it gets really fun in the Top 250. Tons of high-level creatures belonging to high-level players, most of whom are excellent in battle strategy.
I just love this game lol. Motivation enough for me.

4 Likes

My motivation is my love for dinosaurs. I’d care less about battling and only really battle to fill up my incubator slots.

5 Likes

I’m an obsessive kook, so I’m out at all hours in all weather on my bike trying to find *just that one more … * haha! Yeah, can’t imagine walking anymore now that I’ve started pedalling.

That scooter idea though. :thinking:

1 Like

Me I just wanna go out to rest my ears a bit
The missus is always like nag nag nag, do this or do that, go bathe the mutts, go clean your study…oh, is that the dryer/washer/etc…

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
just lol

1 Like

I love it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have possibly found my niche in it. I no longer care about beefing my team up to levels that will allow me to compete in the tournament. Why I came to this point is simple. There are “currently” 123 available dinosaurs in the game. If I push 8-12 of them up to say level 25-30, then at least 111 of them are never to be used again. Moreover, they will keep releasing more hybrids and more dino. Just like the birds that nobody wants. Why is that? Because they can’t possibly catch them up to their team level. Or at least not easily. I think I might just camp out at the levels I’m at and continue enjoying the game, even if that means dopping from tournaments and possibly tanking to lower arenas. At least it will still be fun. I can still semi grind from time to time and new dino that I want can be brought up to a usable level with my current roster and be… wait for it…

Ultilized!! Amazing concept!

Plus staying where I am will make any unique I create useable at level 21. If I push much higher, not so much.

2 Likes

I posted. It was hidden. It’ll return eventually!

1 Like

I’ve lost my motivation for sure. Might be due to all manner of things going on in real life, or maybe I’ve just hit my “bored of this game” wall much later than usual. Either way, today is the first time since May that I haven’t opened the game once. It just feels like work instead of fun, and that’s not what a mobile game should be, at least for me. Might roll back to it sometime. Who knows?

4 Likes

I was thinking that as well except they put arena exclusive dna in upper arenas which kind of force is to have to compete upwards if we want to save all the dinos

1 Like

My motivation for continuing to battle is the knowledge that eventually, the whales at the top of the leaderboards are going to have to deal with F2P players that have quite literally thousands of hours more experience and guile at battling to contend with peerical teams.

My motivation for the game in general is the faint hope that Ludia will realize they have players that can’t afford to sink 10%+ of their monthly incomes into the game, and start acting appropriately.

2 Likes

True, but I don’t think for now that arena 8 would be too hard to stay in. 9… not even trying myself lol

Galli is the only exclusive I try for and honestly, it seems to flow in greater quantities from strikes. Got over 4000 today from the epic strike.

1 Like

Even though people were complaining about the flying creatures events, I actually hope Ludia continues to give us more opportunities to obtain these exclusive dna in the future. And it’s still a mystery what is the exclusive dna for Arena 10 :joy:

1 Like

Besides Galli, the only exclusive I really want is way down in arena 1 bwahahahaha. But yeah the flyers could be cool if high enough. I have that legendary up to 19 but I didn’t like it when I used it myself. Booted it back to the bench after a couple of fights.

1 Like

I’m just waiting till the end of the tournament.
That’s my goal.
Once it is over I plan on dropping to 4000 and relaxing a bit.
I don’t hate battling, but doing it competitively severely interferes with hunting time.
OI really hope they make a concede button to speed it up.