I feel like the boost reset would either be Ludia's Thanksgiving or Christmas "gift"

At this point, that makes the most sense to me

4 Likes

I would not hold a lot of hope. I think they may be a thing of the past.

Ludia has made 3 game changing updates with no indication that there will be any boost reallocation. I think they see this as a good way to separate players from their money :money_with_wings: by continuing to change the meta and forcing people to buy boosts if they want their team to continue to be relevant.

I hope that I am wrong, but I think it is likely that there will be no boost reset and that we will see more rushed out/shoddily executed/game-breaking updates as they try to squeeze out every dime they can from players. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

7 Likes

Once the lemons will have been squeezed enough, they will just shut down the servers!

3 Likes

It does feel like we have moved into a new ‘grab the money while we can’ mode with Ludia. Kind of shocking and feels like a new low, even for them. As long as they can continue to get people to hand over their money by continuously pulling the rug out from under them, however, they will.

How about Ludia’s “it’s just good customer service”?

2 Likes

I would agree @Mudkipz, and if we were whales we might get that. Unless they make a profit from it though I do not see it happening.

I still think the idea of paying HC to reapply boosts could work, but I don’t think they care too much for that. And the devs and mgmt do not come here, the mods have made that VERY clear. And I cannot imagine any mod being allowed into a development strategy meeting at Ludia to present these ideas. Sorry, love most of you, but it’s true. They do not care much what happens on the board.

3 Likes

Even if we’re not whales, we still make them money through adds and stuff, and providing an online experience for the “whales” to engage in. So I’d argue we’re still worthy of being treated with some of the same decency.

2 Likes