Ice Age Creatures can now Freeze!

I think this would be amazing if any creature had the ability to Freeze with a 5 turn cooldown. This ability would freeze either the opposing creature for 2 consecutive turns or self freeze for 1 turn. I think this is a cool idea. Get it? Cool idea.

When a dinosaur is frozen it can not perform a move, ability nor can it swap. I should have mentioned this. The difference is unlike stunned it freezes everything even swapping. Think of it like being Stunned and Locked Down at once.

Only creatures with 50% or more armor could potentially break out of the 2 turn freeze after 1 turn on a 45% chance.

What say you?

?? I don’t understand

When a dinosaur is frozen it can not perform a move, ability nor can it swap. I should have mentioned this. The difference is unlike stunned it freezes everything even swapping. Think of it like being Stunned and Locked Down at once. The only thing is it can end up backfiring on you for 1 turn instead of on your opponent for 2 turns.

1 Like

Should’ve explained XD

So anything like Woolly Mammoth, Woolly Rhinoceros, Glyptodon etc. Anything that was alive during the Ice Age. All of them have freeze. And no resistance to it. As explained only creatures with 50% or more armor have a 45% chance to break out after 1 turn of being frozen.

I should’ve. I messed up. Luckily it’s still early.

I can’t wait to hear what @Qaw and @Bub have to say about this one.

1 Like

And piroraptor have the ability fire

1 Like

Its a dot but with distraction

No. I chose Freeze because it adds a unique element to the game for these new creatures that could use a boost to get even more traction and it doesn’t need a fire counter or to add all these other things to play off of it. I just wanted to suggest it be for Ice Age only.

It’s just fun because it can either affect the opponent or backfire. You only get hurt for one turn, your opponent two. We have armor 50% and over as resistance at a 45% chance.

We need new and exciting. Being unable to take your turn or swap is pretty cool.

See if you start talking about fire then we’ll get people talking about wind and earth and it just goes too far.

Honestly there should only ever be a Lava zone or Dragons for fire, nothing else.

And I don’t dislike the idea entirely nor am I saying any of this with malice, but if they aren’t adding dragons then forget ever having fire.

“Fire” would be more realistic than ice to come from a living animal. Ice would be more fantasy than sci-fi.

5 Likes

IE the bombardier beetle. Plus fire-spitting raptors sound so much cooler!(Oh the irony)

That’s probably the best example, but there are other, more sci-fi ones, more than there are for ice-spitters anyway, from what I’ve read.

1 Like

Idk, this would def make rhino that much more OP, and it doesn’t make sense in a realistic dinosaur game

1 Like

So basically its immoblize but without priority?

if anything, ice age creatures should have freeze resistance!
they’ve been living in cold conditions, they got used to it
:cold_face:

lockdown and stun with priority

This isn’t Pokemon.

8 Likes

I have to agree with @bobbymcfeen here. There’s no need to add elemental powers to the game. You might as well give chompers the ability to breath fire. At least stunning, distracting, slowing, etc. are all plausible effects of physical injuries.

That said, there’s no reason they can’t just make a move that stuns and has lockdown together, since these both already exist. This is actually exactly what Immobilize does. So sure, you could make these effects more common, but you don’t need to make a new class of “freezing” moves in order to do this.

4 Likes

This. :arrow_double_up:

The game is based upon a sci-fi franchise but this idea is going a bit far.

5 Likes

Sorry I edited the post. I meant immobilize.