Hybrid Fight Night 15: Diplosuchus VS Chromaspinus

Hybrid Fight Night is where two hybrids from Ludia games are pitted against each other every week. They will be analyzed on their Speed, Defense, Attack, and Intelligence. They will then fight to determine the winner for the week. Now let’s get into this weeks battle! Diplosuchus VS Chromaspinus!

SPEED/AGILITY
Diplosuchus does not have the best land locomotion compared to some other combatants we have seen on the series. Like most crocodiles, Diplosuchus is most comfortable and best adapted to a aquatic lifestyle. The powerful tail of this animal propels it through the water with ease. Diplosuchus is capable of launching itself foreword in a quick burst of speed to catch prey off guard but it can’t hold that speed for long. While sluggish on land, Diplosuchus is faster than other crocodiles due to its supposedly slightly longer legs. Chromaspinus is comfortable in a multitude of environments. Its long theropod legs give this hybrid a long stride. It may not be as fast as some of the other theropods but it is certainly faster than Diplosuchus on land. Chromaspinus is also a excellent swimmer. Its narrow build let’s it slip through the water while its tail pushes it foreword. Chromaspinus might not be as comfortable in the water as Diplosuchus, but it’s ability to traverse both land and water with no significant limitations gives it the edge in speed and agility.

DEFENSE
Diplosuchus is a large crocodilian hybrid at 27 feet in length, 4 tons in weight, and a height of only 4 feet. Diplosuchus, like most crocodiles, has a very tough and armored skin down its back. This armor also covers the sail-like hump along its back. Diplosuchus additionally has very long spikes protruding from its back to repel attackers. Diplosuchus’s armored defense lies mainly along its back, while its sides are still covered with tough skin, they are more susceptible to attack than the top of the animal. The underbelly of this hybrid is the most vulnerable to attack since it is softer with little protection. Luckily, its low stance and heavy weight help keep it anchored on the ground to keep its underside from its foes grasp. Chromaspinus is also a very large predator at 44 feet in length, 16 feet in height, and 6-7 tons in weight. Other than its size, Chromaspinus offers little protection for itself. Its sail can be used to deter direct damage to the spine but can also cause severe injury if the sail itself is damaged. The last possible defense it has could come from Spinosaurus Gen 2 who is said to have stronger bones than the typical Spinosaurus. If this is the case, Chromaspinus could have inherited the bone density from its parent. This would prevent its bones from fracturing and breaking easily. While larger, Chromaspinus lacks the armor seen on Diplosuchus. The tough body armor and low build gives ithe defensive edge.

ATTACK
Diplosuchus has similar weaponry to that of the Sarcosuchus. This croc has fairly narrow jaws but they are still very strong and can do a lot of damage to its prey. While likely taking a diet of fish and amphibious creatures, there is little doubt that Diplosuchus could ambush a large dinosaur and drown it in the water. The teeth of this hybrid are long and sharp which helps it grip its prey as its jaws crush the squirming creature. Diplosuchus prefers to attack quickly with a ambush to drag its prey into the water to be drowned or mutilated by a death roll. Chromaspinus also take’s heavily after its parent, Spinosaurus Gen 2. It has the long jaws and teeth that help it to grip struggling prey such as fish or wriggling dinosaurs. The main weapons of Chromaspinus are its massive and muscular arms with long sharp claws on the end of them. A hit from these will carry a lot of power behind them that could knock even a large theropod off its feet. In addition, those claws will hook into prey and then rip out doing severe damage. Chromaspinus can also use these long arms to manipulate and push around its opponents. These two predators each have different weaponry. While Diplosuchus has the stronger bite, the powerful arms and claws of Chromaspinus bring this category to a draw.

INTELLIGENCE
Diplosuchus is surprisingly intelligent which is shown when it “sharpens its claws in its enclosure”. This intelligence likely comes from genetic tampering since none of its hybrid parents have excessive intelligence. Diplosuchus may not have the speed or utilities to make good use of this ability but it is there and could come in handy if the battle comes to a hair split. Diplosuchus will be able to find weaknesses in its foes faster than most if not all other crocs. Chromaspinus was believed to be carnivorous but was later revealed as a omnivore. This likely puts it between the Parasaurolophus and Spinosaurus in intelligence. This probably was probably a very mediocre place to be at. Neither had exceptional traits which probably made Chromaspinus a instinct hunter. This being said, Chromaspinus probably had great experience hunting in a aquatic setting. Surprisingly, Diplosuchus will take the win in this category as its genetically enhanced intelligence will take superiority over the instinct driven Chromaspinus.

