Ludia Forums

How is Rat?

It’s been a long time since ive played the arena since my departure from playing this game seriously and competitively, and im overall curious as to how the swap in change to Dracoceratops has affected it? Has it been more common, less common, or more or less the same as its been last patch?

I’m seeing it a little less, but it’s still there. It’s much more manageable now, although it’s still a danger if it uses Rampage since it has higher attack now.

2 Likes

Expecting it to get nerfed even more thanks to the survey

Honestly, the change has been a plus but not substantially so. I still see DC virtually every game and it the person plans accordingly it’s not as much an issue as before. I do think boosts have not had time to change DCs effect in the arena though and eventually you will see the high health DCs become a nuisance

1 Like

It’s still there, but it’s almost useless, today I even made fun of a player trying to kill me with her while I traded between Scaphotator and Paramoloch, I think the nerf was too hard …

Funny, I almost never see it in Library anymore. When I do it is actually a bit of a surprise. Most people seem to be using it better, in a clean-up role.

I like the nerf, even though mine was at 26 and I could have easily taken it to 28. Happily benched the little devil.

2 Likes

I stopped countering for it which works out great for the most part, but a hefty health rat can still catch you off guard occasionally.
I don’t think it’s powerful enough to put back on my team, but there are worst options out there. Not many seem to run it as much as they used to.

3 Likes

It actually requires a bit of strategic planning to use to it’s full potential now, while remaining powerful.

2 Likes

Rat is more strategic in how you use her now. High health boosts can be a pain, but they cant continuously swap for free full health kills anymore. The recent attack buff also makes it a bit of a danger if it stays on the field.

1 Like

I was in Gyrosphere at 5532 earlier today. My first two battles had rat enter midway, so between that and not having the proper counters I lost both and ended up back in Library where I belong. I also get ratted regularly on my second account that’s in Aviary. The Utasinoraptor on that account handles the rat properly though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m in upper gyrosphere and I honestly still see it almost every game.

2 Likes

i have see maybe 5 or 6 in 100 battle at 5700 trophies

It is utterly surprising that I would live to see a time when the Rat was used in the same sentence as strategy lol

But I’m all for any dinosaur being used strategically, even rat.

4 Likes

The trick is WHEN to play it.
Those that start off with the swap have only won once. (Drew ZERO counters)
Once the hand is played it’s pretty much toast if too early, but played middle you can get a kill and possibly another swap.
You would think saving it for last would be best, but when it’s 2-2 most know to bring out their tryko and little dudes toast.

3 Likes

I still don’t like the rat, but at least now I don’t dread it.

Had a player tonight that used it to kill 2 of my dinosaurs tonight with the cleanse and swap out. But, I still managed to win the battle.

3 Likes

I lost to it today. It has become a lot more uncommon but some people who dumped a bunch of boosts into it still use it. However it’s now a fair dino even when it has a boatload of HP and outputs a lot of damage with Rampage. Requires more skill to use.

2 Likes