Hybrid Fight Night 23: Geminititan VS Skoonasaurus

Hybrid Fight Night is where two hybrids from Ludia games are pitted against each other every week. They will be analyzed on their Speed, Defense, Attack, and Intelligence. They will then fight to determine the winner for the week. Now let’s get into this weeks battle! Geminititan VS Skoonasaurus!

SPEED/AGILITY
These may not be the biggest sauropods but their mass is still significant and impairs their speed. Geminititan is a lumbering beast. This hybrid has a very long stride and possibly good stamina to get from one place to another in search of food. For its niche, Geminititan had no need to be quick and moving quickly would waste energy that sustains its massive body. Geminititan uses its long neck to feed on a wide area without having to move its body. Skoonasaurus is no different and uses the same perks of the sauropod build. Its speed is likely very slow but again, likely has good stamina on a sturdy build. Skoonasaurus is able to traverse through water better than most sauropods and can even walk through rushing streams. Additionally, its tail is paddle-like and could aid it in swimming. In this battle this category would likely be a wash since neither of these creatures are fast enough to take advantage of the others slowness. It is important to acknowledge that Skoonasaurus would have a slight advantage in the water.

DEFENSE
Geminititan is very large yet somewhat light for its size. This hybrid reaches 64 feet from nose to tail, 25 feet tall at the head, and weighing 12 tons. Diplodocus is a very lightweight sauropod and the pterosaur DNA in this hybrid likely lightens its skeletal density. Regardless, this is still a large animal with very thick skin that allows it to take quite a bit of punishment. This being said, Geminititan has a total lack of body armor and can be struck anywhere and potentially take damage. Skoonasaurus is not as long as its opponent but it is denser. At 40 feet long, 25 feet tall at the head, and 15 tons in weight, Skoonasaurus was fairly small for a sauropod. What it lacks in size, it make up for in powerful body armor. Hard bony bumps and knobs coat this hybrids back and behind its skull. This armor is very tough and is nearly impossible to pierce with natural weapons. However, its body remains unprotected in all other parts of its body other than its thick hide. Geminititan may be big but Skoonasaurus is heavier, denser, and possesses body armor giving it the edge in this category.

ATTACK
Being the first carnivorous sauropod, Geminititan is quite unique in this category. For the most part it does have the standard sauropod arsenal. From Diplodocus, Geminititan inherited its long and powerful tail that can be swung at very high speeds that are capable of shredding tissues and cracking bones. In addition, it can stomp on its foes by slamming its whole body weight onto the poor creature. It is likely that it could also kick with its back or front legs. Geminititan’s unique weapon is its bite. While far from the strongest bite we have seen, Geminititan’s bite has a nasty grip that will latch onto prey and not let them go as the hybrids teeth sink deeper into its flesh. Skoonasaurus is more of what you would consider normal for the sauropod design. It can smash foes into the ground with a powerful stomp, send opponents flying with a swipe of its tail, and clobber the enemy with its long neck. Behind each attack, Skoonasaurus puts a immense amount of muscle and weight behind it. Skoonasaurus could probably bite also but it would be relatively weak and would not be suited for combat. These two have similar arsenals but the carnivorous bite of Geminititan gives it a more diverse choice of weaponry giving it the attack edge.

INTELLIGENCE
As massive sauropods, these two had no reason to possess high intelligence. Geminititan was probably very instinct driven and didn’t have to worry about strategizing to conceal itself since its large size made that impossible. It probably is aware of basic weaknesses just from being a predator but it lacks strategy and quick thinking in battle. Geminititan has its weapons and it knows how to use them and that is good enough. Skoonasaurus equally lacks intelligence and also runs on instincts. Its life consisted of fulfilling the demands of its own expansive body with plant life so once again strategy and complex thinking was not needed. Skoonasaurus would simply react to a threat by using its weapons to hit foes in no specific way. Intelligence will hold no significance in this fight as both hybrids stats in this category are so low and insignificant.

ADVANTAGES

Geminititan
Attack

Skoonasaurus
Defense

Draw
Speed/Agility
Intelligence

I would like to thank @Wyvernix @MrMemeZilla_198 and @JWAmammadYT for suggesting this weeks opponents! The simulation is set! Let’s find out this weeks winner!

