How on earth is this possible?!

I seem to remember reading that the matchmaking based purely on trophies was not getting matches for the top players.
Well neither is this system according to recent posts from them.
So give us back a fair matchmaking Ludia!

8 Likes

I wonder how many players in this game had the same pairing problem and now they eliminated it to install puchamon? I guess Ludia doesn’t know it too.

1 Like

Oh shoot I forgot about that. Hmmm

1 Like

Well yeah them not getting matches can be troublesome for them. But it shouldn’t mean we have to pay for it and face them lol. Being fodders.

I wouldn’t get as annoyed if we didn’t lose 30 trophies even if the team is far superior. They can get an occasional match on a fodder but only get 1-5 trophies from fodders. Like the player in the op shouldn’t be losing 30 trophies. To that team, the loading screen says trophies rewarded are based on blah blah. Obviously it isn’t, I lose 30 trophies against monster teams too, so I know. Lol

2 Likes

I only mention my team level so you’ll know that i actually have experience with what I’m talking about. If i had a team of 25s and was trying to give advice on leveling up, you’d have every right to say that i don’t know what I’m talking about. I fight some of the strongest players in the game. They don’t feed me low level scrubs so i can get easy trophies. I’ll be uploading my Nublar Shores video tonight after work and people can see how hard i have to work for wins. I also fight that cheater alliance that has many many t7 speed dinos on each team.

1 Like

I definitely believe matchmaking based on trophies should be brought back. They cite arena droppers as the reason for the new matchmaking system, but this system doesn’t actually prevent arena dropping at all, as it’s still incredibly easy to drop using low level dinosaurs and then climb back up with your usual team. What this has succeeded in doing is creating unfair fights like this, I also don’t have a single unique, yet I get pitted against them constantly (Low sorna)

Back when matchmaking was trophy dependent, almost all of my fights were completely fair aside from the occasional arena dropper, and that wasn’t frustrating really as the fight was quickly over and I could resume my fair battles with hardly any damage done to me or my enjoyment at all. As it stands, I often have to get beaten in by strings of high level uniques before I can get a match that’s even remotely fair.

If Ludia is concerned about arena droppers in their tournaments, as it was something akin to that which led to current matchmaking, then they should either go out of their way to make tournaments that can’t be thrown by arena dropping, or they should make it clear that arena dropping during events will result in punishment of some sort. Since funnily enough, ever since they went out of their way to ‘fix’ the arena dropping issue, they haven’t run a single event wherein arena dropping would even be a serious concern.

Alternatively I think it would be interesting to change the matchmaking algorithm so that you never encounter other players using dinosaurs of a higher rarity, I.E: If you don’t have any uniques, you will never be matched to another player who does have uniques. If you have no legendaries, you will never be matched with another player who does have them. No epics? You’ll never get matched against epics, so on and so forth. I admit this could cause issue with high level players simply over-leveling commons in order to game the system by fighting new players, but I like to think at this point that people are attached enough to their rares, epics, legends and uniques that it wouldn’t be a serious issue.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Yeah trophy system kept players where they actually should be. And we faced players in that range. If you improved your team you were almost guaranteed to move up a few until you hit a wall. Which would motivate to improve more.

Now you don’t even go up in trophies for making your team better. You face stronger teams(not in your range) and drop down lower. Lol, makes a lot of sense. I’m hoping they come up with something that doesn’t punish progress like this.

5 Likes

Often i wait about 10 minutes for a match, other times you get 3 times in a row the same opponant.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is that sinister.

I expect that there has been a “reboot the application” routine in the program since the game launched which had been normally used when updating the app, and that they changed the code recently to jump to that reboot routine if the communication to the server fails, as an attempt to reset that connection. They just didn’t realize they needed to change the text of the message. (or they noticed it and were too pressed for time or too lazy).

But, I think we all need to cut the actual programmers a little slack. The programmers do not choose what to add and remove in each patch. That direction comes form their manager(s). They don’t set the schedules. They do what they can with the time they are allotted. Now, they may goof up like they have with the matchmaking fiasco, but you can’t hold them responsible for the lack of beta testing. That comes from management.

1 Like

Tha hell… there goes any theory about how this matchmaking works…

Ludia, you are a disgrace…

4 Likes

I swear there is some form of balancing algorithm. Last few days i have had a pretty good run with the battles, advanced about 300 trophies. Log in this morning and 12 losses with 0 wins :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’ve come to the conclusion that the only thing to do is stop caring about trophy count :rofl::rofl:.

4 Likes

This is my hard earned team so far. 5100-5200 trophy range (was up to 5336 at one point), tier 6/7 boosted. I was/am willing to pay for the boosts when they were/are available, but the dna is from hunting and arena incubators (and the occasional donations from my alliance). And this is after a full year of playing. Getting to the higher ranks can be done with time and dedication, not just money and/or cheating.

And yes, I do get matched with teams much stronger than my own, but I can win against them with some strategy.

2 Likes

The text of this message is just wrong, don’t get overexcited about Ludia pushing updates more than once every month or two, it’s not gonna happen :slight_smile: It pops up when you move from 4g to wifi or when you have some other form of connection mishap. It has nothing to do with the game being updated, what-so-ever.
It should say something like: “One byte was displaced in the ether and now your whole game needs to restart because we don’t know how to fix this bug”.

2 Likes

And why would you? :slight_smile: It’s just a number, you’ll never reach the top anyway.

This seems to be the general idea about players with uniques. Unfair, paying, cheating, etc.
I have a similar leveled team (avg 25) and also started since day one. Never spent a penny and managed to get as high as 5352 trophies.
In general most complaints seem to be coming from lower arenas like between 2000-4500, where you get matched up against ridiculous opponents.
When I face a lvl30 opponent I’m not worried nor surprised. It can be killed, usually. There is the occasional 3-0 loss (sometimes 3-0 win!) but I never have the feeling that odds are against me non-stop. I dropped 500 trophies, but I also climb again. It happens, and it doesn’t matter. Got my 2500 Pyro locked and ready to collect :slight_smile:
I can imagine it’s frustrating to keep bumping into unbeatable opponents, but statistically this cannot happen every single time. Match making is definitely a big big issue at the moment. I blame boosts. Remoov zem!

3 Likes

This has been my life in Lockdown the past two days. Lost around 400 trophies yesterday alone, now I’m stuck around 2500-2540 (And the rest of my team consists of 16/17s, 6 epics, 1 rare and 1 common, only 3 minimally boosted dinos)

3 Likes

Nobody said this person was cheating… I clearly stated it to be a programming / matchmaking issue…

1 Like

I play teams your exact level but with no boosts at all. I’m hanging pretty strong in the 2300-2400 range. I have some loosing streaks with those higher over boosted creatures and then get some fair matches and win a few back playing some minimally boosted teams. This sort of thing is frustrating though.