How to fix this payment error, guys?

Hello, today i bought special pack for returning players but didn’t receive the pack. What can i do to fix this problem? Is this just connection error or whatever like that? I got Google payment receipt so i am so confused right now… please help me, anyine…

I’m sorry to hear that there was an issue with your purchase, Hana_Kim. If you haven’t already, please email our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key included in the email so our team can assist you with this right away.

Thanks!

1 Like

I did send the email about 1 hour ago but didn’t receive any of answer from you guys yet…

Hey Hana_Kim, as our team replies to tickets in the order that they come in, it might take a bit of time for our team to get to your message.

Please rest assured that our team will reply to you ASAP once they get the chance to review your ticket.

1 Like

I couldn’t get any answer about my purchase and getting pack after 6 hours later… what can i do? Can anyone help me?

Typically support responds within 4 -5 business days.

1 Like

I also have the same issue. Still no updates from them after more than a week… :frowning:

1 Like

Not very unusual behaviour from support…

1 Like

Did support answer you @Hana_Kim now?.i have same trouble.