FIGHT!
Skoonasaurus pulls itself from the rushing waters of the cold, rocky river and into the dense woodland. Birds and pterosaurs squawk and chirp as the armored sauropod lumbers by. Skoonasaurus stops and begins to feed on one of the trees causing the flying creatures living in its branches to scatter noisily. Skoonasaurus is unfazed and continues to eat. As its head goes deeper through the thick layers of leaves it nearly bumps noses with Geminititan who had been had been hunting the small residents of the tree. The two sauropods stare at each other. Skoonasaurus swallows its last leafy bite right as Geminititan launches its head foreword and bites onto the armored sauropods snout. Surprised, Skoonasaurus pulls back and drags Geminititan through the branches. Geminititan stumbles foreword and looses its grip on its foes snout. Skoonasaurus bellows with blood gushing from its nose.

Geminititan goes in for another bite but Skoonasaurus curls its neck back and clobbers the carnivorous sauropod in the side of the head with it. Geminititan cries out, dizzied by the pain. Skoonasaurus moves in and slams its front foot into the shin of Geminititan’s front leg. Geminititan bellows again and lifts the impacted leg off the ground. Skoonasaurus rears up on its back legs to throw its weight onto its opponents side but Geminititan takes notice and quickly whips its tail around and slams it into the soft underbelly of the armored sauropod with immense force. Skoonasaurus roars and looses its balance, stumbling back until it crashes against the side of a tree causing it to shake violently. Geminititan steps foreword and takes another swing with its tail, aimed at its foes head. Skoonasaurus ducks under the attack and Geminititan’s tail smacks hard against the trunk of the tree. Skoonasaurus bellows and stomps towards its opponent who roars back and lashes its tail angrily.

Geminititan takes yet another swipe this time at its approachers body but only strikes the tough armor coating the back of Skoonasaurus. Skoonasaurus moves in close and kicks Geminititan hard in the stomach. The carnivorous sauropod gasps and stumbles back as the air painfully leaves its lungs. Skoonasaurus charges and rears up to slam down onto its foes side. Geminititan shuffles back causing Skoonasaurus to miss and the hybrids feet to crash back onto the earth. Geminititan whips its head around and grabs Skoonasaurus by the neck with its jaws. Geminititan pulls its opponents head back and launches it foreword, slamming it against the trunk of a nearby tree. Skoonasaurus manages to get out a cry of pain before its head is once again struck against the rough tree trunk. Skoonasaurus bashes its tail into its opponents ribs causing Geminititan to real ease its grip and back off. Skoonasaurus collapses with blood dripping down the side of its head.

Geminititan approaches quickly as Skoonasaurus slowly gets to its feet. The armored sauropod barely finds its footing before Geminititan rears up and slams its front feet onto its armored back pushing Skoonasaurus back down. Skoonasaurus feels the weight of its giant foe bear down on its back, threatening to crush its ribs. With all its strength, Skoonasaurus gets its feet under itself and pushes back against its foe. Geminititan tries to push down more but Skoonasaurus manages to lift itself completely upright. The armored sauropod bellows and thrusts its shoulder into its opponents stomach knocking Geminititan off of his back. Skoonasaurus kicks out with its back leg striking Geminititan right in the chest, knocking the carnivorous sauropod further back. Geminititan turns its body and curls its tail back as Skoonasaurus charges foreword. Geminititan makes a swipe for its foes neck but Skoonasaurus ducks as its opponents tail whips overhead. Skoonasaurus raises its head back up but Geminititan recoils and whacks Skoonasaurus in the base of the neck.

The impact rattles through the armored hybrids neck and into its skull. Skoonasaurus trumpets in pain as Geminititan moves in. Skoonasaurus makes a swipe for its foes front leg with its foot but Geminititan stops before the attack can land and launches its head foreword and catches Skoonasaurus by the neck once again. Skoonasaurus thrashes and twists its neck in a attempt to free itself but Geminititan keeps its grip and moves in close. The carnivorous sauropod moves in close and pushes its body weight against its opponent. With a combination of its wild thrashing and its foes weight, Skoonasaurus looses its balance and topples over. Geminititan releases its opponents neck and approaches the hybrids side. Skoonasaurus bellows and kicks its legs wildly. Looming over its foe, Geminititan rears back and slams down on Skoonasaurus’s stomach and ribs. Blood splatters up Geminititan’s legs with a hard crunch and a wet squelch. Skoonasaurus bellows in agony as dark blood pools from its mouth. Geminititan backs away as Skoonasaurus’s head drops to the ground in a pool of its own crimson blood. Geminititan bellows and begins to eat the smashed entrails of the dead sauropod.

