I Balanced every Creature in the Game, because Ludia wouldn't (Fan Made)

So, after a long time of playing the game its sad to realise that the arena is total garbage, one of the main part (or what was the main part) of the game is soo boring and stressful, no one enjoys it.
No one gives enough of a damn to try and balance the arena, balancing the creatures, the matchmaking, none. Its good that they added raids, but we dont have to forget about the arena.

Look, I dont want to be a butt, but you have to admit that Ludia kinda gave up on balancing.

In 2.0, the beginning of a new era, Ludia came with an actually good idea: The Class System; Fierce > Resilient > Cunning > Fierce. But THE PROBLEM IS that Ludia literally gave up on that idea and now we have so many creatures that violate this system.

Let me show you a few examples:

• Some Resilients can beat some Fierce (Diplodocus, Titanoboa, etc.)
  • Some Fierce can beat some Cunnings (Albertosaurus) and also the lack of fierce creatures
  • Even some Cunning creatures, Cunnings with flocks, can defeat Resilients with ease (Compsognathus, Argentaryx, etc.).
  • Not even Commons are balanced well enough and I showed it with a video were I used a team full of Common Vs Legendary and the Commons won (Its a video on my channel)
  • Many other…

Now sure, you might say that an epic resilient would definitely beat a common fierce, if a higher rarity beats a lower rarity thats fine, but this is not the case here. And lower raritys can beat higher raritys, but there has to be a limit. You can have a Common beat a Epic, but not a Legendary or Unique or Apex or even a epic normal/super hybrid.

I dont really want to turn this into a “Hate Ludia” post, soo its better if I stop here.

There has been some progress made, but not enough.

So basically the game its not balanced and im here to work on that, blah blah blah…, so we should begin:

Before I start, you have to keep this in mind:

• You have to read the “Some Really Important Information” page down below. If you dont want to then thats fine, but if you want to understand, you’ll have to read it.

Some Really Important Information

With this big change, I obviously had to change a bit of the abilities aswell as the class system

• Many changes to (and new) abilities
  • Immune to: It means that a specific group is 100% Resistant or can cleanse the specific debuff trough an ability like fierce strike, cleanses Vulnerability (or Cleansing Impact).
    Example: A fierce must have a Vulnerability and/or Speed resistance that are expressed via a resistance (100% to Deceleration) or a cleanse (Fierce Strike, cleanse Vulnerability)

• Possible Resistances to : It means that a specific group can have a 75% - 0% Resistance to a specific debuff, but never 100%. This means that creatures with a possible resistance to, lets say doT, can never have a cunning attack or be full immune to it because its suggesting that that creatures is fully immune to doT.

• Weaknesses to: It means that a specific group can never be resistant to a specific debuff. (Fierce can never be resistant to distraction or crit reduction, not even 1%)

• Stun, Swap Prevention, Critical Reduction and Taunt can only have the percentage of resistans of 0% or 100%. (To eliminate some of the rng in the game. Do you really want to get a 10% chance stun and lose the battle? Or a 1,2563…% crit chance?)

For an easier understanding keep this in mind:

• Immunity = 1

• Resistance = 0

• Weakness = -1

• Immunity + Resistanse = 1 > So a Immunity { 1 + 0 = 1}

• Immunity + Weakness = 0 > So a Resistance { 1 + (-1) = 0}

• Weakness + Resistanse = -1 > So a Weakness { (-1) + 0 = -1}

This is gonna help you understand how hybrids get their resistances and weaknesses ( Resilient + Fierce; Resilient + Cunning; Cunning + Fierce; Wild Card)

• FIERCE, RESILIENT, CUNNING RESISTENCES AND WEAKNESSES:

1. Fierce:

Immune to:- (100% Resistant or can cleanse)

• Vulnerability
  • Speed Decrease

Possible Resistance(s) to:- (75-0% Resistant)

• Stun
  • Swap Prevention
  • Rending
  • DoT
  • Taunt

Weakness(es) to:- (0% Resistant)

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction
  • Evasion
  • Cunning

2. Resilient:

Immune to:

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction

Possible Resistance(s) to:

• Taunt
  • Stun
  • Speed Decrease
  • Vulnerability

Weakness(es) to:

• DoT
  • Rending
  • Swap Prevention
  • Fierce

3. Cunning:

Immune to:

• DoT
  • Swap Prevention

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction
  • Rending
  • Stun

Weakness(es) to:

• Speed Decrease
  • Vulnerability
  • Precision
  • Resilient

• HYBRID RESISTANCES AND WEAKNESSES:

1. Fierce - Resilient:

Immune to:

• Vulnerability
  • Speed Decrease

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction
  • Taunt
  • Stun

Weakness(es) to:

• DoT
  • Rending
  • Swap Prevention
  • Cunning - Fierce

2. Resilient - Cunning:

Immune to:

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction

• Swap Prevention
  • DoT
  • Stun
  • Taunt

Weakness(es) to:

• Vulnerability
  • Speed Decrease
  • Rending
  • Fierce - Resilient

3. Cunning - Fierce:

Immune to:

• DoT
  • Swap Prevention

• Speed Decrease
  • Vulnerability
  • Rending
  • Taunt
  • Stun

Weakness(es) to:

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction
  • Precision
  • Cunning - Resilient

4. Wild Card:

• Distraction
  • Crit Reduction
  • Speed Decrease
  • Vulnerability
  • Rending
  • Stun
  • DoT
  • Swap Prevention
  • Taunt

- Wild Cards have the possibility to be resistant to everything because they’re made of all the 3 classes, but never 100% resistant or fully immune.

