Ludia Forums

I am convinced

I am convinced that to play in the arena especially the way it is is akin to the textbook definition of insanity. It becomes more prominent when a losing streak is involved. You do it over and over again expecting a different result. Just my take on it.

I basically use the arena to harvest coins. Drop, then climb - raking in coins 360 at a time. I kind of like to troll around in there too now. Other than that the arena is pretty pointless. The only way to advance and excel is to boost like mad… and to do that you have to spend like mad. One I don’t care about (anymore) and the other I won’t do (also anymore).

10 Likes

Same here, I don’t buy boosts anymore. I just enjoy the boost freedom too much.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally understand, however I refuse to put real money into this game

1 Like

I hardly go in the arena nowadays. I spent the last 3-4 days in it just to get to the Ruins and out of the Marshes and that was pretty much it.

1 Like

Eh, the last few days have made me feel the same way.

1 Like

I only do it to get the daily battle inc and to fill the 4 slots. Ever so often I would get an inclination to go further and that is rare.

1 Like

I do it for that too, but I had fun until I leveled up Indoraptor, now I realize what everyone means about getting penalized for bettering your team.

3 Likes

I have dropped 250 just today. All because of overpowered rats Thor’s and procera. And somehow all my opponents seem to always have their best. It’s really frustrating. All I want is competitive battles. Is that too much to ask? Lol

3 Likes

theres two wants… you want competition, ludia wants money.

5 Likes

I saw these while biking through the neighborhood today. The bottom one is what I think Ludia would say! :laughing:

7 Likes

dont give them ideas on turbo boosts :joy:

5 Likes

So in essence the arenas haven’t changed much other than massively over powered dinos are gone, replaced by moderately over powered dinos with the sewer rat still ticking people off. I guess the only winner here is ludia taking in the cash each day.

3 Likes

I only battle to complete daily missions, collect coins, fill incubator slots, daily battle incubator, and help on alliance missions. After I fill my incubator slots I don’t play unless I need more battles for daily. I don’t care where I am in the trophies but winning is always better than losing just to be finished faster.

2 Likes

I’m noticing an increase in the amount of AI battles I’m getting in the library. Seems like there are less people playing after the boost rework, which explains why I’m able to climb a little.

I’m still facing teams way higher, but most of the players I face make a LOT of mistakes (rookie mistakes, like trying to distract immune dinos, or trying to DC an evasive dino who’s on their last evasive turn). My insanity comes from DC and getting critted on.

2 Likes

This surprised me at first but I am getting used to it. I loose hundreds of trophies every time I level up a creature in my team.

Doing battles is not fun anymore.

4 Likes

This did not happen in lockwood (yet).
But up to aviary it was worse.

The battles have a huge luck factor now. Instead of balancing their team, players have put all of their boost on two to three dinosaurs. If they get them in their battle formation they win. If they don’t, they lose. The exponential cost factor inhibited that in the past. Now, balanced teams are punished.

4 Likes

It is funny when some players in the aviary think stegoceratops or even irradiator can “Rat”. There are a lot of immunes in the aviary. Stun moves are almost pointless here now