K.O!

EXPLANATION
This was a tough match for both hybrids involved. Skoonasaurus was constantly having to work around its foes bite on to of its other weapons with Geminititan had to deal with the armor and higher weight of its opponent. However, the bite of Geminititan allowed it to target its opponents head and neck which is for the most part and unguarded. These are areas, while far from frail, that sauropods are not used to predators attacking due to their height. Geminititan being able to strike Skoonasaurus in the neck almost completely negated the defensive advantage of Skoonasaurus. Its long neck also meant it didn’t need to get in too close and could stay a fair distance away. This match was far from a washout and the shear density of Skoonasaurus was able to keep it in the fight and at time out muscle Geminititan. Unfortunately, Geminititan was different from other sauropods and attacked in ways Skoonasaurus was simply not expecting. In a colossal battle, Geminititan’s superior and unique attacks allowed it to get the edge over its armored foe. The winner is Geminititan!

Next Time On Hybrid Fight Night…

In this poll please select from 1-5 5 being the highest how you would rate the quality of this battle.

• 5- Great!
  • 4- Good
  • 3- Okay
  • 2- Poor
  • 1 Very Poor

0 voters

Please feel free to do battle requests! You can request any hybrids or apexes/bosses from Jurassic World Alive or the Game and combatants can repeat. I might not get to your request immediately but all requests are considered. Thank you!

6 Likes

Nice Battle, and I hope Geminititan hybrid the Geminidues wins the vote and also Kerato

5 Likes

Albertospinos!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ardontognathus VS Stygidaryx would be funny

1 Like

While Skoona’s armor gave it a massive advantage, the teeth of Geminititan was the one thing it needed to defeat the armored titan.

As for this one, while Albertospinos has the size advantage and bite advantage. the quills of the Scorpios will play a massive advantage, although it does have a lot of quirks that aren’t good, like brachycephaly, meaning it has smaller lungs, so it can’t breathe well, like pugs. And it suffers from bipolar. GojiCenter’s Indoraptor vs Scorpios Rex battle video on YouTube explains a lot about the Scorpios Rex, so I would suggest watching that @WarZone.

4 Likes

Ankyntrosaurus vs Tragodistis

1 Like

Request: Entelorhacos Vs Grylenken

My guess on Entelo-Turkey vs Croc-Turkey

Entelorhacos
Speed/Agility

Grylenken
Defense

Draw
Intelligence
Attack

1 Like

And the Alberto and Scorp

Scorp
Speed/Agility
Intelligence
Defense

Alberto
Attack

1 Like

I rewatched Gojicenters Indoraptor VS Scorpios Rex for Hybrid Fight Night 5. I will probably watch it again to brush up on the traits of Scorpios Rex.

1 Like

Yea but also the scorp gen 3 might be a tad larger thanks to Gorgosaurus dna

1 Like

Geminititan has amphibian DNA too so it’s questionable if skoonasaurus has the advantage in water.

1 Like

That is true but it doesn’t have the finned tail

1 Like

Yes but maybe it can breathe through parts of its skin, allowing it to stay underwater for a while before breathing.

1 Like

I’ve looked at close-ups of the render and it seems to be more scaly but I’m not sure. Maybe you’re right

1 Like

I went off of their descriptions. Skoonasaurus is the only one who is described as having a semi aquatic lifestyle but I do believe that Geminititan could still hold its own quite well in the water.

Thanks for doing my post! i had a good feeling gem would win even if skoona had tough armor. Gem has sharp needle like teeth from it’s koola parent and diplo too. And it’s long neck could help it stay out of range of skoona’s attack. and go for basically all sauropods weakness. The neck. But it was fun reading this and thanks again @WarZone for having me on this one

1 Like

I am so glad you enjoyed the fight @Wyvernix ! It was a lot of fun doing this battle and it was a great request!

1 Like

This is my first hybrid fight I’ve read. Went back to see some of the earlier ones. These are awesome! :smiley:

My odd request if you feel like doing something crazy: Lord Lythronax vs. 100 Compies Trained In Jiu Jitsu With Dynamite Strapped To Them!

1 Like

He only does hybrid fights

2 Likes

I’d love you to do ALBERTOCEVIA VS ALLODRIGUES!!!

1 Like