Ludia Forums

I want new animals!

I like the idea that will be aquatic reptiles In the game! Like who’s like this idea!

5 Likes

Would you have them hover or flop on their sides when battling terrestrial creatures?

Or do you mean in an exclusive aquatic environment?

5 Likes

Which, let’s be honest, an exclusive aquatic arena is essentially a new game especially when you consider… where are you darting these new water bound dinos? Are you on a boat or does a 40ft dinosaur appear in the retention pond near your house? What about people who live inland?

1 Like

The idea is nice but it would be very hard to incorporate aquatic creatures into the game.

The arena would have to be seperate for sure. And as for hunting, I suppose they could have random aquatic areas appear on the map for hunting them to make it fair for people who don’t live near water but again that sounds like a bit much

2 Likes

I mean this is a game that creates new hybrids through genetic manipulation… they could essentially make a post stating that larger then ever before seen waterspouts have been forming on the coasts and throwing animals hundred of miles inland. In a response Ingen scientists have been manipulating there dna so they can survive on land for periods of time. Giving dpg members time to get there and rescue the stranded aquatics.

Sure not very realistic at all… but alot of stuff in this game arent realistic.

1 Like

6 Likes

Here is an idea idea I had for aquatics aquatic built creatures can go in the area but if they are not amphibious then after three turns without taking a breath they would start to take damage same for the aquatic reptiles but then have five turns

1 Like

They could work like sanctuaries. Fishing spots to catch aquatics.

1 Like

Once again, this idea isn’t great but they could
1add aquatics in as arena and strike event exclusive
or
2 make a special campaign mode to unlock them.

The campaign unlock mode seems more balanced. It should be locked until level 10, then you can start. They give you DNA to unlock 4 Common aquatics and you just progress and unlock more aquatics as you go. You can also incorporate the first point into this as well by, once completing a certain amount of missions, you can take place in the 3 aquatic strike each week. (One regular incubator, one rare incubator and one epic incubator)

I dunno, kinda seems like a fair idea

1 Like

Or just have them spawn like how every other dinosaur spawns and have them floating when they’re in battle. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I do wanna see a Mosa in this game. That would be pretty cool

1 Like

How about we just get bug fixes?

2 Likes

Youve been around long enough to know between aquatics and significant bug fixes only one of them has a realistic chance of happening… and its not the one you would like.

1 Like

I might suggest that the devs could create new spawn mechanic where aquatics would appear on the sea or any other aquatic body of map

1 Like

I’ve been telling my son, aquatic spawns could be as easy as a water blotch spawning with an aquatic creature above it. Seems the most logical way. As far as battling and arenas, I dont see how a special arena is necessary. Why cant aquatic creatures just float there while battling?

I can see how new arenas would be fun, I wouldn’t mind seeing the animations. Pogo made aquatic creatures work JWA can too. It just depends on how or if they ever get implemented into the game.

1 Like

man it would give a great opportunity to create new hybrids for an aquatic duel

2 Likes

Added Aquatics to the map shouldn;t be any different to finding dinosaurs anyway. That’s fine.

As for Arena battles, I figure there is a way of doing it - both just visual changes.

1. If both players field an Aquatic, the Arena backdrop changes to the inside of an Aquarium.
  2. If only one player fields an Aquatic, then the backdrop changes to the Aquarium ringside with the Aquatic in the water (think where the mosasaurus grabs the indominus).

Otherwise it remains as is.

3 Likes

They can bring a “puddle” with them when entering the arena. Or when spawning. :woman_shrugging: And splash out during an attack.

2 Likes

Pogo is a cartoon.

JWA exists in a fantastical setting of dinosaurs and man, but is still grounded by the physics of reality.

It would definitely outright ruin the Jurassic Park feel by having floating aquatic dinosaurs in the style of Pokemon, and losing the feel would be enough to turn some people away from the game.

2 Likes

Actually, I thought it would appear in puddles both on the map and in the battles. I was not thinking of the arena, I just want to see the aquatic reptiles in the game. And I find it interesting to have aquatic-terrestrial hybrids. But that’s thing, anyway so it was with winged reps, isn’t it?

1 Like