Ludia Forums

How Real is the RNG?

I know I’ll get berated for this, but I have a background in biostats and am not an idiot, so hear me out.

We all post all the time about the “RNG” and how it is the scourge or our life. “Stop the stunning”, “Sick of 10’s”, Buff this and that because of it being OP (everyone argues it’s the RNG).

I would hesitate to make the RNG a pure one. There are clearly bias in the RNG. One, for instance, is the unarguable ability for Trex to get stunned. He by far is the most easy dino to stun in the game hands down. I’ve also noticed lower level dinos tend to have better fusions than higher ones (I also concede that we do more fusions, so it might feel better, but maybe percentage wise it isn’t.). Even something like matchmaking is supposed to be random, but they clearly came out and said there are underlying restrictions and parameters to that part of the RNG.

My point is maybe there are parts of the RNG we don’t understand, because it isn’t always a pure RNG. Because of that there can be “tricks” or advantages to leverage in this background code that clearly controls the parameters by which the RNG is run.

Thoughts?

The only “tricks” there are is using a dino with a higher crit chance or using a move with a higher stun chance.

You never know. But I support your idea, don’t presumably think Ludia does RNG right.
Even though they may not tweak RNG intentionally, there may be bugs. Their software quality, as every player know, is not top notch.

That short period of time before you see your 4 dinos in a fight? That’s the RNG calculator arranging things, making sure you lose that match.

I’ve said before I think the psuedoRNG creates high and low experience to encourage players to spend more.

Id love to see that code. :thinking:

Yeah it would be great to see all the numbers on some things. I see it mostly with fusion (although did Ludia say we should average 20 or is that just what we the players have found?)

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

My fuse average had been more along 17 :sob:

I would agree on the t-rex and stuns most of the time my stygi goes nuts and hits two stuns in a row is against a t-rex. Like it really doesnt happen all that often but when it does happen it seems to be against a rex more often then not.

Part of my OP was also about finding these hidden nuances and using them in battle. I don’t see many rexes, but when I do I switch in for anything with stun and it almost always does stun.

Here is the issue with programming something that supposed to be random, as an ex-C and C++ coder I can tell you that you cannot code something that is TRUE random, the closest you can get is a pseudoRandom…because the RNG has to be based on an algorithm, which given the right circumstances, can be caused to repeat and give the exact same result.

See you know how its soooo common to get 3 and even 4 10 DNA fuses in a row? well statistically the odds of that happening in a TRUE RNG are CRAZY low, yet it happens to us all the time. So I have no doubt in my mind that there is something in the code that causes 10 and 20 to roll more often then the other numbers, also I’ve never heard of rolling a 100 more than once in a row, there is probably something in the code that says "If last DNA = 100, remove 100 from the possible number pool (or something along those lines).
This is probably to stop ppl from getting like 100 then another 100, and a 90 or something.

Ofcourse a measure like this in the game prevents people from powering up a dinosaur too fast and “finishing” the game and having nothing to do, which is why I have NEVER and will NEVER cheat! (For the record they aren’t hackers coz they probably can’t code a hello world console app to save their lives, they just download someone else code and run it lol).

One way I suppose to make a true RNG would be to have part of it based on like a rolling dice irl, and the result then effects the rest of the code. Thats why the lottery still uses physical balls in that tumbler thing, coz its TRUE random, where as code would just be an algorithm which could duplicate given the right set of events!