Ludia Forums

How much RAM is required to play the game smoothly

Sorry, 6 GB

1 Like

@Jorge can you get someone to help and support please? i’d like to get some new phones so i can play this game but i’m not trying to spend money i don’t have on some that aren’t going to work.

I need to know how much RAM is required to play the game because the compatibility list of phones is inaccurate. thanks.

LG G6 w/ 4GB RAM and at times it can start to stutter. Usually when I’m darting an Epic… :wink:

I’d say no less than 4GB at minimum.

1 Like

so i guess unlike John Hammond’s park, Ludia’s park is made for the super rich lol meaning if you are poor like me and can’t afford a new top of the line phone every year you can’t play the game. Can we have a “coupon day” lol

Not having enough space left on the phone absolutely 100% affects phone performance and even specifically the performance of JWA. It might now be the specific cause in their case, or the only cause, but I know without a doubt it DOES matter. I take a lot of video and when my internal storage is getting close to full the phone performance tanks and the game becomes unbearable to play because of lag. I offload the videos to my computer and voila, everything is good again.

I play on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3 GB RAM) and the performance has gotten progressively worse as more and more updates have come out. I too have extremely long load times when going into and out of the drone and even spinning the supply drops. It’s really annoying and makes hunting take forever. A person with a phone without these issues could do twice the amount that I can in the same time.

That said, make sure that all forms of battery management are OFF for JW Alive, in the operating system of your phone and in the game itself. It makes it lag way too much and the GPS doesn’t work well.

1 Like

Bump so support may not overlook this thread.

Hey @Phil, our team is working on optimizing the gameplay for iOS devices with 1GB of RAM or less. More info on other know issues from Jorge’s post here: [Reported Issues] Jurassic World Alive | July 04, 2019

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Is this all devices with 1gb ram or less or just iOS? My girlfriend has a older Samsung that’s about as bad as my iPhone.

News is for iOS. However, if you could ask your girlfriend to email our team with her device information here at support+forums@ludia.com, they would be happy to take a closer look as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will let her know. Her has always been slower than mine but now after this latest update it’s about as bad as mine.

1 Like

John Hammonds park was exclusive for the rich… The Uber rich.

Hammond was not nice. Got killed by compys after the kids roared using loud speaker

I was referring to when they were at dinner chilli and seabass. Not the book. Too bad the movie wasn’t more like the book though. It’s a lot better.

Chilean sea bass

https://www.google.com/search?q=chilean+sea+bass&source=lmns&bih=544&biw=360&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&prmd=ivn&hl=en-US&ved=2ahUKEwj67d3T8pvjAhXFOd8KHT3MDGgQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw

Yeah haha that’s right. Thanks. Without subtitles I would never have understood that. I stand corrected lol

My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has 3 GB of RAM and the performance has gotten worse and worse as more updates have come out. Please don’t let them forget about us, as there are many others like myself with 3 GB RAM in this thread that are having extremely slow game performance.

All battery management is off and I’ve tried clearing the game cache. The supply drop spins hang and take a long time and going into and out of drone mode takes forever.

Also at a certain point about 4 updates ago, the drone will freeze on the screen when I’m trying to dart a creature for unknown reasons. Then after hanging for most of the time it will unfreeze but I can’t get to the creature again before time runs out.

2 Likes

Game just stop responding. Never was a problem before 1.8.

1 Like

Hey Iconoclast, could you send your support key over to our team here at support+forums@ludia.com so our team can investigate further? Please make sure to include your device information in the email as well. Thanks!

Hey ELENDIL, could you try some of the troubleshooting steps here and see if they help:

1 Like

My Samsung has 2G memory and runs fine. Takes slightly longer on map loading but nothing too bad.

1 Like