Ludia Forums

I am the healer

The raids I participate in tend to go like this (no Discord or pre-planning):

• I get an invite (or occasionally when I start a raid lobby)
  • I watch everyone select damage dealers with an occasional debuff creature
  • I inevitably and reluctantly select a healer because nobody else will
  • Raid goes well because I sacrificed something more dynamic for a must-have, but ignored creature class
  • OR I still fail plenty of raids because people don’t think of it as a team exercise

In any case, it would be nice to switch things up occasionally instead of always healing.

Invitation: Broaden your outlook and skills by taking the healer role occasionally.

Anyone else have this experience with spontaneous raids?

2 Likes

i tend to be the healer in most raids i do. i actually enjoy it as i only need to focus on the team rather than dealing damage and worrying about minions. I’ll occasionally do a tank role if someone else chooses the healer before i join.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy trying the different healers in each rarity and generally enjoy the raids too. It’s just that I occasionally want to use my favorite damage dealers too.

I am the healer a fair amount. I think for me its because I have a good healer, LV 23 Edmonto. But, at least in Sino, you do not really need a healer. This is another case though for needing chat in the Raids.

5 Likes

When I join an invite from a random friend, I also like to wait for everyone else to make their choice before I figure out what’s still needed. Almost every match I join this way leaves the healer for last.

4 Likes

I wish I had a better healer, my best is Dilorano for the legendary raids. For epics I’m usually the buffer/cleanser with my Kapro. In Apex … I got nothing, all of my uniques need healing, I don’t have a good healer, and my teammates don’t have high enough creatures to survive Mortem Rex’s attacks since the minions already tear us down.

1 Like

That’s why communication is important. When I get invited to raids with people out of my alliance (and it works), that’s what happens to me too… Nobody wants to be support, everyone wants to hit.

4 Likes

The uberboosted minions are super annoying for anything but teams with max boosted dinos. Sure they are relatively easy to take out, but that velociraptor on Apex is a pain without Tuora or something with tons of speed boosts. I can’t use my Magna because of that thing.

My Tenonto can’t even land a hit because it dies, and it’s lvl 28 but unboosted. My Smaxima has T10 HP, survives quite a while, slows everything down … aaaaand my team is made mostly of chompers and either no healer or a weak healer that gets owned. We’ve never managed to beat Apex.

1 Like

I figure it will take a while for me to beat the Apex, my Tryko (28), Magna (27) and Maxima (27) are probably the most suited of my dinos but I’ve had to use Dilorach (26) for want of healers.

And my alliance is mostly F2P casual players without many unique beyond myself and a couple of others.

I’m happy to assume the healer role. Used to be the same when I played overwatch back in the day too.

2 Likes

I tend to up as the healer as well, but I don’t mind much. I seem to be pretty decent at it despite not playing that role in literally anything else. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sometimes you have to let people fail or they will never learn.

Vindictive also works. Many people consider Para to be the only healer for legendary+ raids. Baja does just as good if not better. When I’m forced to be the healer I will only use Baja. You wouldn’t believe the number of times people have suddenly switched one dino to a Para. The Raid took forever with two dinos that are only good at healing. We won, but it was a long fight.

People either refuse to spend coins on a healer or will only accept one dino and no others.

1 Like

I’m usually a debuff guy or a AOE booster.

1 Like

I think you need better teammates lol. Stay away from kids who don’t think and just want to blast and blast.

1 Like

Healers seem to have the advantage.
Where most people boost for the arena/raids, not as many boost for the raid healer.
If you play a healer you will get more raids.
They are the most scarce class.

1 Like

I tend to play healer out of the 2 times I was in a raid. Tenotosaurus for the sino raid and diloranno for the mamo raid

1 Like

For those of you still having problems finding people for higher raids(esp healers … by the looks of it​:joy:) here’s a raid channel i created last week for this purpose :+1:

I’ve seen this too. I prefer Baja, but Dilorano’s cunning moves are great for removing that nasty damage buff. I’m still experimenting with all the possibilities.

I recently had a number of raids where someone already filled the healer role, so I tried Ardonto (fail), Alloraptor (fail), Spinonyx (fail), and Diplovenator (big win). It was so nice to switch things up.

Ardonto isn’t that bad actually. get someone to buff it’s damage via Tryo or a SV and it can take huge chunks out of Mammotherium.

2 Likes