How Far Does The Term Dinosaur Go?

Ever since then introduction of the Cenozoic era in Jurassic World we’ve only gotten one actual dinosaur since and people have been wanting this number to increase but what really classifies as a dinosaurid in the terms of Jurassic Worlds universe as birds are classified as dinosaurids so in theory next dino could be a common modern day bird but would us as the community welcome it to the game?

6 Likes

Maybe later date when we already have alots of all kinds of prehistoric animals. It would be cool to have cassowary or african marabu and all other kinds of birbs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw a Marabou stork once at the zoo, and it was the scariest looking bird I’ve ever seen. :fearful:

5 Likes

This author also thinks they’re scary. So scary, they even wrote a book about it.

7 Likes

Is the book really about Marabou stork? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

then there is this majestic beast. A shoebill Stork.

10 Likes

:star_struck:. Very majestic indeed.

4 Likes

Most of the time i use the word “dino” to relate to any creature in JWA.

3 Likes

Yup. The description of the book say, “Roy Strang is engaged in a strange quest in a surrealist South Africa. His mission is to eradicate an evil predator-scavenger bird, the marabou stork, before it drives away the peace-loving flamingo from the picturesque Lake Torto.”

I’m not a bookworm myself, but it does sound interesting. It has a rating of 4.5/5.0 with 52 total reviews, so it has to be somewhat good.

2 Likes

I think there’s actually a giant prehistoric marabou stork

I want a dodo.

2 Likes

6 Likes

This is what happens when people laugh at the dodo too much.

1 Like

They look like living pterodactyls :smile:

1 Like

Sounds very intriguing

the game is using name “jurassic world” because of universal franchise.

but although the (movie) name tend to lead to dinosaurs, if we stick to the series name, we couldn’t even have cretaceous creatures for example, only jurassic.

dinosaur seemed to be a good starting point, but then they (ludia) are maybe going to any extinct animal.

don’t know if there’s any contract restriction, but maybe they can go far away from dinosaurs.

3 Likes

We need more actual dinosaurs but at the same time I am happy with any prehistoric creature. I’m hoping over time we get the same expansive list that Jurassic World the Game has available to it.

4 Likes

bring in more hybrids from that. Like the Alangasurus?

3 Likes

Personally I’d rather the actual prehistorics but yes, the hybrids too.

I haven’t a clue what era this would be from. It looks to be some kind of spiked back deer.

1 Like