Ludia Forums

How sad

It’s a post just before 1.7 boostpocalypse, the last day of JWA’s glory. It is a pity that I didn’t take this post seriously. This guy was so right… Now I would give so much that I could only play JWA before 1.7 again…

19 Likes

Wow we should have listened man… we should have listened

3 Likes

I thought boosts won’t be that broken. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I was very wrong

2 Likes

We were all very wrong to underestimate them

3 Likes

Wish there was 1.7 beta testing :persevere:

3 Likes

I wish there was beta testing at all lol.

6 Likes

I wish I could beta test, So I know what dinos to use in action so I know how good they actually are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Without boosts Ludia wouldn’t make money and JWA wouldn’t be here for anyone to play. So boosted JWA or no JWA. Sorry but as long as we pay money to live in this world and buy things like food and running water and housing and entertainment, that’s the reality of life for everyone. Period. Don’t play JWA if you Don’t like it. But Ludia needs to make money or this game wouldn’t be here. Could they charge a little cheaper, yes that would be awesome. But a free downloaded game has to have some sort of way gaining revenue and no one will pay if there is no advantage of you do pay. Please give me a logical debate in how that’s wrong?

The Maxx was a solid OG, miss that guy.

5 Likes

Ads form a kind of revenue. In game purchases are also a form of them. We have TapJoy offers and the ads that we can play to speed up our incubators. That forms revenue. However, every in game purchase is literally overpriced. For example, stat boosts. They cost 1000 bucks to level up a tier. 1000 bucks in the shop costs 14 dollars from where I live, I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely not willing to spend 14 dollars just to increase a few in game numbers. You might argue that all in game purchases just ‘increase a few in game numbers’, but those actually might be worth money, unlike stat boosts. I boosted my fresh level 21 Spyx, and its 1175 attack only increased to 1201, what kind of joke is this? If I paid for the stat boosts, that means I spent 14 dollars to increase a creature’s attack by 26? Sure they stack up and eventually the effects will be noticeable, but how many tiers does it take for that? It takes a huge sum of money to boost a creature for the effects to be noticeable(which makes it P2W). And when one actually achieves a good team, the matchmaking will just throw all of their effects out of the window. I’m a F2P, and I’m having struggles fighting against 149 speed Thors or 157 speed Erlidoms with 2000+ damage. That shows how unbalanced stat boosts are.

2 Likes

There are many different ways to make money without destroying the game for normal players. Incubators, scents, VIP, ads, Tapjoy. They could also add some things like only paid dino skins or customizable map.

3 Likes

Here is the problem with boosts, they essentially make the game hard to progress if you are used to a certain level of boosting. It would be changing half the meta to new creatures every update then making every component pay to have.

2 Likes

Boosts wouldn’t be that bad if players knew how to use them without destroying balance. I’m talking about overboosting 1 or 2 creatures.

1 Like

They just need to transfer the same template as Jurassic World the Game, and apply it to Jurassic World Alive.

Arena
Aquatic Arena
Boost Arena

5 Likes

Thats why pubg made 19 million last month and this game made 1.2 million… cause people will only pay for an advantage.

Fun fact… according to sensor tower jwtg was the most downloaded and highest revenue earning game for February.

2 Likes

Wow. I played that for over 4 years straight. Competed in every daily battle but when they brought the S DNA into the game. It killed it for me. I still have it and check it from time to time but don’t play it anymore. Was such a great game.

1 Like

Completely unboosted arena is also a great idea. Unfortunately, Ludia won’t probably make it, because no one would play boosted one and thus no one would buy boosts

4 Likes

Actually no. The problem is unboosted arena doesnt make money. The boosted arena will still have players but less and the unboosted arena will have more players. Factoring server costs, the obvious coding issues/manpower costs and players getting matched badly (unboosted playing boosted arena by matchmaking error) Ludia will get less boosts revenue while facing increased costs and less player happiness.

1 Like

In JWTG, when you win in the standard arena, you get rewards with a random prize and number of DNA, bucks, coins, food (to feed and level up your Dino) and even the promotional packs (some worth over $50)

If you win in a boosted match, you receive the same random prizes, expect they will also add boosts to the random prize you can win.