Ludia Forums

I want to transfer my game to a new device

Hello,

For the past few months (ca. More than half a year) I couldn’t play rise of Berk anymore, because my old device wasn’t compatible anymore. But now I have room for the game on my new device and already installed it. Now I need help to transfer my old game to this device please.
Oh I’m so excited to hopefully have my old game back soon.

Rana

1 Like

Just play through the tutorial, once you’re free to move around on your own, go to the settings and click on FB Connect.

1 Like

Hello,

Do I need facebook to transfer my old game? Because I don’t use facebook.

Rana

1 Like

Yes, especially if your old game was linked to your Facebook account. If you were playing a Guest account, then unless you remember your old Support Key, it’ll be more difficult to get it back.

1 Like

Hello,

I never had facebook and always played on a guest account. But I have my old support key.

Rana

1 Like

Try emailing Ludia with your Support Key & request to restore it, it might take some time. Afterwhich I suggest you create an account to link it to (even just a dummy account) so it’ll be easier in the future.

1 Like

Hey @Rana_Mana, are your previous and current devices both Android/iOS? If so, you can link your game account to your Apple/Google ID. Otherwise, please send an email to support at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key included in the message, just as Nathaniel_Puzon mentioned. Thank you!

1 Like

Really? When did that happen? How does one do that?

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your help. I will contact the support, but now I seem to have another problem. The game doesn’t seem to “like” my internet connection at home. Every time I try to play the game at home right now, it tells me, that it can’t connect, but if I play the game somewhere else with a different internet connection, it works. And yesterday it still worked at home, but not so today. I already checked, I have a internet connection. So what could be the problem of that?

Rana

1 Like

I’ve seen this before, though thankfully it is not happening right now. I never did dig into it, but “works on one ISP but not another” would seem to suggest that the problem is with the ISP. You could try contacting them, but you’ll probably have about as much luck with them as with Ludia support.

Alternatively, maybe you can look into using a VPN at home…

1 Like

Hello,

Could you please tell me, what do you mean with ISP and VPN? Because I actually don’t speak English and don’t know what these stand for?

Rana

1 Like

@Rana_Mana, GIYF: ISP (Wikipedia), VPN (Wikipedia).

1 Like

Thank you for the link an all your help

Funny thing, now of course it works just fine. But I’m sure the problems might come again. Still I am so happy once I can play my old game. I had so many things I worked so hard for to get it.

Rana

1 Like

I apologize for the confusion, as I had a different game in mind. :sweat_smile: Kindly disregard what I said about linking to Apple/Google, as I meant linking to Facebook.

2 Likes