Ludia Forums

How Gemini can beat Indorap g2 and g1?

I need some feedback. How Gemini can beat Indorap g2 and g1? I keep seeing that now Gemini is only proper counter to Indo g2 (after maxima move nerf) and I keep wondering how Gemni can for sure beat Indo g2?

So nobody actually can guide me?

By slowing it then nullifying the Evasive move?

2 Likes

Actually, it can’t if it Dodge.

1 Like

I actually was curious how the sim got 95% win rate for that myself. Perhaps @MattEllis or someone could shine a light on this one? Would make for a good OrigamiRobot article IMO @Piere87

1 Like

I’m actually working on an article like that right now. With sim results showing the matchups of Indo2 vs. Gemini and Ardonto since those both have the highest win rates against it.

4 Likes

I think the only possible way for Gemini to defeat Indo G¹ is, if it uses Evasive Stance first and Gemini using Nullifying Strike. Then if Indo uses DSR and Gemini goes for Decelerating Rampage, Gemini will win with 3200 hp remaining (without Crit).

In Indo G² scenario, it’s bit problem because of two Evasions.

2 Likes

IG2 (20% critical) versus Geminititan. (5% critical)
Let’s use level 26 base stats to start. Gem 6000 hp 1400 damage immunity: To win must do 2.79 x Base
IG2 3900 HP 1400 damage immune to distractions and stuns. To win must do 4.28 x Base
Thanks for the correction I thought it was 1500.

Turn 1 IG2 has priority
First move by Indoraptor Gen 2 will most likely be Cautious Strike. 1 x Base.
Geminititan will use Decelerating Rampage. There is a 25% chance this will do full damage (x2 Base damage) and a 75% chance it will do only 33% damage (x 0.67 base)
Turn 2
Geminititan has priority
and will use Nullifying Strike. This will do Base damage. Total done (1.67 Base)
Indoraptor Gen 2 will most likely do Defense shattering Rampage. 2 x base (Total dam 3 x Base)
Turn 3
Gem still has priority and IG2 is not cloaked.
Gem Does Decelerating Rampage again (2x base) Total damage done. (3.67 Base).
Gem wins.

OK.
so what happens if Ig does cautious strikes over and over?
Turn 1
Ig 2. Cautious strike ( 1 x base)
Geminititan will use Decelerating Rampage. There is a 25% chance this will do full damage (x2 Base damage) and a 75% chance it will do only 33% damage (x 0.67 base)
Turn 2
Geminititan has priority
Gem uses Nullifying Strike. This will do Base damage. 1.67 Base.
Ig 2. Cautious strike ( 1 x base) Regains priority
Turn 3
Ig 2 can do a 2x Damage attack if both Cautious Strikes were critical damage and win.
Otherwise
Ig 2 Cautious Strike 1 X base
Geminititan will use Decelerating Rampage. There is a 25% chance this will do full damage (x2 Base damage) and a 75% chance it will do only 33% damage (x 0.67 base) Total Base (2.33)
Turn 4
Geminititan has priority
Gem use Nullifying Strike. This will do Base damage. 3.33 Base. Gem wins.

So how about if Geminititan does 1xNullifying strike first.

Turn 1
IG 2 Cautious Strike. 1x Base
Gem Nullify 1xBase.
Turn 2
Ig 2 Cautious strike 1 x base
Geminititan will use Decelerating Rampage. There is a 25% chance this will do full damage (x2 Base damage) and a 75% chance it will do only 33% damage (x 0.67 base)
Turn 3
Geminititan has priority
Gem uses Nullifying Strike. This will do Base damage. 2.67 Base.
In boost world, that is a win for Geminititan. Where IG2 has to use boosts on speed while Gem does uses damage and health.
Non boost world IG survives
IG2 does CS to regain priority. 1xbase
Turn 4
IG 2 does 2x damage and wins.

Somebody mentioned mutual fury.

Turn 1
IG CS 1X Base
Gem Decel (0.67 Base)
Turn 2
Gem with priority Nullify. (1.67 Base)
IG Mutual Fury. no damage regains priority
Turn 3
IG 2 Def Shattering Rampage (3x Base)
Gem Decel (2Xbase)
Gem wins.

The only way IG2 wins. Is two critical attacks (4% chance) or a critical attack after a mutual Fury using the x2 attack. (20% chance)
So if IG 2 is facing Gem in a non boosted situation where gem does decel nullify decel nullify, the odds can be increased from 4% to 20% using mutual fury and hoping for a critical. This ignores the fact that Gem has a 25% chance to have a fully successful x2 decelerating Rampage that hits for x2 base.

Just a small correction for you. Indo G2 ATK is now 1400 at level 26. not 1500.

2 Likes

Hey @Somedinoguy! As @Piere87 mentioned she’s working on a very cool article as we speak. The move tree for Indo G2 vs Gemini is HUGE (I.e. over 100MB of text logs for ONE battle) so we’re trying to distill it down first. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Imagine that. See you all found a counter to Indo Gen 2 all by yourselves. Awesome job!!

Indo2 can use mutual fury as its second attack to regain speed advantage and hit hard on its next attack.

You also gave gemini 4 attacks to indo2’s 3. On the turn it does its second cautious strike, it will be able to move first the next turn and hit a DSR to win.

You’re other 2 examples are right, but figured id interject on the first one. It’s still a frustrating matchup as crits/dodges are going to decide who wins.

Very cool! I’m sure the combo of non-attacks plus low damage (dodges) makes for some very long encounters!

Did I?
I will look it over and fix if I did. thank you