Hybrid Fight Night 19: Monostegotops VS Monolorhino

Hybrid Fight Night is where two hybrids from Ludia games are pitted against each other every week. They will be analyzed on their Speed, Defense, Attack, and Intelligence. They will then fight to determine the winner for the week. Now let’s get into this weeks battle! Monostegotops VS Monolorhino!

SPEED/AGILITY
For such large animals these two can still move with frightening speed. Monostegotops, while still large, is less robust than Stegoceratops. The added Monolophosaurus DNA has given this ceratopsian powerful back legs that launch this hybrid forward for a quick and deadly charge. It is not particularly good at changing directions but with enough room, this ceratopsian can gain incredible speed with a single charge. Rhinos are the largest modern animals that can gallop and it can be assumed that Monolorhino had similar abilities. Like Monostegotops, Monolorhino can reach a very high speed in a direct charge, however, this animal also has to slow down to make turns and cannot change directions quickly. Monolorhino is able to modify its core temperature through its sail which could give this animal greater endurance through the heat. In this category these two have the same strengths and weaknesses, giving neither side the edge.

DEFENSE
Monostegotops may not be as big or bulky as Stegoceratops but this creature still remains a defensive powerhouse. At 27 feet long, 8 feet tall, and 5 tons in weight, this was no lightweight. This herbivore is also armed with a large head and frill that can take massive amounts of punishment with little damage. It also has two rows of large, sharp, plates that run down its back and and jut upwards. This plates help defend from damage to the spine but leaves this hybrids flanks open to attack. It does have a thick hide that can soften what would be crippling attacks. Monolorhino is very robust like most other rhinos. This hybrid could get to 14 feet in length, 7 feet in height, and 3 tons in weight. This hybrid didn’t have much in defense other than its tough hide and bulk. Its body is very compact and can absorb the shock of a powerful head to head collision. Its sail probably could have been a weakness since it appears to be rooted directly to the spine. The defense of these two cannot compete with each other’s weapons but the larger size and head frill of Monostegotops gives it the slight advantage in defense.

ATTACK
Monostegotops is a force of genetic engineering. Adding carnivore DNA, has made this a extremely aggressive herbivore with a short temper. It is armed with long, sharp horns that curve upwards to not only stab and pierce but also tear through its opponents. Its tail also has six spikes on the tip which are equally as sharp and help to thwart attacks from behind and keep predators at bay. Monostegotops also has the ability to bite despite not being a carnivore. This bite may not do severe damage but it would be extremely painful. Surprisingly, Monolorhino is omnivorous while Monostegotops is not. It likely only eats smaller prey or just the predators it kills when attacked. It can be assumed that this hybrids diet still consists mainly of grasses. The main weapon of Monolorhino is hard to miss. Its massive nose horn is long and sharp for stabbing would be predators. The low position of the horn on the animals nose also makes it useful for getting under short and armored foes. These two very dangerous weaponry but the wider arsenal of Monostegotops gives it the edge in attack.

INTELLIGENCE
Monostegotops may have been slightly smarter than its parent but that’s not saying much. With ceratopsian and stegosaur DNA involved, this hybrid can’t be very smart. Monolophosaurus also wasn’t known for exceptional intelligence either. Monostegotops was probably very instinct driven and likely did not form strategies mid battle. Being a large herbivore, it didn’t need to think about its next meal. Monolorhino lies about on the same level. The Dimetrodon and Rhinoceros DNA drag it down and as stated earlier, the Monolophosaurus genome doesn’t help much. It could not utilize its environment and was probably not capable of complex thinking. Ultimately, these two do not possess a high enough intelligence for it to be significant in this fight.

ADVANTAGES

Monostegotops
Defense
Attack

Monolorhino
None

Draw
Speed/Agility
Intelligence

I would like to thank @HolyPoly1026 for suggesting this weeks opponent! The simulation is set! Let’s find out this weeks winner!

FIGHT!
A light, drizzling rain falls down from a gray and dreary sky. A creek, swollen and muddy from the precipitation, runs through the open grasslands. Monostegotops is unfazed by these conditions and grazes on the wet grass. With its attention on satisfying it hunger, it doesn’t notice the approaching Monolorhino. Monolorhino is passing through, however it is wary of the larger ceratopsian and grunts a warning. Monostegotops lifts its head, swallowing its last mouthful of grass and let’s out a thunderous roar. Monolorhino exhales sharply and lowers its horn. Monostegotops shakes its gargantuan head, scuffs its heels, and charges. Monolorhino quickly charges back. The earth rumbles beneath the two powerful creatures as their heavy footsteps kick up thick globs of mud from the wet earth. A collision is imminent.

The two beasts bellow and pick up speed. The two brace for the impact and slam into each other. Monolorhino’s horn slides roughly between the two horns of its foe causing the weapons to crack against each other. The two push against each other, digging their feet into the soft ground for better traction. Monostegotops manages to take a few steps foreword which slides the lighter Monolorhino back through the mud. The scale covered rhino grunts and tries to advance but it continues to slide back despite taking steps foreword. Monostegotops throws its head up which slams its nose bump into the bottom of Monolorhino’s jaw and knocks the hybrid back. Monolorhino quickly recovers and charges again this time lowering its head to the side. Monolorhino moves in to strike but Monostegotops catches the rhinos horn in its jaws and slams the beasts head into the ground.

