Ludia Forums

I don't like nerf threads but this deer needs to be stopped

remove the counter heal. Its annoyed.

1 Like

The deer shouldn’t be able to kill both my skoon and Dio, so what they’re all resilient the deer should not have been able to do that and still have enough hp on it to kill my metrodon. Not to mention all my dinos were lvl 22+

1 Like

Yeah, BECAUSE THEYRE SUPPOSED TO. They’re fierce of course they’re going to kill some resilients. The deer is RESILIENT and shouldn’t to do that to my team of higher level creatures. If I had a full team of cunning’s it would be a different story but I don’t. The Thor wouldn’t be able to beat my Skoona anyway.

No, no I didn’t. Diorajasaur has armor, shields and an armor piercing counter attack and monolometrodon has defence shattering and nullifying moves. Ok I didn’t my chompers so what? Deer shouldn’t have been able to wipe my team like that. Saying the deer isn’t the problem here and I only just had a “bad draw” is just nonsensical.

5 Likes

Hey, for those who have unlocked Indotaurus, is it reliable against the deer? Also, try nitro marsupial lion?

1 Like

Distraction resistance is the one resistance it should have, since as a resilient it’s meant to counter cunnings, similar with deceleration and vulnerability resistances, resilients aren’t the ones that are meant to counter it, besides decel immunity with that kind of speed has always been a major part of testa’s build

I personaly think that a better way of nerfing testa would be to actualy take the pre 2.9 testa, and just remove some of the buffs that made it broken (rather then trying to nerf the current one)

Here it has (i’m fairly certain) the same exact stats it had back pre 2.9, the diffrence is it has Cleansing decelerating impact instead of Resilient impact, the Counter power heal, but no Swap prevention resistance

With this rework i think it should be fairly good without being broken, since the pre 2.9 testa was pretty underpowered and this rework doesen’t add any really insane ability or stat buff i’m scared more of this thing being underpowered rather then broken (though i could easily be wrong)
I think i could also increase the dmg to 1050 or the hp to 4.2k but i think this is mostly fine

There could be an argument made that testa should also loose CDI for superiority impact (since most of the time they act relativly the same exept CDI can be quite oppressive to fierce by cleansing bleed) but i still think that stat nerfs should be enough

1 Like

1 Like

I mean… the deer no longer poses a threat.

1 Like

ye it can’t really touch grypolyth and monolorhino. If I had more Woolly rhino maybe my fight would have went different.

Resilient aren’t meant to have distraction resistance, resilient and superiority moves cleanse for a reasons. Hence the reason basically all resilient aren’t resistant to it. Other cunning’s are the ones resistant to it.

1 Like

Ok all your dinos at 22 level!! And None of them Chomper ? Deer is the best resilient thats why is a tyrant and thats why it kill all your 22 level dinos. Now if your dinos were 30 level and boosted chances are it would only kill one and a half resilient uniques. Cunnings 2 uniques for sure if not all. For chompers like thor 30 or morty even grypho eats it. Im glad they removed swap in heal but all other is fine maybe removing decelarating impact but thats it or they will make useless .

:popcorn: :eyes: well well deer problem again like others said deer now has more counters but again i dont have any issues with it

I never said I don’t have a chopper, I said I DIDNT GET ONE ON MY TEAM THAT ROUND.

Tyrant or not, it’s LEVEL 21 and shouldn’t be able to do that. Plus Skoonasaurus is ALSO IN TYRANT TIER so don’t see your point there. I shouldn’t need level 30 dinos to kill a level 21 deer, do you even know what you’re talking about?

4 Likes

:popcorn: deer should have its counter heal removed at all it was the problem not the stun and swap resistences or the swap in heal they nerfed it in the wrong way

3 Likes

You raise a fair point. It is indeed different than the tryko situation and there are creatures that fit the counter heal concept a bit better, like para lux and a possible hybrid.
But i don’t think It would need to give that much in terms of stats to keep this ability. Counter or not, i’d keep the damage at 1000 since It has a high damage potential with devastation. With the counter i think 4050 hp and 40% armor would be good enough, without the counter It could keep current hp and armor. As for speed, i believe It needs a nerf, counter or not. Damage output and high speed are one of the reasons It can be oppressive towards fierce, the other ones being pin resistance and the cleansing move, those points would be the priority over removing the counter for balancing It imo, since the counter doesn’t really affect the matchups against fierce nearly as much as those other things.

2 Likes

The counter does not cleanse negative effects.

2 Likes

I agree the counter should stay it makes the deer unique

1 Like

deer is already pretty unique

Just had the deer on my team for the arena - I agree, it was not the nerf it needed. All four (!!!) of the opposing creatures had fierce moves, and I was still able to win, with Testa finishing the last two off (and by using her previously to take some damage from Tryko’s RI). The main reason I won though, was the On Escape Heal, which cleansed the bleed. Otherwise, I would have lost.

7 Likes

This tourney is just a standoff between two Testas. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I just used it in tourney for the first time. It pretty much wiped out the entire other team. And they actually had some good counters for it.

2 Likes