- However, Wild Cards and Some Hybrids can cleanse a specific debuff, but the cleanse has to correspond with the animation of a certain dino of a certain class, for example: Monolorhino its a wild card, which means it can’t be fully immune or cleanse distraction, but because Monolorhino has the animation of Woolly Rhino, which is a Resilient, Monolorhino can have a Resilient Attack. This applies to every Wild Card and some hybrids.

• There is one more thing I want to say. You will notice that some hybrids are made of 2 common classes, and only one different class [Example: Indoraptor; (Cunning + Fierce) + Cunning], but dont have the resistances or weaknesses of a Fierce-Cunning that I mentioned; in this case, because this dino is more Cunning than Fierce, I am going to use the Weaknesses and Resistances of a pure Cunning. However, if we take the same example but replaced the Cunnings with Resilient [(Resilient + Fierce) + Resilient] we can give this dinosaur the immunity to distraction and crit reduction, aswell as immunities to vulnerable and speed decrease (because a fierce + resilient is immune to speed decr. and vuln. and if we add another resilient in the mix, we get distr. and crit red. immunities). This also applies with other (Cunning + Resilient) + Cunning or (Fierce + Resilient) + Fierce blah blah… you get the idea.
  • This rule doesnt apply when there is a (Resilient + Resilient) + Fierce, because you’re just making a normal Resilient - Fierce, but its a Super Hybrid. And this rule also ignores the 1, 0, -1 system.

Hopefully you understood, especially with the last part, it was kinda messy.

So now lets FINALLY get to the meat of this thread…

The Big Big List Here (Alphabetical Order A - Z)

||| This is not how it should be, but how I would like it to be |||

{If you dont understand something, leave a reply down below}

13 Likes

You might need to zoom on your phone to see the images, sorry, I couldn’t really do it in another way.

I am still reading this, but I do agree. We need a complete or nearly complete balance overhaul

7 Likes

It is their business strategy. They create some unbalanced creatures (regardless which ones), then money always goes to the unbalanced ones. After a while when it absorbs enough money, they nerf this one (of course as per your request, always), and then create another unbalanced one, keep the continuous incomes. If everything is perfectly balanced, no one put more boosts, where the money comes from?

3 Likes

Why is tupandactylus a pure fierce if it has short defence?

Antarctopelta and Inostherium are missing Revenge moves, and you posted Tragodistis through Titanoboa twice. As well, Refrenantem shouldn’t be a Wildcard here when she has all the stats of a pure Cunning.

2 Likes

And what? They dont have to have revenge abilities to be good.

If you pay attention, you’ll notice that Refrenantem has super distraction which not only distracts, it also removes dodge and bleeds, something that a cunning should not do. Also i gave it a Nullifying Strike because a nullifying strike nullifies any positive effect, dodge, damage/crit/speed increase, shield, invincibility, to me this feels like something a wild card will do. Literally the only way to counter a nullifying strike/impact/rampage is with armor or distraction.
Yes. I made Refrenantem a Wild Card, so what.

I’m not sure that fierce attacks should inflict DoT. Cunning moves cleanse it, but since they’re usually faster they won’t get a chance to do that.

4 Likes

I don’t want to take away from the effort put into this, but a simple post saying you don’t like swap in damage and you want to kill the current meta is all that was needed. There will always be a meta and just looking at some of the top tier dinos because I just didn’t want to spend all day reading it. I thought some of the adjustments were so overboard I just can’t invest into it any longer. I’m looking to drop my L30 Tenontorex with 30 boost because its really underperforming. The attack was nuked by 300! :laughing:
Thanks for all the work put into this entire post because you can see it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think you made an error and gave archaeo too much attack because I can’t see the exact number but you gave it something like 5000-9000 attack.

Antarcto was unique for being the first non-parareptilian Resilient with a Revenge move, and Inos is part Gorgonopsid, so it would have to retain a revenge based move.

You got me there but what’s with the attitude?

1 Like

Where did i say that i dont like swap in damage?
And also this post is a fan made thing.

What attitude? Do you really think im mad? No, i just wanted to inform you, thats all.

No. You should check it again. Archaeotherium only has 1200 damage

I know this looks like a problem, but fierce attacks are not too different from shattering attacks. They need something more. Thats why I added bleed. Its only 10% so its not something too crazy and also you probably noticed that i change lethal wound and maiming wound.
Lethal wound now doesnt do damage, it only bleeds the target. And maiming wound bleeds the target 30% instead of 40% and also it locks the target.
I originally wanted to remake how bleed works, but i couldnt do that because JWA Toolbox doesnt have the right “tools”.
Bleed would still consist in damage over time, but for the first turn you inflict bleed, it only bleeds the target 10%. If the bleed continues for 2 turns, it will bleed 25% (10% + 25%= 35%). If you somehow survive and bleed for tree turns, than you will bleed for 34% (35% + 34% = 69%) very nice, but you will most likely die from this.
This way cunnings wont be affected to much by bleed, but the resilients will be.

I meant archaeopteryx. I forgot archaeo stands for archaeotherium.

1 Like

It has only 1000 damage. Its probably hard to see the exact number because the image its too small.

1 Like

Why would you nerf Keratoporcus and Ophia?
I just scrolled and stopped randomly. After seeing both their nerfs. I just stopped reading.

A+ for the effort though.

4 Likes

I didn’t you were mad but more irritated with the “and what” and “so what”

I can agree that fierce attacks need more, but bleed ain’t it. I’d prefer something a bit smaller, like a crit chance increase after you attack so your next attack has a higher chance of being a crit (maybe even guaranteed).

3 Likes