Ludia Forums

How we could prevent the Apex rarity from destroying the arena

I know another thread has already showcased this, but the Apex rarity is gonna cause a lot of clutter in the arena with a clear divide until everyone has Apexes. To prevent this (@Ludia_Developers, take notes) I propose that we create 2 new arenas, both just as beautiful as Shores (Maybe the landing pad from JW and the lobby where the original JP “When dinos ruled the earth” poster fell”) at 6500 and 7000 respectively. Then, make the Apex rarity set so that it can only be used in the arena after 5000 trophies. This would also make Apexes less of a difficulty to deal with.

This would need changes to reset tho. I propose this.

5000-5499 —> 5000
5500-5999 —> 5500
6000-6499 —> 6000
6500-6999 —> 6500
7000+ —> 6750

Please try to shoot this down as much as possible. I want something like this so bad and we could fix a lot for the arena

What’s the problem here if you are worried about low levelers with mortem then don’t because by the time they unlock it at 15-30 dna a week they will be high level players🤣. I don’t think it’ll be a big difference mortem is not OP just a T-rex with immunities and is gonna be very hard to level up.

1 Like

The problem is that the arena will son be divided between those that have Apex and those that don’t, because some already have it while others have only 85 so it’s gonna be a big problem soon

Image Mortem rex with boost

1 Like

After 5500? How about after 5000? I want to be able to use mine, after all, and 5500 is quite a ways off for me. There’s already plenty of level 26+ creatures in that trophy range anyway.

2 Likes

Honestly the difficulty of simply winning a Mortem raid should be enough of a barrier by itself to prevent anyone from using it too early. Well, besides those Haast Eagle G2 cheese strats. I’m surprised that no one is talking about what a problem it is that anyone with a particular level 11 rare can obtain a level 26 if they use the right strategy. Is this something that should be addressed?

5 Likes

I think there should be a level and/or Rarity cap on the arenas. That would also put droppers in a funny position lol.

2 Likes

Clearly you did not see my other video, people with a level 6 rare can obtain Mortem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so yes it is clearly something that needs to be
addressed lol

1 Like

It even got buffed lol image

1 Like

There has to be a big gap between uniques and apexes, just as there is one between legendaries and uniques. Uniques’ reign is just starting to end

2 Likes

Ya 5500 is a bit much

1 Like

I always thot of them as equals. Apex might have a difference in stats but their moves will always be different because uniques have the moves of 6 different Dino’s.

I’m not against the locking these Dino’s to certain arenas and actually the 5k gap kinda make sense…

But… no to new arenas… the 5k and up playerbase is already spread toI thin. I get something new to look at would be nice. But added more arenas would require Ludia adjust match making from 400 trophies to 800 and kinda defeat the point.

1 Like

The problem is that some people won the Mortem raids every week and already unlocked it, while others did the EXACT SAME THING and are still not even halfway because they only got 10s while those first ones got 100/150 in a single raid. That’s very (how can I put this and not have my comment flagged?)… Unclever.

1 Like

I think there should be certain player levels that you have to reach before unlocking Legendary, Unique and Apex.

After the Maxima month, all the arenas were overrun with them. My grandson is level 10 and he tells me all the time that Maxima is everywhere (he started playing right after that tournament)