ADVANTAGES

Diplosuchus
Defense
Intelligence

Chromaspinus
Speed/Agility

Draw
Attack

Our combatants are ready and the simulation is set! Let’s find out this weeks winner!

FIGHT!
Diplosuchus swims at the surface of a river that flows gently into the gargantuan mouth of a cave. As the crocodile enters the cave, it is greeted not by darkness, but by a brilliant light illuminating the caves rocky walls and edges. In the distance, a glowing sail turns around the corner of the cavern. The pulsating bioluminescence catches the crocodiles attention and Diplosuchus dives to see its approacher. A strong glow comes quickly foreword but once it is close enough, the figure of Chromaspinus becomes Apparent. Diplosuchus lashes its tail angrily and barrels towards its glowing approacher. Chromaspinus doesn’t back down and opens its own jaws. The two race towards each other and clash. Diplosuchus makes a last minute move to the side and bites onto its foes neck. Chromaspinus quickly swats the croc off with a slash to the side of the neck. Diplosuchus turns to strike again but Chromaspinus uses its foot to push the croc away. Chromaspinus launches itself through the water at its foe with its weapons ready.

Diplosuchus rolls to the side which causes Chromaspinus to crash head first into the rocky side of the river. The bioluminescent markings of the spinosaur burn hot pink in reflection of the creatures agony. The crocodile bites onto the leg of its foe and swims down. Chromaspinus thrashes as Diplosuchus holds its grip on its leg like a bear trap. Diplosuchus begins to turn itself, attempting a death roll, but Chromaspinus suddenly comes down on the big crocodile with all its weight. Diplosuchus is smashed into the hard bottom of the river and let’s go. Chromaspinus races to the surface and quickly takes a breath. The water is calm for only a second before Diplosuchus lunges from below, snaps it’s jaws around its foes neck and drags the glowing spinosaur under. Chromaspinus kicks and slashes wildly with its arms and legs. Like a vise, Diplosuchus tightens its grip, building the pressure on the spinosaurs neck.

Chromaspinus feels itself loosing oxygen and lashes out more. Finally, the spinosaurs clawed hand strikes the soft flesh of the crocs throat. Diplosuchus thrashes in pain and throws its head against the skull of its foe. Chromaspinus reels back from the pain. Once the pain clears, Chromaspinus bolts for the rocky cave bay and climbs onto its shinning surface. After taking its last foot out of the water, Diplosuchus leaps out of the water and bites onto the spinosaurs tail. Chromaspinus whips around on Diplosuchus, ripping its tail from the crocs grasp in the process. Chromaspinus goes in for a slash but Diplosuchus catches the glowing beast by the arm and pulls the spinosaur off balance and into the water. Diplosuchus begins to spin with its opponents arm still in its mouth. Chromaspinus feels the bone and tissue in the joint quickly twist around and shreds off its body. Blood clouds the water from the wound.

Chromaspinus surfaces for a breath before diving back under to face its opponent but only finds the water clouded from its own blood. As the spinosaur peers through the cloud, Diplosuchus springs fourth with jaws open but Chromaspinus dodges to the side. Chromaspinus bites onto the skull of its foe and grips it furthermore with its remaining claw. Diplosuchus wiggles like a fish on a hook but Chromaspinus keeps its grip firm. Diplosuchus shakes its head harder and thrashes its whole body. Chromaspinus struggles to hold onto the wriggling crocodile. Diplosuchus breaks free and snaps it’s jaws at the glowing spinosaur causing it to back away. Chromaspinus doesn’t stay away long though as it launches itself foreword with a powerful thrust of its tail. Diplosuchus readies itself as Chromaspinus barrels closer. At the last minute, Diplosuchus turns itself sideways. The long spikes on the crocs back point directly at Chromaspinus which makes the glowing hybrid make a sharp turn away from its foe.

Chromaspinus once again makes a break for land but Diplosuchus is quickly closing in. Chromaspinus rises out of the water, ankle deep in the river. For a moment, the spinosaur turns to look back at its foe, and in that moment, Diplosuchus jumps from the water and bites down onto its foes neck. Chromaspinus shrieks in pain and falls onto its side. Diplosuchus tries to drag its opponent back into the river but Chromaspinus kicks and claws against the stone floor of the cave. The two tug back and fourth but Chromaspinus changes the tide once it finds its footing. Chromaspinus stands hunched over with Diplosuchus still clinging to its neck, front feet completely off the ground. Chromaspinus pulls backwards and with its remaining arm, slashes across the crocodiles throat. The force slams Diplosuchus off with a splatter of blood. Chromaspinus falls onto its side panting and Diplosuchus hits the cave floor with the wet splat of blood and water. The crocodile shudders with its last gargling breath leaving Chromaspinus exhausted but alive and victorious.

