The raids I participate in tend to go like this (no Discord or pre-planning):
- I get an invite (or occasionally when I start a raid lobby)
- I watch everyone select damage dealers with an occasional debuff creature
- I inevitably and reluctantly select a healer because nobody else will
- Raid goes well because I sacrificed something more dynamic for a must-have, but ignored creature class
- OR I still fail plenty of raids because people don’t think of it as a team exercise
In any case, it would be nice to switch things up occasionally instead of always healing.
Invitation: Broaden your outlook and skills by taking the healer role occasionally.
Anyone else have this experience with spontaneous raids?