Ludia Forums

How will you boost your Dinos

With Boost Model 2.0 implemented there are some interesting ways to boost your Dinos

I guess the biggest challenge is how to spread your boosts for every single dino to get them to be most effective

Reading some articles on GamePress they created an idea of having certain archetypes

If you take a dino level 27

• Health archetype will have boost distribution like this: 15/6/6
  • Damage archetype will have boost distribution like this: 6/15/6
  • Speed archetype will have boost distribution like this: 6/6/15
  • Balanced archetype will have boost distribution like this: 9/9/9

Thinking further of some other possibilities we can come with an array of sub-types:

(If you take a dino level 27)

• Health-Damage archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 11/11/5
  • Health-Speed archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 11/5/11
  • Damage-Speed archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 5/11/11

NOTE: This sub-type could have some extreme values like
Health-Damage-no Speed archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 13/14/0 (for a lv27 dino)

Finally there could be a bunch of archetypes where you would have boost distribution a cascading way

(If you take a dino level 27)

• Health > Damage > Speed archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 13/9/5
  • Health > Speed > Damage archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 13/5/9
  • Damage > Health > Speed archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 9/13/5
  • Damage > Speed > Health archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 5/13/9
  • Speed > Health > Damage archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 9/5/13
  • Speed > Damage > Health archetype will have boost distribution something like this: 5/9/13

In order to find some common agreement on how should certain dinos be boosted I wanted to start this conversation to find best archetype for every single dino

Please let us know what you plan to do

2 Likes

Sounds like an official organization or something lol. I plan on boosting my Dino’s to complement their best stats, probably balanced for the most part. Although I do like your Damage Health combination for Tryko.

Tryko and Dioraja

My opinion is that those two don’t need much of speed boosts (if any)

According to this

• Tryko would fit the Health-Damage-No Speed archetype with boost distribution 13/14/0
  • Dioraja would fit the cascading Health > Damage > No Speed archetype with boost distribution 16/11/0
    (just my opinion, let me know if you agree)
2 Likes

Thanks Procerathomonomimus…it looks that we agree on Tryko (please see my post below)

1 Like

Lol I just said I’ll probably use that setup for Tryko, and you post this!

You know how they say: The Great Minds think alike lol

1 Like

Ok I’ve done it!

I know I went crazy with Magnum’s speed, but boy is it fun lol.

This is a good start…thanks for sharing

Hmmm, you will probably add some damage boosts to your Erlidom (that’s it’s greatest stat…along with speed)

You have both Indoraptors on your team (something I was also planning on doing but haven’t done yet)

By the way how did you make this display (with all boosts): is it within the game or using that Field Guide app…or you just used some app on your computer to create this screenshot

That’s a very good analysis and there are some very good archetypes suggestion. I don’t think that there is a specific way top build a dino, and that’s the big victory of the boost 2.0 in my opinion. Sure, there are ways that are probably better than others in relation to every dino’s features, but most are subjective to what your team needs and what you player want from a specific dino. And last but not least depends on what you are facing in the arena and in which direction does the meta evolve.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with you Marco_A (" I don’t think that there is a specific way top build a dino, and that’s the big victory of the boost 2.0 in my opinion")
That’s why I started this conversation to get what other players think to further work on my idea

• I already know what to do with Tryko and Dioraja (Mostly Heatlh and Damage)
  • And many of my dinos would be balanced (like Magna and Indoraptor)
    However the issue I’m having is how many speed boosts to allocate to every single dino…probably much less than I intended to since
    a) the thing with the speed is you just need one level up of speed to be faster…all others will not count
    b) and all extra health and damage will count

So I will probably investing more into health and damage (but the question is where to draw the line)

1 Like

Yeah I used @MattEllis’s JWA Field Guide app. It’s an amazing app, I really like it for team building/prep.

1 Like

I finally started boosting mine. total of 20 tiers in tryko so far, deciding on the others right now. It’s hard to decide when there isn’t a right way to boost anymore. Also when it takes so long to get enough to reset you boosts.

Before that Gamepress’ article i was thinking to put Tryo in my team again and go all in with speed boost on it (with the remaining 10 tiers spread on hp and damage) because its hp are quite good and it self-buff its damage. But the article suggests “balance” (even by a minimal margin) as the best build for it so i have to figure out what to do haha

I was originally not going to boost for a while, but this master strike tower made me give in and I boosted Erlidominus and Utahsinoraptor. I got Erlidominus to Tier 3 in Dmg and Utahsino tier 1 in Speed. Going to stockpile my boosts now.

Here is my team right now
I haven’t used all of my boosts.
This is just beginning

Qiew 20 boosts just in Tryko?..looks like you are creating one-dino-army

I dunno if Tryko needs any speed boosts (maybe it’s better for it to be slower since you have two priority moves)
Plus you would need lots of speed boosts to bring Tryko to a level with some other speedy dinos

what can i say? tryko is my favorite. she’s only 21, so not quite a monster yet.

In my book Tryko is always a monster…my favorite as well…along Erlidom and Magna