K.O!

EXPLANATION
This match was very tough to decide and for a very long time, I was pretty sure that Diplosuchus had this match. I would like to get one thing settled. This match was not the same as Sarcosuchus V.S Spinosaurus. Realistically I believe that Sarcosuchus would win that fight. However, the Spinosaurus that contributed to the creation of Chromaspinus is far different from the one we know today. This Spinosaurus was a lot more nimble and robust. This made Chromaspinus well adapted for combat and allowed it to match the powerful arsenal of Diplosuchus. Sure, Diplosuchus had its tough back armor, but it was much lighter than the 10 ton Sarcosuchus so flipping it on land would not have been as hard on land, and even easier in water, for the larger Chromaspinus. Diplosuchus likely was able to hunt dinosaurs but the larger Chromaspinus would not be easy to drag into the water and drown. Diplosuchus also would struggle to utilize its intelligence since it wasn’t fast enough to bounce around testing for weak spots. Even if Diplosuchus was able to target its foes spine, it was still a difficult spot to reach for the short reptile. In a close match, size and build gave Chromaspinus the upper hand. The winner is Chromaspinus!

Next Time On Hybrid Fight Night…

Please feel free to do battle requests! You can request any hybrids or apexes/bosses from Jurassic World Alive or the Game and combatants can repeat. I might not get to your request immediately but all requests are considered. Thank you!

9 Likes

Tryko for the win!

Also i’d like to see Andrewtodon vs Gorgosuchus

3 Likes

After Indotaurus v.s Trykosaurus can you do Ankylos lux v.s Gigakylocephalus?

1 Like

Chad Chroma always wins.

4 Likes

I figured Chromaspinus would win, seeing as while Diplo was better in water than land, Chroma could move good in both.
As for the next matchup, I think Tryko would win because of its armor and T-Rex level bite, easily killing Indotaurus, though if it can cloak, then that might give Indo a huge edge.

Also after this, I was hoping that one you could possibly do is Carnoraptor vs Alloraptor?

1 Like

Agree, Indotaurus has agility and intelligence, but Tryko has literally ankylosaur armor on its back and a massive clubbed, spiky tail, add it the size and power of a T-rex. Indotaurus is just an Indoraptor with horns.

2 Likes

Yeah but I think that Indotaurus is bigger than you think
The Indominus Rex is 50 feet long and the JW Carnotaurus is about 30 feet long so IndoT might be around 40 feet long
However I still think Trykosaurus will win
Great fight as always @WarZone

1 Like

Hope indoT wins although I’m not sure

1 Like

I’m doing my own hybrid battle type thing, any tips?
I might do something similar to yours and make my own custom pictures because it seems really cool

1 Like

It will take me a while to get to a Alloraptor battle since it took me a while to get it a matchup. I will say that Alloraptor is pretty big so Carnoraptor would have a tough time against it.

1 Like

It can take as long as it needs. I’m just happy that you have a matchup for it.

Also how big is Alloraptor? I never really knew that it was larger than Carnoraptor.

2 Likes

@RaptorJay06 I think a more fair fight with Alloraptor would be Alloraptor vs Tryostonix
I bet @WarZone could do an amazing fight with them.
The JW Velociraptor is about 13 feet long and the JW Allosaurus is around 39 feet long.
The JW Postosuchus is about 20 feet long, the JW Dimetrodon is about 12 feet long, and the JW Baryonyx is about 30 feet long.
This would put both creatures in the size range of 20 to 25 feet long.

3 Likes

About this big
IMG_20220115_094203

4 Likes

That’s the size of the actual Allosaurus… Alloraptor is the size of a regular raptor

1 Like

That is Alloraptor

1 Like

In JWA Alloraptor is the size of velociraptor…

1 Like

That’s just called ‘lazy scaling’

In reality a Hatzegopteryx wouldn’t be as tall as a Brachiosaurus

2 Likes

Yeah
Ludia doesn’t change the size of animation rigs no matter what the actual size of the creature would be

1 Like

Dear goodness, I never knew it was THAT big, make me love it even more.

3 Likes

They just made it like that to fit the animation and avoid doing a new one. Alberto is the same size as T-rex in the game but you’ll never see something like that in reality, or Kentrosaurus being the same size as Stego, when Stego is way bigger. Here is the same case.

2 Likes