Hunting is half dead!

hunting is half dead! from the list below, i feel hunting is wasting time! almost all new dinos beat all the old dinos… so not only hunting is half dead, the game is half dead too!!!

no spawn in the wild: mammoth, allo g2, titanoboa, stygi, nasuto, bary g2, megaloceros, purussaurus, bronto, phoru, scolosaurus, miragaia, arambouriania,

very rare: entelodon, elasmo (was good, but now very few)

extremely rare: maia(after taken out from wednesday daily spawn), wooly rhino, turtle, darwin (after taken out from saturday daily spawn)

15 Likes

Darwin was popping up while I was hunting in L2. And I don’t even need it.

not in my place…

In L4 it was never alive to begin with…

3 Likes

There’s TOO MANY EVENT EXCLUSIVES! LUDIA STOOP!

10 Likes

Pardon my interjection but the ones you claim as “no spawn”, actually did spawn but it was for a limited constraint of time. Also some were tossed into incs or were part of some event.

Although I do agree that the newer dinos beat the old dinos. That is all part of dichotomy of the game. There will always be dinosaurs that will beat the predecessors.

2 Likes

I agree far too many event exclusives it beginning to make the game as extinct as the Dino themselves

1 Like

Event exclusives are fine if there is some middle ground between huntable and nearly extinct for new content.

1 year ago there was 1 similarly exclusive dino which had a hybrid but no one really complained. Why? Because we had enough to hunt and keep us busy while Ludia released Scola into the game.

2 Likes

Basically, the only thing I dart now is Quetz (I live in local 2) and Tany on Thursday, occasional T-rex… and I have no acces to Brachi, or Anky that I need, or even Argentino… plus I’m in constant need of Irritator and I’m not even talking about the other exclusives…

Ludia should wake up and stop with the exclusives finally! We have 15 global epic spwans now, which is too much anyway, so would it kill them to give us 5 more??

1 Like

It’s quite difficult to get that specific epic that you want, but it just takes time and luck.
Some people saw 10 snakes already, so it’s just a matter of getting out a lot. Epics shouldn’t be too easy to obtain (especially Bary!).
Get out, discover all 4 zones in your area, hunt, farm, be lucky.
If you can’t find specific dinos, because a certain area is not easy to reach, then you just gotta focus on something else.
I believe that the difference in areas is there also for the reason that people have different teams because of where they live. The arena is more diverse that way.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, I half-agree with the OP. Then again, I’ve all but given up on the arena, so levelling up happens when it happens for me. I’m really only working on my Dinodex. What I need is diplodocus, rhino and titanoboa. It’s awesome that titanoboa is out and about, but as it’s winter and I have two young kids, getting out to explore means the time it takes to bundle up, and most likely means hunting after dark, which is not entirely an option for me. So to be honest, I’m meeting this game with a yawn lately as FIP’ing is a grind and a half. I fear that I may be nearing the end of my run.

4 Likes

I agree, it’s almost a welcomed situation that is causing me to lose interest as I’ve been trying to wean myself off this game. PoGo became a chore to maintain my pokedex, this game is becoming too frustrating to collect the dinodex. Too many unobtainable creatures unless I get a bus pass and ride the bus all day…no time or desire to do that.

4 Likes

Baseline: Ludia expects way too much of its players (paying & playing) and gives way too little to keep them motivated.

15 Likes

That sums it up pretty accurately, yes.

2 Likes

Most of the creatures can be gotten via events and usage of the scraps Ludia throws out.

That was true until 1.13. Titanoboa is literally being withheld to feed scent sales but instead makes the whole event feel.like a scam.

Buying epic scents is not worth it but if you get the thing you want in the amounts you want within a reasonable time frame, you can accept the expenditure. Its different when you spend the time, money and energy to find it and get nothing. That is what a scam is.

3 Likes

No it’s not.

I agree. A scam it is not. Milking your player base, however…
And I’m not entirely faulting Ludia. They are, first and foremost, a business afterall. The point of any business is their bottom line. Without it, no product.
I don’t know If they’ve really made much money off of me, so I can see that my opinion is of meager value, but I still put it out there. If PTW players are feeling this fatigue as well, it wouldn’t be good for Ludia’s business model.

1 Like

Paying money to get nothing in return is a scam. The way Titanoboa is spawning, it might as well be a scam.

1 Like

Your definition of the word scam is hilarious.

It spawns. It really does. Some people got 10, and a good percentage of people have seen it.
It’s an epic spawn, they are known to be rare. It’s there, it’s hard to find. It’s a game.

It’s not a scam, you don’t have to pay anything to find something rare. If you want to buy epic scents for a chance to get the snake, it’s still a chance. Nowhere it states that you can get it guaranteed. It’s not a scam.

1 Like

I saw it once. I took a quick reprieve at work to check the map. It was just out of darting range. The fact that I have to work for a living is so unfair.

1 Like