Hybrid Fight Night 17: Tsintamoth VS Tragodistis

Hybrid Fight Night is where two hybrids from Ludia games are pitted against each other every week. They will be analyzed on their Speed, Defense, Attack, and Intelligence. They will then fight to determine the winner for the week. Now let’s get into this weeks battle! Tsintamoth VS Tragodistis!

SPEED/AGILITY
Speed and agility are not the strong suits of these lumbering herbivores. Tsintamoth is a massive animal and unsurprisingly is not very fast. This titan can charge at a very fast speed for a short distance but the speed doesn’t hold for long. Tsintamoth does have longer legs than is foe which could give it better mobility and a longer stride. Tragodistis is not very mobile at all. This defensive tank has very short legs and heavy armor that protect it but also weighs it down. One thing Tragodistis can do is pivot itself around quickly to strike its attacker. This ability will allow it to keep its deadly tail between itself and its foe at all times. While Tragodistis’ pivoting ability is useful, Tsintamoths longer legs serve it better in this category giving it a distinct edge.

DEFENSE
Tsintamoth doesn’t deviate too much from the Mammoth in terms of size. Reaching a size of 12 feet in height, 15 feet in length, and weighing 6 tons, this was no lightweight. The dense bones and thick hide of this hybrid allow it too absorb a multitude of hits before taking severe damage. This beast is also very sturdy due to its tree like legs that allow it to stand its ground against foes of similar stature. Tragodistis is also massive in size at 6 feet in height, 33 feet in length and a hefty 7 tons. Like all ankylosaurs, Tragodistis is coated in a thick armored hide that protects its body from attacks. Its low build helps protect its one weakness, its soft underbelly. Exploiting this weakness is no easy task as the high density and wide build of the animal makes it very difficult to flip. Tragodistis does have a sail running down its back but its is reasonable to assume that the supporting spikes are part of its armor and not the spine. While both hybrids are very sturdy, it is the armor of Tragodistis that takes the edge ove the tough but unarmored hide of Tsintamoth.

ATTACK
Tsintamoth has the same weaponry as its Mammoth parent. The obvious weapons of this hybrid are its massive tusks. These tusks can grow as long as the animal itself, however, they curve up and inwards to make them more manageable for Tsintamoth to use. These tusks can stab and puncture through flesh and into the vulnerable organs like the heart, lungs and stomach. Tsintamoth is also armed with its immense size that can squash smaller foes beneath its wide feet. While not really a weapon, Tsintamoth also possesses its muscular trunk that it can use to grab its foes to keep them close. Tragodistis holds its weapon on the other side of its body. Its thick, muscular tail ends in a spiked mace-like tip. This weapon can be swung at a very high speed to devastating effect. The long tail of this animal allows it to keep enemies at a distance and away from its one weakness, its soft underbelly. Bones can broken and organs can be rattled if opponents are not wary around Tragodistis. These two are both armed with a dangerous arsenal that they each expertly utilize to deadly effect. Attack ends at a equilibrium.

INTELLIGENCE
Being created from Mammoth DNA and seemingly taking more influence from it, we can assume Tsintamoth is a very smart animal. Tsintamoth possesses a excellent memory and can learn from its experiences to get the upper hand in battle. Its trunk can also be used to grab objects in its environment. This combination of environmental utilization and learning ability is a true rarity amongst large herbivorous animals. Tragodistis got the shorter end of the stick in intelligence. It is a hybrid of hadrosaur, sauropod, and ankylosaur genomes which are some of the least intelligent dinosaurs known. Tragodistis likely runs on instinct and instinct alone. As a massive herbivore, it didn’t need to be smart to find its next meal. In this category the exceptional memory of Tsintamoth out matches the instinctual Tragodistis.

ADVANTAGES

Tsintamoth
Speed/Agility
Intelligence

Tragodistis
Defense

Draw
Attack

Our combatants are ready and the simulation is set! Let’s find out this weeks winner!

FIGHT!
The sun beats down with the thick humidity creating a miserable environment for the creatures of the grasslands. A Tsintamoth lumbers through the terrain and heat in pursuit of a mate. The trumpeting call of another Tsintamoth has brought it to the edge of a tar pit sitting in the middle of the flowing field of grass. However, the approaching Tsintamoth is too late as it’s possible mate lays on its side have submerged in the tar dead from exhaustion. Tsintamoth bellows but it’s attention shifts to the Tragodistis that has appeared beside it. The stocky animal smells the rancid tar and moves to walk away but the frustrated and hormonal Tsintamoth charges the ankylosaur in a fit of rage. The Tsintamoth rams into Tragodistis’s armored side which knocks the animal back a few feet. Tragodistis grunts from the force of the impact but stabilizes itself as its angry opponent rushes him again.

Tragodistis swipes its tail at its foe but Tsintamoth stops itself in time for the strike to miss. The crested mammoth moves in and swipes its foes back leg with its large tusk causing Tragodistis to stumble and then be pushed back by Tsintamoth once again. Tragodistis catches its balance and widens its stance. Tsintamoth quickly advances with its head lowered. Tragodistis shuffles to the side and cracks its spiked tail against Tsintamoths back leg. Tsintamoth releases a booming call of agony and whips around on its armored foe. Tsintamoth swings its head to hit Tragodistis in the side with its tusk but Tragodistis swings its tail at the same time causing the two weapons to bounce off of each other. Tsintamoth recovers first and moves up to its opponents front to wrap its trunk around the neck of Tragodistis. Tragodistis bellows and tries to pull away but the crested mammoth holds a tight grip.