Monolorhino grunts and pulls back hard, yanking its horn from its foes grasp. Monolorhino hastily retreats back with mud coating its chin. Monostegotops glares at its challenger and Monolorhino stares back. The two begin to circle while never letting other out of their sight. The hulking beasts gain speed and close in. As the circle gets tighter, Monolorhino turns and gallops straight for the flank of its opponent. Monostegotops tries to run out of the way but it isn’t fast enough. Monolorhino’s horn snags the ceratopsians hip and tears a nasty wound in its foe. Monostegotops roars in pain and swipes its spiked tail across the rhinos face. Monolorhino bellows in pain with three gashes running over the side of its head. Monostegotops swings its tail again but this time Monolorhino steps back and avoids the blow. The rhino then goes in for another charge on its foes flank but Monostegotops steps to the side leaving Monolorhino unable to change direction as it zooms by.

Monolorhino skids to a halt panting. The rhino quickly turns around to see its opponents charging towards it. Monostegotops lowers its head but Monolorhino moves out of the way just in time. However, as the two pass the ceratopsian jabs its tail spikes into its foes front leg. Monolorhino howls in pain Monostegotops digs its feet into the ground and skids to a stops before the earth dips into the swollen, fast moving creek. The horned dinosaur turns and roars as the rain gently falls on both hybrids and runs over their wounds and mud soaked bodies. Monolorhino starts to walk foreword but that walk quick turns to a trot and a trot to a powerful gallop. Monostegotops lowers its head and braces but makes not advance. Monolorhino hits its horned opponent like a truck. The impact ripples through the body of Monostegotops but the ceratopsian is only pushed back a few feet and a few inches over the ditch that the creek lies in. Monostegotops turns its head to the side and hooks Monolorhino’s horn with its own. The ceratopsian whips around and yanks the rhino off balance. Monolorhino stumbles and slips over the creek bank but manages to turn itself around and stop itself in the mud at the waters edge.

Precariously, Monolorhino pulls itself through the slick mud and climbs up the ditch it has fallen into. Eventually, the rhino is once again staring at Monostegotops who has began to walk away. The mud covered Monolorhino charges with all its remaining strength. Monostegotops hears the squelching footsteps of the beast and turns around. Anger burns in the ceratopsian who roars and charges back gaining speed. In a final clash the two smash into each other but Monostegotops throws its head up on impact which knocks Monolorhino backwards and off its feet. Monostegotops quickly closes in on the exhausted rhino and rams its two curved horns into its stomach. Monolorhino bellows as the monstrous ceratopsian pushes it to the creeks edge with its horns still puncturing its stomach. Monostegotops throws its head up which tears open its opponents belly and rolls Monolorhino into the creek bed with its entrails stringing behind it. The rhino crashes into the water turning it a dark red. Monostegotops watches as its lifeless opponent is swept away by the rushing creek.

K.O!

EXPLANATION
These two had a dangerous arsenal that vastly outshined their defenses. These two could not take a full blow to the flank from the other and survive meaning this match could have really gone either way. However, the larger size and weight of Monostegotops allowed it to overpower its opponent in a head to head collision. It was able to push Monolorhino around which made it more likely to find the window to make the killing blow. Monolorhino’s horn may have been positioned better for getting under its opponent but it had no defenses to make it harder for Monostegotops to use its own horns. This was not a two horns are better than one type of situation and Monolorhino probably could have faired better at a equal weight. Unfortunately, the greater size and power of Monostegotops made it a unstoppable force in this battle. The winner is Monostegotops!

Next Time On Hybrid Fight Night…

Please feel free to do battle requests! You can request any hybrids or apexes/bosses from Jurassic World Alive or the Game and combatants can repeat. I might not get to your request immediately but all requests are considered. Thank you!

7 Likes

Wow, very good, congratulations. I would like to suggest one between (in my view, the two most powerful terrestrials) Albertospinos and Indominus, it would be insane.

3 Likes

This will be an interesting matchup. I’d say an Indoraptor will win.

4 Likes

Mono won, sorry monostego won!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I will consider your request. Albertospinos does have a match coming up very soon that I am very excited about

2 Likes

It will be very interesting to decide a winner for sure but I am excited to write the battle

1 Like

I’ll just ask for Keratoporcus vs Smilocephalosaurus

3 Likes

I think it’s supposed to be NOT a force to be messed with

2 Likes

Trykosaurus vs Allodrigues

2 Likes

That’ll just be Tryko enjoying some Allodrigues McNuggets

2 Likes

Eh,i think those make it’s design very weird

2 Likes

Scaphotator vs Diplovenator

2 Likes

Parasauthops vs priotrodon

2 Likes

That’s embarrassing. I will get it fixed

2 Likes

It’s ok, everyone makes mistakes
Your action scenes are the best

1 Like

Since both have almost the same thing, its possible it will be a draw

2 Likes

I can assure that there will be one winner. Every matchup on Hybrid Fight Night will be to the death although this next one will be very difficult to decide.

3 Likes

While both Indoraptor’s are extremely intelligent and can use echolocation, it will mostly depend on where this match takes places. If it takes place in a dark and barely lightened place, then Indoraptor Gen 1 will most likely win, while if it’s in a brightened environment, then Indoraptor Gen 2 will most likely win.

3 Likes

I have a question: did indoraptor have quills like scorpius but it just didn’t use them or did it not have Any toxic quills?

1 Like

It had some quill-like things on its back and neck, but I don’t think they were quills, since it never used them. I think the Indominus had them too. So it was probably for show only.

4 Likes