Tragodistis lashes its tail as Tsintamoth rears back in a attempt to crush Tragodistis which lifts the armored beast halfway off the ground. Tragodistis whips its tail and bashes it against the side of the mammoths stomach. Tsintamoth let’s go of its foes neck and stumbles backwards. Tsintamoth falls to its knees panting from the heat and the battle. Tragodistis takes a few steps back and slams its spiked tail on the ground as a warning but Tsintamoth gets back on its feet and stared at Tragodistis with a burning glare. The blue mammoth stomps quickly towards its foe for another charge. Tragodistis tries to sidesteps
the attack but Tsintamoth uses its tusk to hook the back leg of the ankylosaur. Tragodistis looses its balance and falls onto its side. Tsintamoth wastes no time and charges with its tusks aimed for its opponents underbelly.

Tragodistis manages to flop onto its stomach at the last moment and uses its wide stance to brace for the impact. Tsintamoth hits Tragodistis like a truck but the heavier dinosaur maintains its footing after sliding back a few feet. Tragodistis tries to strike its attacker with its tail but Tsintamoth turns and blocks the attack with its large tusk. Tsintamoth throws its head to the other side and bashes the side of its other tusk against its foes head. Tragodistis bellows in pain and shuffles back and away from its opponent and closer to the tar pit. Tsintamoth approaches slowly while Tragodistis growls a warning that goes ignored. Tsintamoth comes closer but stops to avoid two swipes of its opponents tail. The crested mammoth begins to circle around towards the head of Tragodistis but the armored dinosaur makes sure to keep itself positioned to strike. Suddenly, Tsintamoth barrels foreword with a earth shaking charge.

Tragodistis swings its tail up to bring it down on the head of the crested beast. Tsintamoth takes a step back and grabs just behind the deadly tip of its foes tail with its trunk. Tragodistis tries to pull away but the mammoths grip is firm. Tsintamoth takes the hooked end of its tusk and thrusts it into the base of Tragodistis’s thick tail. Tragodistis roars in agony and pulls away. Tsintamoth let’s go which makes Tragodistis stumble back and accidentally put its rear foot into the sticky tar. Blood drips out of the hole in its tail as Tragodistis cries out in pain and panic with little luck freeing itself. Tsintamoth charges full speed for one final collision. Tragodistis continues to struggle as the mammoth gets closer. With a loud squelch, Tragodistis is freed and its momentum throws its tail foreword. Tsintamoth can’t stop itself in time and the spiked weapon smashes into the side of the mammoths face. A long tusk snaps off and flies into the tar. Blood drips from the mouth of Tsintamoth as it stumbles dizzily before collapsing into the pool of thick, oozing tar.

K.O!

EXPLANATION
These two both had qualities that gave the other challenges. The mammoths speed, height, and density made it hard for Tragodistis to find a spot to do severe damage while Tragodistis’s highly durable armor and overall greater weight gave Tsintamoth the same problem. However, in this battle, Tragodistis’s weakness was extremely hard to reach for Tsintamoth. For starters, Tsintamoth’s tusks curved up and inwards which was not good for getting under Tragodistis and stabbing its soft underbelly. The taller height of Tsintamoth also made it difficult for the mammoth to get down low enough to strike this weak spot. Sure, Tsintamoth could take a lot of punishment but there is no way it could take repeated blows forever, especially not to the face. Tragodistis’s defensive battle strategy also allowed it to wear down Tsintamoth and deliver the final blow. Tragodistis may not be the fastest or the smartest, but it’s powerful defense and excellent stability won this battle. The winner is Tragodistis!

Next Time On Hybrid Fight Night…

Please feel free to do battle requests! You can request any hybrids or apexes/bosses from Jurassic World Alive or the Game and combatants can repeat. I might not get to your request immediately but all requests are considered. Thank you!

7 Likes

I’m surprised that trago won

4 Likes

Really? Lol. I was going w/ trago bcz of the armor advantage

2 Likes

??? I thought only Tragodistis could do this but ok

2 Likes

Argenteryx vs Ankylodactylus

2 Likes

I think that Tsintamoth might be able to do sidestep. It probably wouldn’t look the same or happen as often as Trago since Tragos legs are more splayed. Regardless, I changed it to a step backwards to make more sense in the situation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so I can fix it.

1 Like

I apologize for getting this one out so late again. That week I was sick really threw the schedule off. I still intend to make a Hybrid Fight Night weekly and I will work towards getting a more consistent and stable schedule again.

2 Likes

Its crazy how some of these Hybrid Fight Nights go. Glad to see in this one, armor finally has some use :joy:

1 Like

Out of Parasauthops and Megalosuchus, I’d say that Megalosuchus would win because of the armor on its back, and that it’s description stated that it is basically a Siberian Tiger wrapped in barbed wire and is extremely intelligent, and can bite harder than a saltwater crocodile. Sure Paratops has Acro DNA in it, but Megalosuchus’s traits would make it the most likely winner IMO.

3 Likes

Yeah Megalosuchus is apparently such a badass on real life but it’s a total wimp in game

5 Likes

I knew Distis (she needs to be one with the Force as she once was) was gonna win because armor advantage+club tail

1 Like

Trykosaurus vs thoradolosaur

1 Like

Happy that I could help

1 Like

I really want Megalosuchus to win

3 Likes

Suchoripterus vs Stygidaryx

1 Like